[Wii] Developer Support Thread

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
Para que não se tenha de criar uma thread cada vez que algum developer fale da Wii, sem confirmar suporte ou títulos em produção, mas deixa a possibilidade em aberto e/ou diz ter ideias.

Para que a informação não se perca e não fique tão dispersa.

Aqui fica o mais recente:

Tecmo, Team Ninja, Tomonobu Itagaki (produtor/director de jogos como DoA e Ninja Gaiden)
1UP: Does that mean you’d like to develop something for the Wii?

Tomonobu Itagaki: Well, I’ve got my hands full looking over my ‘daughter’ and my new ’son,’ [Editor’s note: DOAX2 and Ninja Gaiden 2] who’s going to be born soon, so I don’t really have the ability to think about that right now, but I think it would be once again handled by a young member of the team. So even when I’m playing with the Wii and I close my eyes, I envision myself holding a Japanese sword. So that’s the frame of mind I’m in right now, so I hope everyone looks forward to what we’re working on next.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156625

Que tal um jogo de "espadas japonesas" (katanas?) da Team Ninja para a Wii?

Scarface

The cover of this month's British Nintendo magazine N-Gamer clearly shows that Vivendi Games is bringing Scarface: The World is Yours to the Wii.

According to the magazine, the Wii Scarface will have a control scheme similar to Red Steel. Players will point the Wii remote at the screen like a gun to control an aiming reticule to target opponents. The magazine also promises to use the so-called "Wiimote" for melee combat with the film's infamous chainsaw. According to
N-Gamer, players will be able to sever legs and heads, and will hear the sound of the chainsaw emit from the Wiimote's built-in speaker.

Wiimote...chainsaw...
interessante, acho que quando sair vai ser o primeiro jogo da Wii a ser banido na Alemanha lol.

Vim só fazer este post para dizer que este topico ficava melhor organizado se o pessoal nao fizesse comentários, e em vez disso apenas postasse "noticias" como os 3 membros acima o fizeram..

Ou entao um moderador apagasse o desnecessário.. Fica a ideia

Vim só fazer este post para dizer que este topico ficava melhor organizado se o pessoal nao fizesse comentários, e em vez disso apenas postasse "noticias" como os 3 membros acima o fizeram..

Ou entao um moderador apagasse o desnecessário.. Fica a ideia
Acho saudável que se comente as noticias que sejam apresentadas :)

Não somos um site de noticias (onde as vamos buscar) mas sim um forum de discussão. E as noticias no caso desta thread, são para serem especuladas.

Quanto à EA... já existe até mais que um estudio dedicado neste momento. :D

O primeiro foi o do Madden e Tiger Woods (feitos pela EA Salt Lake); depois foi anunciado o Sims Wii, feito por uma developer japonesa que a EA comprou para o efeito (acho que lhe chamaram EA Japan); e um SSX Blur que está a ser feito por outro estudio, a EA Montreal.

Nada mau :)

Starfox na Wii?

A bit of info coming from an NoE interview. The question was concerning the possibility of StarFox on the Wii.

Takaya Imamura, Producer of Starfox Command: “I wonder how the adventure of Fox and friends is going to go next time?! I have come up with some idea in my mind but it is still just a small one. I will try my best so that I can deliver it to you some time!”

I am sure there will be a StarFox title on the Wii. The questions are when, and how will you control it?​
Fonte

Starfox na Wii?

Fonte
Espero que sim, finalmente um Starfox feito in-house depois de um "Starfox Zelda-clone" pela Rareware e um Starfox Armada feito pela Namco.

Seria muito bom que investissem a sério no titulo, acho que me babava (literalmente) se aparecessem com uns gráficos comparáveis ao Rogue Squadron 2/3 num Starfox.

adorava um novo starfox, tive o adventures e o assault pa gc. Gostava k tivesse um multiplayer parecido com o do assault com modo online(massivamente):x2:

O estúdio Telltale que recentemente ressuscitou a aventura gráfica Sam and Max revela suporte para a Wii:

Wii Systems Programmer Posted 1/25/07
We have an immediate opening for a Wii Systems Programmer. This position will be responsible for implementing our core 3D graphics and audio systems on the Wii. This is a full time position at our San Rafael location.

