PlayStation BioShock: Infinite (Irrational Games)

Soadi

Power Member
5ckl00.jpg

BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

1UP Preview

Eurogamer Preview
Eurogamer Interview Ken Levine

GameInformer - Demo Impressions
GameSpot's Video Interview With Ken Levine
Gamesutra Preview
IGN Preview
Kotaku Preview
MTV Multiplayer Preview
NowGamer Preview

23w3th.jpg

mjxiq.jpg

2jbju5l.jpg

A Message from Ken Levine

Keeping secrets is hard.

The last three years for me have been dominated by a single question: “What are you guys doing there?”

Some of you were pretty certain it was an X-COM game, which I can now safely say it is not. It is also not part of the Freedom Force, SWAT, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Kingdom Hearts or Yar’s Revenge franchises. The time for discussing what Irrational Games is NOT doing is over.

Today we announce BioShock Infinite.

That’s right, this is a BioShock game.

It’s a sequel.

But it’s also not a sequel.

Let me explain.

At Irrational Games, we believe that in order to fulfill expectations, you have to defy expectations.

When we completed the original BioShock, we felt we had said all we wanted to say with Rapture, but we weren’t done with the idea that is BioShock. BioShock is so much more than a story of a single place or a single time. We had so much more we wanted to say.

There are two core principles for us that define a BioShock game. First, it has to be set in a world that is both fantastical and yet also grounded in the human experience. Second, it has to provide gamers with a large set of tools, and then set them loose in an environment that empowers them to solve problems in their own way.

It would have been easier for us to go back to the well. We could have taken the easy route. We could have simply done more of the same, but we would not have been true to ourselves as game developers. Making the original BioShock was hard. We challenged ourselves every step of the way, and we tossed aside many elements and ideas simply because they weren’t good enough.

So when we started the sequel, we said to ourselves: “We want to expand on those core principles, but beyond that, there are no sacred cows. Everything else that people know or think they know about BioShock is open for negotiation.”

You will find yourself in a completely new world. Columbia is not an unknown secret city at the bottom of the sea. It’s a creation of an America transforming from a regional agrarian collection of states into a world power with global reach.

You now play an actual character, and not a cypher who is unaware of his own identity. You are Booker Dewitt, a particular character with an established history, with a voice you will hear as he talks to himself and others in the game.

You’ve come to Columbia for a reason: to find a mysterious young woman named Elizabeth and bring her safely out of the city. She will travel with you, interact with you, and react to the situations you cause to happen, and through your relationship with her, we’re able to tell the story of this new and amazing world.

This world of Columbia presents radical differences in scale from what you are used to. You’re not crawling through corridors on the ocean floor, claustrophobic with the weight of the ocean bearing down on you. Instead you find yourself navigating through huge environments, zipping around on Sky-Lines at eighty miles per hour and getting into firefights at ranges of two thousand yards.

In fact, there is so much new and radical about BioShock Infinite that we simply can’t tell you all about it in one revelation. What we present to the world today is merely the tip of a very large iceberg. In the coming months we’ll begin to reveal more of what BioShock Infinite is all about and let the world know why we are so excited.

For now, we want to thank you all for your patience, and for sticking with us all these many months while we labored in silence.The time for silence is over. First up for the fans of this site is another episode of Irrational Behavior with Shawn Elliott that covers the announcement of BioShock Infinite and the work that led up to it. I’m sure you’ll dig it.

Down the road a bit, actual gameplay footage awaits. It’s something you’re going to want to watch more than once. Trust me on this one.

BioShock: Infinite - Debut Trailer HD

GT Pop-Block: Debut Trailer
BioShock: Infinite Gameplay Trailer HD

BioShock: Infinite - Story and Concepts Interview
BioShock: Infinite - Starting From Scratch Interview

infinitetrailer610.jpg

BioShock: Infinite getting exclusive PSN content?

The game is slated to launch on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC during calendar 2012.
Site Oficial

Última edição:
Um spinoff de Bioshock? Nunca joguei um Bioshock, gostava de experimentar... Se um certo caramelo me emprestasse o jogo -.-

Eu gostei bastante do 1 e do 2,espero bem que não estraguem.O que mais destaco dos anteriores é a história,personagens e ambiente envolvente.E um voice acting muito bom também.No entanto gosto de ver a mudança,rapture ficou bem explorada.

