KDE Plasma 5.0 Announced

Até ao momento, tirando ainda algusn bugzitos, a app mais ranhosa nesta nova versão é a Konsole. Espero que a melhorem brevemente..
Por acaso é a aplicação que mais uso.
Acho que está muito boa, o aspecto limpo e polido, os separadores, os bookmarks das ligações, a customização.

É só mais um aninho ou dois até estar o KDE totalmente portado a Wayland. Mas um ano/ano e meio acredito que esteja production-ready.
O GNOME fica a 100% lá para setembro, enlightenment acho que já anda também.
Já não se vai poder dizer que não há opções.
Lá se vão boa parte dos problemas que GNU/Linux tem no Desktop.

Plasma Phone Mobile - a new mobile UI from KDE developers running on Wayland and Ubuntu Touch/Kubuntu

KDE developers are working on the Plasma Phone, a touch based UI/mobile shell designed for mobile devices, in that case phones.
As you may know Plasma 5 was created to support different form factors (desktop, media center etc), so Plasma Phone uses standard KDE libraries and … Wayland.

More here

Breeze Icons in Plasma 5.4 and future work.

I hope you enjoy the plasma 5.4 release. The VDG investigate a lot into a consistent user experience and therefore we updated the Breeze icon set from 1.600 to 3.000 icons (plasma 5.3 to 5.4).

More here.

Tuesday, 25 August 2015. Today KDE releases a feature release of the new version of Plasma 5.

This release of Plasma brings many nice touches for our users such as much improved high DPI support, KRunner auto-completion and many new beautiful Breeze icons.
It also lays the ground for the future with a tech preview of Wayland session available. We're shipping a few new components such as an Audio Volume Plasma Widget, monitor calibration tool and the User Manager tool comes out beta.

Nos últimos meses estava a usar o Ubuntu GNOME mas resolvi instalar o Kubuntu 15.04 e rendi-me ao Plasma.
Consta que é um bocado pesado mas no meu portátil de 2008 corre bastante bem. Além de que não sou pessoa para ter muitas aplicações abertas ao mesmo tempo.

Demora um pouco a explorar todas as definições possíveis mas dá para ficar com um ambiente de trabalho a funcionar de forma excelente.

The VDG was represent by Jens, Heiko, Uri and me. I met Uri the first time since I start making Breeze icons. That was so cool that we work together to finalize Breeze. And we made it happen.
All Oxygen icons from the oxygen repository are now available in Breeze. Therefore we made during the sprint 1.600 new icons. So we have now 4.780 Breeze icons.
Uri and I work since spring 2014 on the Breeze icons and we made 55 % of the missing icons in one week. It was impressing what you can do with KDE sprints. Hope we can do a design sprint in 2016.

Breeze is finished

Experimentei mas não sou grande fã. É demasiado eye candy sem nenhuma funcionalidade acrescida em comparação com outros ambientes gráficos. Mas pronto, talvez eu não seja o publico alvo do kde :)

Back