* Responsibilities
o Migrate core components of D3D based PC game engine to the Wii
o Implement additional platform specific features
o Modify and support existing art and production path to accommodate Wii production
o Contribute to the design and direction of Telltale Technology and products.
* Requirements
o Fluent C/C++ (templates, design patterns, STL, etc). Minimum 2 years professional experience.
o Experience designing and building game systems on consoles.
o Minimum of 1 shipped game title.
o Teamwork, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
o Attentive to detail
* Additional Preferred
o Prior experience with Wii or GameCube.
o Working knowledge of Lua implementation.

o C# experience.
o Maya experience (as a user and API).
o Experience in natural language processing.
o Love of adventure games.
Fonte: http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs#wiiguy

Previamente:

We’d love to bring Sam & Max to the Wii. We already think it’s a good fit (as evidenced by Dan’s comment at PAX). In fact, Heather brought up way back in January how great the Wii controller would be for an adventure game (of course, back then it was called the Revolution… what kind of a dumb name is that?), and we’re great fans of Adventure Gamers’ recent article on the subject. Thing is, us thinking it’s a great idea isn’t enough. We need the guys at Nintendo to agree. And with a company as big as Nintendo, getting noticed by the right people can be tricky.
Fonte: http://www.telltalegames.com/blogs/telltale/?permalink=5C476F0230B7702324F4A0CB0331A31F.txt&smm=y

News flash, Friday afternoon: They took notice! We got a phone call from Nintendo this afternoon. We’ll take it from here - please don’t email them anymore!
Fonte: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-85

1UP: Is there anything you know of in Culture Shock that has yet to be discovered -- some kind of Easter Egg or bonus that you guys hid away in that game?

DG: I don't think anyone has figured out how to get the octopus hat -- but I don't recommend that people try to, because I'm probably just making that up right now. However, I do have something in mind for a future episode to reward the diligent and the lucky.

1UP: Finally, how's that Wii development kit treating you guys?

DG: We keep it with the octopus hat. But I do think the Wii would be a great platform for our games, don't you?
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155816

Aventuras gráficas na Wii :D

A wii é uma excelente consola para esse tipo de jogos (aventuras), e normalmente estamos a falar de jogos que demoram sempre um bom tempo a passá-los devido aos seus puzzles..

Por acaso já joguei ao sam e max para o pc, e o jogo tem a sua piada, apesar de ser muito curto mesmo! Entretanto acho que já saiu um novo..

Seria bem vindo um Myst ou um Dreamfall!

Gostei de ver nos requerimentos conhecimento da linguagem Lua, que se bem me lembro era a linguagem base da GrimE Engine da Lucas Arts (Grim Fandango e Escape from Monkey Island), e notar que eles estão a planear portar a engine e adaptar a produção de forma a ser cross-platform, bem como implementar "features especificas".

A ver o que sai daqui; a lucas arts é que já voltava a fazer umas aventuras gráficas (ou se não fôr pedir muito, umas re-edições para a virtual console) :)

Esta notícia já é de Junho de 2005 mas não deixa de ser interessante, Donkey Kong na Wii? O Donkey Kong não é da Rare? Ou estou a confundir? Todos os outros jogos desta notícia já foram anúnciados / lançados, só falta mesmo o Donkey Kong.

Donkey Kong joins Revolution, Pokemon MIA
Nintendo's great ape will be back on the next-gen console for more hairy action, but Pikachu and company have yet to be called.

The latest issue of Famitsu reports that Donkey Kong will be among the titles scheduled for release on the upcoming Nintendo Revolution. This is the first news of the cybersimian, spawned in 1981 by Nintendo creative whiz Shigeru Miyamoto, heading for next-gen consoles.
Other games announced at E3 and confirmed by the magazine include new games in the Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Smash Brothers, and Metroid franchises. Square Enix is also developing a version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the console.

That means three of Nintendo's most popular franchises have been confirmed for release on the Revolution. Super Mario is currently the company's top-selling franchise, with 181.17 million units shipped worldwide to date. Donkey Kong is the company's third best-selling series with 46.51 million units shipped worldwide, and the Legend of Zelda series is its fourth best-selling franchise, with 46.33 million units shipped worldwide thus far.

However, one of Nintendo's second best-selling series, Pokemon, is curiously missing. With a total of 100 million games shipped worldwide as of last year, it's difficult to imagine the Revolution will proceed without a game based on the pocket monsters.