Tentativa de esmiuçar e chupar a ideia da "rapture" até ao tutano.

Sou fã dos jogos Bioshock, sobretudo pela historia e pelo ambiente nela gerado, e apesar de ter gostado bastante do trailer, parece-me que o "script" continua idêntico.

Vamos lá ver onde é que isto vai parar...

Cumps

Tentativa de esmiuçar e chupar a ideia da "rapture" até ao tutano.

Sou fã dos jogos Bioshock, sobretudo pela historia e pelo ambiente nela gerado, e apesar de ter gostado bastante do trailer, parece-me que o "script" continua idêntico.

Vamos lá ver onde é que isto vai parar...

Cumps

Isto não se passa em rapture, mas sim em Columbia.

Para os menos atentos quem está ao leme disto é o Ken Levine, que trabalhou apenas no primeiro.

Pessoalmente acho que isto é que vai ser a verdadeira sequela do primeiro.

Isto não se passa em rapture, mas sim em Columbia.

Para os menos atentos quem está ao leme disto é o Ken Levine, que trabalhou apenas no primeiro.

Pessoalmente acho que isto é que vai ser a verdadeira sequela do primeiro.

Lê lá outra vez o que disse rapaz...

Fizeste quote para quê?

O que eu disse foi... que a ideia parece ser a mesma da rapture, ou seja em formula vencedora não se mexe, muda-se de "ares". E esta hein?

Eu sei bem que é Columbia...

Cumps

Última edição:
Lê lá outra vez o que disse rapaz...

Fizeste quote para quê?

Cumps

Pela mesma razão que vou fazer agora, porque não concordo com o que disseste.

O que é que te diz que a mecânica/script vai ser exactamente igual? O nome?

Sim vai ser um FPS. Vão ter plasmids com certeza. Agora há espaço para muito mais no universo do jogo, e mais uma vez é o Ken Levine à frente disto.

Última edição:
Pela mesma razão que vou fazer agora, porque não concordo com o que disseste.

O que é que te diz que a mecânica/script vai ser exactamente igual? O nome?

Sim vai ser um FPS. Vão ter plasmids com certeza. Agora há espaço para muito mais no universo do jogo, e mais uma vez é o Ken Levine à frente disto.

Nada me diz, por isso está o sempre e tão opinativo e também abstracto "parece-me", ora porque pelo que vi do trailer, o script parece o mesmo, pareceu-me ver ali parecenças com Big Daddy e com as Sister e com a Rapture, através daquela espécie de níveis/módulos.

Logo deduzo que será por ai o caminho que isto irá seguir, mas também posso estar enganado, mas á primeira vista foi isto que me pareceu.

Pela tua resposta parece que concordas comigo.

Cumps

Nada me diz, por isso está o sempre e tão opinativo e também abstracto "parece-me", ora porque pelo que vi do trailer, o script parece o mesmo, pareceu-me ver ali parecenças com Big Daddy e com as Sister e com a Rapture, através daquela espécie de níveis/módulos.

Logo deduzo que será por ai o caminho que isto irá seguir, mas também posso estar enganado, mas á primeira vista foi isto que me pareceu.

Pela tua resposta parece que concordas comigo.

Cumps

Com certeza, aliás é uma das imagens da marca do jogo.

Não concordo é com as parecenças a Rapture. Nada me diz que o mundo/estrutura/sistema de níveis vá ser o mesmo. A nível arquitéctonico sim à semelhanças, mas o jogo tem lugar em 1912, salvo erro, pode ser aqui que encontre as ditas.

O próprio Ken Levine disse que não pegou no Bioshock 2 por já ter contado o que queria contar com o primeiro, acho que isso é um bom indicador de que ele querer dar um rumo diferente ao universo do jogo.

Mas como é óbvio ainda é muito cedo para este tipo de conclusões, tanto de um lado como outro.

ainda vou a meio do 1º e o 2º so chega para a semana...ate agora estou a adorar o jogo, cenários muito bons, os dialogos tambem, a historia nao comento que ainda vou a meio.
venha este depois, ca espero...

vi agora o trailer, ate me arrepiei, compra certa, venha ele.

Última edição:
Eu mal tenho tido tempo para jogar... Mas do que já joguei do 2º estou a gostar imenso, e o 1º foi altamente. E deste, o trailer pareceu-me muito prometedor, pelo menos o conceito está engraçado.

Cumprimentos!

Back