DS Final Fantasy Legends II/Saga 2: Treasure Legend (remake)

Nada mau nesse departamento, está bastante limpo o aspecto e não há nada a desfocar :)
A versão do Gameboy saiu fora do Japão? Não me recordo de tal jogo :/

Eu joguei o legend 3,mas este escapou me,por acaso o legend 3 é dos meus jogos favoritos de sempre.
Vou estar de olho neste.

A versão do Gameboy saiu fora do Japão? Não me recordo de tal jogo :/
Não saiu na Europa, na America saiu como Final Fantasy Legends II
Eu joguei o legend 3,mas este escapou me,por acaso o legend 3 é dos meus jogos favoritos de sempre.
Vou estar de olho neste.
Bem que faziam um remake do Saga/Legend 3 também.

Mais tidbits: (e artigo de opinião de Jaremy Parish)

A new venue for SaGa's opaque weirdness

I like to play a little guessing game with Square Enix properties: while the company mines the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest brands, which of its other classic franchises have been abandoned? The best sign of a derelict brand is watching for what appears on Wii's Virtual Console. Square is miserly corporate entity that lives to squeeze every last cent from any property it deems viable, so when it shovels out a classic for 800 Wii Points instead of repackaging it as a $40 DS remake, you can sure that series is moribund. Secret of Mana showed up on Virtual Console in the wake of the Mana series' pitiful showing in 2007, while Chrono Trigger got a full-on DS remake. ActRaiser? Toast. Star Ocean? Still kicking. King's Knight? Dead and buried.

But there's been one major Square Enix franchise left unaccounted for over the past few years: SaGa. The SaGa games aren't quite the black sheep of the Square roster, but they're definitely the weird uncle that makes everyone slightly uncomfortable at family gatherings. A distant cousin of the Final Fantasy games, SaGa got its start on Game Boy as a sort of derivative work based on the oddballFinal Fantasy II. In the U.S., Square even branded the first three games, Makaitoshi SaGa, as "Final Fantasy Legend." But the bloodlines have grown thin, and SaGa bears zero resemblance to its distant relative these days. I thought I saw its spirit in last year's The Last Remnant, which I took to be a rebranding of the SaGa series. Meaning SaGa was done for after the thudding failure of Unlimited Saga and Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, right?

But no! The latest issue of Shounen Jump magazine (whose scans professional courtesy forbid me from posting myself) features the debut showing of a full-on remake of Makaitoushi SaGa 2, known in the U.S. as Final Fantasy Legend II.

Fear and trepidation among the U.S. gaming set no doubt swiftly ensued.

But is that really fair? The SaGa series' iconoclastic design and deliberately opaque mechanics can be a tough pill to swallow, and the franchise has been slow to catch on in the U.S. Most American RPG fans associate the game with 1998's SaGa Frontier, which they eagerly bought thinking, "Wow! A new RPG from the creators of Final Fantasy VII!" And what a hilarious surprise they were in for!

Yet the same elements that make SaGa games so horrifying to those whose baptism into RPG fandom was Final Fantasy are the same qualities that make the series stand out in an increasingly stagnant genre. SaGa draws equally from three diverse inspirations: other Japanese RPGs, Western role-playing concepts -- computer and otherwise -- and creator Akitoshi Kawazu's sheer cussedness. The SaGa games tend to be fairly open and flexible, and they also have a habit of not holding players by the hand: they're full of unique systems and rules that are best learned through experimentation. They're not for everyone, but I've grown to appreciate them more in recent years as other JRPGs, like the Tales franchise, grow increasingly tedious and stagnant.

In any case, all RPG fans should be excited about the prospect of a SaGa II remake: by many accounts, it's the best game in the franchise, despite its humble Game Boy origins. Certainly the game still commands a healthy price both here and abroad -- I was stunned recently to discover that a complete copy of the game costs $40-50 in Japan, where old Game Boy titles are a dime (or rather, ¥100) a dozen. And this is a far more ambitious remake than Chrono Trigger saw; the Jump scans show a full-on 3D game that looks to be running on the same tech as Final Fantasy IV for DS -- or possibly the Ring of Fates engine, given what appears to be real-time exploration in a fairly sweeping vista.