Esta notícia já é de Junho de 2005 mas não deixa de ser interessante, Donkey Kong na Wii? O Donkey Kong não é da Rare? Ou estou a confundir? Todos os outros jogos desta notícia já foram anúnciados / lançados, só falta mesmo o Donkey Kong.
Donkey Kong foi cedido à rareware em 1994 para o Donkey Kong Country; mas o franchise nasceu com o primeiro jogo da Nintendo, o jogo de Arcade com o mesmo nome (em 1981).

Foi também a primeira personagem e o primeiro jogo criados pelo Shigeru Miyamoto; embora o mario aparecesse, na altura nem tinha nome era o "jump man". :-D

Vem aí pelo menos um donkey kong, o DK: bongo blast (jogo de corridas com bongos); O ultimo DK de plataformas que saiu foi o jungle beat, o primeiro jogo do Nintendo Tokyo Studio e liderado pelo discípulo do miyamoto que fez o Mario Sunshine; esse estúdio está agora encarregue de fazer o Mario Galaxy.

Repost de outra thread mas, achei que merecia menção nesta thread:

New Wii Project From Capcom -- Inafune
Famed producer reveals new title in development.

January 19, 2007 - One of Capcom's most talented developers may have a chance to show his stuff on Nintendo's latest gaming machine, the Wii. Speaking with Japan's Gemaga, Keiji Inafune revealed that Capcom has an unannounced Wii title in development. He hopes to be able to show it this year.

Inafune most recently brought Xbox 360 owners Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Both were critical and commercial successes throughout the world, making interest in his future projects high.

His role on this new title is unknown. He may have direct involvement, or it may be just a general Capcom project.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/756/756832p1.html

Keiji Inafune é gestor do Capcom Production Studio 2 tem lugar na direcção da empresa e é produtor de jogos do Megaman, Onimusha, Dead Rising e Lost planet, esteve envolvido em 2 Resident Evils (o 2 e 4), Zelda Minish Cap e Breath of fire.

Última edição:
Possível lista de lançamentos da revista GamePro, é apenas um rumor:

Consider this story 100% rumor until we have visual proof from GamePro…

This list supposedly comes from the latest GamePro issue (March), and was sent in by reader The_legend_of_drtre. I don’t have the issue, but if anyone does, or plans to pick it up soon, please see if you can get us a confirmation. Some of the entries on this list just don’t make sense. This sort of stuff only pops up on the weekend, and is half the reason why I’m posting! I’ve starred the ones that don’t make any sense to me.

*100 Bullets - Fall 2007*
Alive-TBA 2007, Ubisoft
Devil Kings Series - 2007 Capcom
Digimon- 2007 , Namco
DK bongo blast-spring 2007, Nintendo
Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix- July, EA
Iron Man: The Movie, 2008, SEGA
Kirby- 2007 Nintendo
Legend of Dragon- 2007
Lost- 2007, Ubisoft
Machi Kuru Domino- 2007
Ratatouille- Fall 2007, THQ
*Mario Kart Wii- 2007, Nintendo*
*Pilot Wings -2007- Nintendo*
*Wii shooting- 2007*
*Wii motor sports airplane- 2007*
TNA impact- 2007, Midway
JAWA- 2007, spike
Wii music- October 2007
Space station Tycoon- Summer 2007- Namco
Dance Factory- March 2007
*Animal Crossing- 2007*
Raid over the River-2007
*Sadness- August- Nibris*

A ser verdade a Nintendo tem um line-up de Killer Apps first party a matar para 2007;

Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, Mario Strikers, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Pilotwings, Kirby, Animal Crossing... no primeiro ano de vida da consola? É muito.

Não que me queixe, venham eles :D

Era muito bom a consola ter um primeiro ano assim. Depois do sucesso de vendas que foi até agora, uma série de lançamentos assim deve ser o suficiente para a consola ficar bem solida no mercado.

Tinham falado do Guitar Hero algures..

Breaking: Guitar Hero comes to the Wii!

That’s right, during Activision’s conference call on Wednesday, CEO Mike Griffith stated that Guitar Hero will be making it’s way to the Wii:

The key difference in our strategy versus the prior cycle, is that in addition to full support on Sony and Microsoft platforms, we will aggressively target the Nintendo platforms consistent with our multi-platform strategy and Nintendo’s expected growth. In fiscal 2008, we will double our offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero.

No other details were given during the 60+ minute conference call. Since the announcement was given by the President of Activision, I think the chances are high for an official press release in the future. If you wish to hear the announcement for yourself, check out the conference call below and skip ahead to around the 28-minute mark.

Activision’s Conference Call Link

Back