Xbox Lords of the Fallen (CI Games/Deck 13/Namco)

ExxoSoul

Folding Member
1368716052-lords-of-the-fallen-x.jpg

Lords of the Fallen will be "a challenging game" - an RPG a bit like Dark Souls but for PC, PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox.

CI Games, the company behind Sniper: Ghost Warrior, is in charge, although it's a separate team doing the honours - most of the work is being done by experienced German studio Deck 13.

Promisingly, Lords of the Fallen will have been in development for two years come September. "It's a hardcore game, so we spent a lot of time prototyping it," executive producer Tomasz Gop - once the face of The Witcher 1 & 2 - told me at Polish event Digital Dragons.

The aim is to get it out at some point next year.

"It's a challenging game, action RPG, which means a lot of advanced combat," he explained. "When you walk through a location, and you have to fight 10 enemies, that takes around an hour.
"When you fight in Mortal Kombat, when you fight in Tekken, that's why it takes so long - Dark Souls is probably a strong reference as well. But we've done a lot of things differently. For example, we have a skill tree. I would call Borderlands here, because we're gonna have something like action skills in the game, so classes, stuff like this.
"I would say Dark Souls, I would say Borderlands in terms of the experience of developing your character."

Yes that means trial and error-style gaming, yes that means skill-based gaming and yes that means the game will be hard.

"Yes. Yes. Yes, yes," Gop emphatically stated on that latter point. But harder than Dark Souls? He's not sure, apparently it's a game that needs to be played to be understood. "It's one of these games that feels way better than it looks," he said, "not that it's going to look bad".

Not at all; working on a multi-platform PC and next-gen console project has been "way better" than a PC and current-gen project, he said. "It's way more comfortable." And the new machines can achieve more. "The specs are pretty much known," he said. "It's gonna have a lot of things the previous generation didn't have: all those eye-candy elements like DX11, tessellation, anti-aliasing," and at no cost to gameplay.
"I can't talk too much about the next-gen Xbox," he added, "but I don't think a lot of people [are] going to be surprised. I don't think it's going to be huge news what's inside, no - seriously."

He could talk about what 8GB of GDDR5 RAM in PS4 meant for Lords of the Fallen, though. "Way more richer detail on all of the assets," he said. "For example, I couldn't even imagine making a tessellated game on the current generation of consoles. It might even be one of the biggest gaps. And on the next ones [consoles] it's going to be standard, in my opinion. And you just can see more on the screen right now, because it's gonna fit and the memory's gonna be fast."

Counter-balancing that, however, is his first-hand experience that next-gen game development "means longer development times for really blown up games".
"Yeah," he continued, "because you not only have to produce more assets if you want to have a rich world - who doesn't? - but also these assets take more time, more money, more iterations. The assets that we're already doing for Lords of the Fallen are more expensive and take a bit longer to produce because they are better."
A next-gen game is "probably doable" with a current-gen-sized team, he reckons, "but I believe if you want to take advantage of the hardware it's going to take longer".

Increased raw power aside, it's the new features like video sharing that Gop thinks Sony and Microsoft will use to excite the public. "I really believe the breakthrough here is in the ability to record and share. If you've done something and you want to make a sort of guide out of it, you don't have to go to a forum, you can just record it and show it," he said, alluding to its potential for a "challenging" game like Lords of the Fallen.

"And this is just one tiny detail out of many of these [new features]," he added. "This is probably the thing that defines this new generation of consoles more than the hardware itself."
Gop couldn't talk about the online features of Lords of the Fallen but said the team was looking at "some of the functionality that could be called online-ish". "It's definitely going to be primarily a single-player game," though.

Right now, the Lords of the Fallen team numbers around 40. There are 30 at Deck 13 in Germany, 10 at CI Games in Poland, but the team will grow now full production is under way. -eurogamer

Screens:

Data de Lançamento:

Última edição:
Lords of the Fallen producer: achieving 1080p on Xbox One is “slightly tougher” than PS4

Lords of the Fallen executive producer Tomasz Gop has stated that Deck 13′s incoming action-RPG won’t dip below 30FPS on any format, but has stressed that achieving 1080p on Xbox One is proving slightly more problematic than on PS4.

