PC Dear Esther

ExxoSoul

Folding Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

Dear Esther is an experimental adventure video game developed by thechineseroom for Microsoft Windows. First released in June 2008 as a free mod for the Source engine, the game was completely remade from 2009 to 2011 for a commercial release on Steam in 2012.

The game does not follow traditional video game conventions, as it involves minimal interaction from the player and does not require choices to be made or tasks to be completed. It instead places focus on its story, which is told through a fragmented, epistolary narrative read to the player as they explore an unnamed island in the Hebrides.

The status of Dear Esther as a video game has been contested by reviewers, but the game nonetheless received a positive critical reception following its release on February 14, 2012.

Videos

Site Oficial

Data de Lançamento: 14 - Fevereiro - 2012

Última edição:
Tem muito muito bom aspecto, a ver se isto me mata a sede de um fatal frame xD

Já agora, onde encontrar esse 2008 free Source engine mod?

Edit: já vi que está no site oficial lol é o que dá perguntar antes de abrir o site lool

Lá bom aspecto tem, mas ainda é muito cedo para falar pelo o que já vimos. Conceito interessante e fora do normal, o que é bom nos dias de hoje. Afinal de contas os géneros de jogos parece que estagnaram......

Boa noite
Sim isto parece uma obra de arte, mas agora eu pergunto como vai ser o jogo e de que se vai tratar?? Quais os objectivos?? vale a pena adquirir o jogo?? :rolleyes:

Boa noite
Sim isto parece uma obra de arte, mas agora eu pergunto como vai ser o jogo e de que se vai tratar?? Quais os objectivos?? vale a pena adquirir o jogo?? :rolleyes:
Não vejas como um jogo, mas sim como uma experiência narrativa, é porventura um dos melhores exemplos do que os videojogos podem fazer em termos narrativos sem ter que copiar o que o cinema e a literatura fazem por exemplo. É uma experiencia de cerca de 30 minutos, sem qualquer objectivo clássico, ou seja, não há combate, não há puzzles, só tens uma ilha para explorar. A narrativa é contada através do ambiente e de monólogos aleatórios do narrador. O único objectivo é interpretares a história com esses pedaços, como se dum puzzle narrativo se tratasse enquanto te emerges na atmosfera da ilha. Não é para todos, isso é certo =)

Dear Esther: The Kotaku Review

Dear Esther is a terrible video game.
Which would be a problem if Dear Esther was a video game.

In other words, this is a book. An audio book, if you will, in which your mouse and keyboard are as "gamey" as your fingers are when turning the page of a novel.

So, yeah, I didn't like this as a game. I didn't really like it as a story, either. But you know what? Who cares. There's promise here in Dear Esther's structure, if not its execution.
You've likely never played anything like Dear Esther before, something which goes against almost everything you think you know about how a "game" should be designed and played. So if you're at all interested in seeing how games could be if they put the guns down and just started talking, you should at least check it out.

Should you play this "game"? Yes!

R,P,S Review

At an hour and a half long, the $10 tag seems pretty high to me, especially for a game that has no reason to be played twice. It’s certainly a novel experience, but it’s one I think artificially limits itself, perhaps even with a hint of hubris. At my most cynical I’d suggest it’s maybe a touch infatuated with itself, to the point of forgetting how it might be approached by the new player.
Your arms are tied behind your back from the start, because dammit, listen to the story you. Is that story good enough to justify this? That’s up to you. For me, no, not quite.

IGN Review - 8/10

Dear Esther is that rarest of things: a truly interesting game. It left me feeling pensive, mildly saddened, and confident that games have plenty of directions left to explore.
If you’re interested in what can be achieved when you abandon the conventions of games and explore the fringes of the form instead, it’s a must-play.

Eurogamer Review - 8/10

Is it a game? I can't say I know the answer, but I do know that unless you're an IGF judge or a prissy dogmatist who sets out to pedantically define the boundaries of an extremely fluid medium, then you shouldn't really care.
All that matters is that Dear Esther is worth your time - and that its two-hour long chill will remain in your bones for a long while after.

PC Gamer - 8.4/10

A trip through a brilliantly conceived landscape that rewards attentive engagement with a moving story.

Última edição:
Não vejas como um jogo, mas sim como uma experiência narrativa, é porventura um dos melhores exemplos do que os videojogos podem fazer em termos narrativos sem ter que copiar o que o cinema e a literatura fazem por exemplo. É uma experiencia de cerca de 30 minutos, sem qualquer objectivo clássico, ou seja, não há combate, não há puzzles, só tens uma ilha para explorar. A narrativa é contada através do ambiente e de monólogos aleatórios do narrador. O único objectivo é interpretares a história com esses pedaços, como se dum puzzle narrativo se tratasse enquanto te emerges na atmosfera da ilha. Não é para todos, isso é certo =)

que conceito tão cool, definitely get my atention.

Última edição:
Back