[GDC07] Shigeru Miyamoto Keynote

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
Última edição:
GDC07: Liveblogging Nintendo

We're at the Nintendo Shigeru Miyamoto keynote. It's starting any minute now.

I just spoke with Reggie and asked him if there were going to be any fireworks during the keynote. He said "a couple." He's the second one to tell me that today's keynote isn't going to be quite as bland as people initially expected. Hit the jump to follow along.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/gdc07/gdc07-liveblogging-nintendo-242670.php

EDIT:

DSC03524.JPG

Última edição:
Conferencia acabou, como esperado não revelaram nada de especial, mas gostei do que ouvi li.

Agora é encontrar aquele video novo do Mario Galaxy :D

Conferencia acabou, como esperado não revelaram nada de especial, mas gostei do que ouvi li.

Agora é encontrar aquele video novo do Mario Galaxy :D

Eu gostava mais ver isto:

11:59: He tried to bring the idea back yet again with Stage Debut, a GameCube game that was intended to use the Game Boy e-Reader and a camera attachment. It featured a digital Miyamoto dancing with Pikmin characters as the crowd laughed.

:-D

Eu gostava mais ver isto:

11:59: He tried to bring the idea back yet again with Stage Debut, a GameCube game that was intended to use the Game Boy e-Reader and a camera attachment. It featured a digital Miyamoto dancing with Pikmin characters as the crowd laughed.

:-D
Isso é o Stage Debut :)

-> http://media.cube.ign.com/media/482/482801/imgs_1.html

E não viste tu o Yamauchi, antigo presidente da Nintendo (o qual algumas pessoas acreditam ter mais de 200 anos e ser imortal), a dançar... :p

Gostei do que li ate agr espero ver algum video ou mm o texto completo. Tenho visto tb mts criticas nos foruns internacionais e sitios de posts devido a falta de novidades e ao reforço de jogos = diversão , sem nexo na minha opinião isto era uma "reunião" de developers e não um evento publicitário, logo o homem falou para os da sua espécie sem grandes intenções de vender mais consolas com novidades explosivas.

Gostei do que li ate agr espero ver algum video ou mm o texto completo. Tenho visto tb mts criticas nos foruns internacionais e sitios de posts devido a falta de novidades e ao reforço de jogos = diversão , sem nexo na minha opinião isto era uma "reunião" de developers e não um evento publicitário, logo o homem falou para os da sua espécie sem grandes intenções de vender mais consolas com novidades explosivas.
A questão é simples.

Soubemos há uns dias que a Nintendo está com um blackout de informação por causa que o estado japonês se tem de livrar de todas as suas acções de empresas até 2017 e decidiu vender o seu stock da Nintendo agora; 1,4 % da empresa em acções, a Nintendo decidiu comprar essas acções e já fez a sua oferta, mas como são muitas acções e numa altura em que sabe que elas vão ser vendidas não pode fazer nada para que aumentem ou descam (sob pena de tentar manipular o mercado).

Basicamente a Nintendo tem de manter um low profile.

Gostei bastante do keynote, os forums que se queixem à vontade ;) como dizes a GDC nem nunca foi para fazer grandes revelações, a Sony fê-las porque precisava de feedback positivo.

EDIT: houveram umas partes hilariantes por acaso:
Developers always complain that there's "not enough" - people, budget, time.

Miyamoto- "I often go to Mr. Iwata with these same complaints, and unfortunately he responds the way I expect your bosses do - Too Bad."

Miyamoto- "It would be more normal to find Donkey Kong eating at my dining table" rather than see his wife doing something game-related before.

Última edição:
Muito boa a palestra. Vale a pena ver.

Agora mal posso esperar pelo novo canal de que ele fala! Tenho um Mii muito especial à espera dos seus 15 minutos de fama :)

Waiting for the Miyamoto keynote to start, I’m sitting three rows from the front. Close enough to see Nintendo’s resident BMOC, Reggie Fils-Aime at the front of the crowd, working it with his trademark smile and good will. He poses for pictures, he signs Wiimotes, he presses the flesh with a goodnatured ease that would make even the most seasoned politician weep with envy.