Fonte

Com o poder infinito da cloud nem o 4k escapará... :-D

Quanto ao que realmente interessa aqui, o jogo, parece estar com bom aspecto.

Com o poder infinito da cloud nem o 4k escapará... :-D

Quanto ao que realmente interessa aqui, o jogo, parece estar com bom aspecto.

Agora a falar a serio, estou para ver se isto vai melhorar a nivel de programação na One com o passar do tempo. Como por exemplo o uso da ESRAM, e as ferramentas para os DEVS.

Quanto ao jogo parece interessante e visualmente está muito bom.

Não se falou mais nada deste jogo (também pelo que andei à procura vê-se pouca informação sobre o mesmo)...
Mas sai este mês e acho que vou comprar.

Boas comunidade! Apesar de ter comprado para PS4, queria aqui deixar a dica: Se estão minimamente interessados no jogo, façam pre-encomenda, pois têm direito à "Limited Edition" que vem logo com DLC's (armas e conteúdo mesmo).

Na ***** passou logo para em preparação (que no fundo não quer dizer nada mas enfim, talvez chege 1 ou 2 dias mais cedo que o esperado). e está barato como sempre lá.

Alguém que tenha comprado este jogo?!?!

Eu comprei e do pouco que ainda joguei tenho a dizer o seguinte...
Bons gráficos, jogabilidade mais ou menos, pelo menos no inicio para quem não está habituado... Agora tem um pormenor, o jogo é muito fu***o/difícil, é quase tudo maior que nós, lol, e os Bosses são bem lixados... (só o primeiro Vigia andei lá ás voltas que tempos para o matar).
Eu estou a gostar do jogo, mas pela dificuldade que estou a ter vai demorar bem a acabar.

Alguém que tenha comprado este jogo?!?!

Eu comprei e do pouco que ainda joguei tenho a dizer o seguinte...
Bons gráficos, jogabilidade mais ou menos, pelo menos no inicio para quem não está habituado... Agora tem um pormenor, o jogo é muito fu***o/difícil, é quase tudo maior que nós, lol, e os Bosses são bem lixados... (só o primeiro Vigia andei lá ás voltas que tempos para o matar).
Eu estou a gostar do jogo, mas pela dificuldade que estou a ter vai demorar bem a acabar.
Ainda só o instalei no PC mas nem joguei, segundo dizem é um clone (fraquinho) do Dark Souls

Ainda só o instalei no PC mas nem joguei, segundo dizem é um clone (fraquinho) do Dark Souls

Isso já não sei porque não joguei Dark Souls.
Mas este para mim está muito bom, armaduras e armas altamente, bem desenhadas, e outros gráficos também.
Para mim só deixa um pouco a "desejar" a jogabilidade, mas isso também pode ser uma questão de habito e lá mais para a frente já não achar, mas dentro do Mosteiro em sítios apertados é complicado lutar.

Mas o jogo para mim está bom e é um pouco diferente de tantos outros.

Vais adorar o Dark Souls ;-)

Eu não disse que vou comprar o Dark Souls. :)
Além que o DS é para a X360, já muito dificilmente comprarei jogos para a X360.

Aqui o Lords para derrotar os Bosses é preciso táctica, tem vários "níveis" de armadura que conforme vamos dando nele vai perdendo, é muito lixado.
Eu não sou muito fan de um jogo que se perde muito tempo no mesmo sitio a tentar e morrer muitas vezes, mas neste caso até vai indo, também estou a jogar aos poucos porque o Dragon Age está à frente e parece que nunca mais tem fim. :)

@NuKER
Falas este, penso que seja o Lords, ser mais fácil que o DS... Tens o Lords?
Se é mais fácil que o DS então nem sei, eu acho o Lords muito fu***o.

Back