What won't be changing is the game's cool class system, which allowed players to build a party of humans (melee fighters), mutants (mages), robots (powerful but subject to unique limitations), and monsters (chimerical and unpredictable). The Jump teaser features a gorgeous piece of artwork showing off all of SaGa II's classes -- surprisingly drawn by The World Ends With You's Gen Kobayashi, although you wouldn't know it for the lack of anorexia and superfluous belt buckles on display.

While I'm growing a little weary of remade RPGs, I'm definitely excited about this one. I made a commitment to myself a while back to play through the entire SaGa series, and Final Fantasy Legend II was next on my list. I can definitely wait a little longer, as a U.S. release for a DS game that looks this good is practically assured.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8978565&publicUserId=5379721

;)

Última edição:
Andam a ficar sem ideias. Conceitos novos que é bom, nada!

Para quê?
Aparentemente o que a maior parte desta industria entende por original na DS é jogos com animais de estimação, cozinha, moda, decoração, aventuras de cariz infantil, e puzzles que não lembram ao careca.

Nestas condições prefiro que façam remakes de bons jogos, e que de vez em quando lá apareça uma pérola de originalidade.

Por acaso, com coisas como o Nanashi no Game, The World Ends With You e o Sigma Harmonics a DS é a consola que se pode menos queixar da falta de originalidade da Square-Enix (embora também seja a que recebeu mais remakes). Falta é sairem do Japão (TWEWY já saiu, e o Sigma parece estar no papo, mas o nanashi...)

Eu para mim, e embora não seja muito pro-remake já estou naquela, desde que refaçam jogos bons, já é melhor do que receber um jogo novo... e mau.

Muito bom aspecto, de facto, pergunto-me que engine estão a usar (a do FFIII/IV não me cheira, até porque a Matrix software anda muito ocupada)

EDIT: Imagens:

1232424314058.jpg
1232424295205.jpg

1232424240192.jpg

1232424279917.jpg
1232424314057.jpg

Motor do DQIX?
Agora que falas nisso... Não me parece o motor do DQIX (embora tenha algumas similaridades fortes com o motor do DQIX no Inazuma Eleven), mas parece-me o motor do DQM Joker... Claramente.

DQM:

dragonquestmonstersjokefo1.jpg
h1046170210tl6.jpg

IMO, quase de certeza, Developer=TOSE (e é de raiz, o que até promete face ao estigma tipico das ports à lá TOSE)

Para "inglês" ver? Sem data penso eu de que

Resto da notícia:

SaGa 2 begins with a kid hero saying goodbye to his father as he walks out a window. Years later the hero grows up and leaves home to search for his lost father. During his journey he discovers his Dad is more than he seems and is actually a guardian of crystals known as MAGI.

In addition to the new graphics Square Enix has one other surprise for SaGa fans. SaGa 2 Hihou Densetsu: Goddess of Destiny also has a wireless mode for 1-4 players.

“A lot of people complain that they’d prefer 2D spritework on DS, but not me,” Ishaan shares. “While 2D games are awesome, I love seeing developers push weaker hardware and the 3D on DS actually reminds me of PS1 games, which is a great nostalgic effect to experience.

The Final Fantasy Legend II remake, though, takes things in a slightly different direction by featuring an art style less inclined toward realism and more toward cel-shading. It works well and the game looks really nice, especially in motion. I’d describe it as a great halfway point between Echoes of Time and Dragon Quest IX.

Source:

Mais um?! Boa.

Estou decidido a fazer a colecção de todos os FFs da DS... Venham eles...
Isto não é um Final Fantasy... Calhou levar com a brand Final Fantasy fora do Japão para vender mais (e se a square tiver alguma dignidade desta vez não o fará)

Isto é o Saga 2, um franchise separado.

Back