“Kick his ass and take his name!” someone shouted from a few rows behind me.

“Who?” answered Reggie in mid-autograph.

“Phil Harrison, front row!” Sure enough, there was Phil Harrison, seated dead center, front row. Looks like he could show up on time for Nintendo’s keynote, but not Sony’s.

With a grin and a chuckle, Reggie replies, “Some would say we’ve already done that.”

Touchdown. The crowd goes wild.
Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/gdc_nintendos_k.html

Keynote do Eiji Aonuma acerca de Zelda:

Aonuma indicated that Twilight Princess, for as good as it was, is just the tip of the iceberg for what can be done to the franchise on Wii.

Said Aonuma: "Twilight Princess was created for the GameCube first and the Wii version came later. When we approached Twilight Princess and added the Wii compatible features, we tried to take advantage of the initial key features of the Wii, like the pointer and the motion sensor -- because it was a launch title. But moving forward, as we get more used to using the Wii controllers and we get more used to developing for the Wii, you can probably expect even more deeper controls."

Some critics have complained that Twilight Princess played and looked too similar to Ocarina of Time. We asked Aonuma if that was a design choice.

"No, it wasn't my intent at all to make something that looked like or played like Ocarina of Time. I wanted to create something that exceeded Ocarina of Time so that could be why it might seem similar. And some of the staff that worked on Ocarina of Time also worked on Twilight Princess, so that might have impacted it as well. But my goal was to create something new," said Aonuma.

Quizzed on whether or not there is room for visual improvement to the Zelda series on Wii, Aonuma responded: "With the Wii version of Twilight Princess, I was creating the Wii version of a GameCube game and wanted to make them similar, so I didn't use the Wii graphics capability to its full capacity. We could actually do a lot more with that and I'm looking forward to doing that."

We asked Aonuma why Twilight Princess didn't feature an orchestral soundtrack.

"i think you're probably talking about the comment I made at E3 about using fully orchestrated background music for Zelda. [Omitting that] was actually a conscious decision we had to make because of development timing," said Aonuma. "It's something that Kondo-san [the game's composer] is very frustrated about -- he really wishes we could have implemented that. So I'm hoping you'll look forward to that in future Zelda games."

Finally, we brought up a common gripe: the lack of any major voice acting in Twilight Princess. Unlike orchestral music, which Nintendo seems intent on doing for future games, the company is not yet convinced that characters should talk.

"In regard to voice acting, I made a conscious decision not to give Link a voice because Link is actually the player and to give him a voice would alter the experience for the player so I don't think that that will happen anytime soon. Unless, of course, it benefits the gameplay. It's all about gameplay, so it if benefits the gameplay then we would definitely consider including voice acting," Aonuma said. "There are many games out there that use voice recording and for me, if I were to choose to include voice acting in a Zelda game, it would have to change the game dramatically and make other people realize that it's a completely new way of using voices."
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/771/771715p1.html

Aonuma says that there is something that happened to him that has been very influential. Aonuma’s wife is not interested in games at all. She doesn’t understand the hardships of game development, and thinks that he just plays games all day. Aonuma’s 5 year old son wanted a Wiimote. He didn’t say that he wanted the system, he thought it was a stand alone device.

Aonuma had to convince his wife that 5 years old wasn’t too young to start playing games. He started his son on Wii Sports. His son was able to pick up the game very easily. He also brought Twilight Princess home, even though he thought his son was too young. His son had a little trouble at the start, but by teaching him he could fish and call the hawk…and later on he could aim and shoot.

Aonuma came home the next to find his own wife playing, and his son cheering him on. His wife said that she was helping his son at first, but then she got more into the game. Now they both play Twilight Princess all the time. His wife stated that with old games she never wanted to try, but after seeing their son play the Wii she became very interested.

This reminded Aonuma of playing his first game of Mario on the NES. This is a vital aspect to the Wii.
Fonte: http://gonintendo.com/?p=14314

Back