Substituir router Vodafone fibra

Apenas switch que suportem igmp v3.
Acho que tenho em todos os switch, nalguns faz apenas a referência a IGMP sem indicar a versão, mas penso que seja v3 pois referem "IGMPv3 header"

Já agora o IGMP v3 aplica-se ao tráfego Internet (vlan 100) ou IPTV (vlan 105)?

Última edição:
Hello, sorry I don't speak Portuguese, I am new here just moved in Cascais in these days..
I am looking for a good internet connection with a low latency vs US. I work with the US every day, video conferencing applications, developing applications on aws , I am using also blockchain nodes, and other family members use a lot of online gaming..
After reading this forum my understanding is that Vodafone has the best latency, but on the other hand his router has the bridge mode disabled, and I need my own router and mesh wifi in the house (and avoid the double nat).

So I was looking at this solution http://asus-portugal.com/isp-config/routers-vodafone.html , and my question is:
With the current Vodafone offers is it possible use a Asus router listed at that link or I need to ask to Vodafone a specific installation ?

The new wifi 6 Asus routers have the same support for Vodafone ?

thank you!

btw, Portugal is really a beautiful country!!

To use the asus routers (or any other) you would need a separate ONT, this was possible in older installations since they would install a ONT and a separate router.
Currently they only install a all-in-one ont+router, and as you already figured out, it doesn't have bridge mode.
As an alternative if you have MEO available there, their router (fiber gateway) has the bridge mode you need.

Hello, sorry I don't speak Portuguese, I am new here just moved in Cascais in these days..
I am looking for a good internet connection with a low latency vs US. I work with the US every day, video conferencing applications, developing applications on aws , I am using also blockchain nodes, and other family members use a lot of online gaming..
After reading this forum my understanding is that Vodafone has the best latency, but on the other hand his router has the bridge mode disabled, and I need my own router and mesh wifi in the house (and avoid the double nat).

So I was looking at this solution http://asus-portugal.com/isp-config/routers-vodafone.html , and my question is:
With the current Vodafone offers is it possible use a Asus router listed at that link or I need to ask to Vodafone a specific installation ?

thank you!

Hi pierstab
To use your own router, you have to ask Vodafone one of two things, you better ask them before signing the contract.
1) An ONT separated from the router
2) On the ONT+Router integrated solution, to have a bridge port
ASUS routers function well with Vodafone Portugal, in my place I have a separated ONT and ASUS router together with Vodafone Technicolor TG784n, this solution works pretty well but I know it's not easy to get a ONT separated from the router from Vodafone
regards
PS: You could daisy chain two routers creating two different subnets, but I am not sure this answer your requirements

Última edição:

thank you!

Hi, hope you're enjoying Portugal

As far as routers go, Vodafone like all other providers will install their own router and they don't come with bridge mode. What you can do is connect the standard router with your own and disable the wifi signal in the Vodafone one. They don't really give us a chance to use our own router from the beginning, as the routers and ONTs are all-in-one

É independente da vlan.
No meu switch é perguntado a que vlan se aplica o IGMP

image.png

Obrigado for all the replies! I'll take a look at meo too.
I'll try to talk with Vodafone to get the ONT or a bridge configuration.
As someone suggested disabling their wifi and using my own router could be a choice, eventually using the vpn to avoid the double nat.

But in term of latency on the International routes there is a lot of difference between Vodafone and Meo ?

Obrigado for all the replies! I'll take a look at meo too.
I'll try to talk with Vodafone to get the ONT or a bridge configuration.
As someone suggested disabling their wifi and using my own router could be a choice, eventually using the vpn to avoid the double nat.

But in term of latency on the International routes there is a lot of difference between Vodafone and Meo ?
If you are going to use wifi as main way to access internet you can always use your router as an Access Point or even better as I sugested cascade both routers and define different subnets, this is a very easy setup, and of course in both situations you would disable wifi in Vodafone router and enable it in your router.
In this case configure Vodafone router to make your router's IP address, the DMZ.

Check this:
https://www.wikihow.com/Cascade-Routers
and
https://portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm
and this
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htm

Última edição:
This can work and should avoid the double nat,
Is it possible configure the DMZ on the Vodafone router or do I have to ask to their support to enable it ?
I think it's possible, I believe someone in this topic already mention it, however I cannot guaranty you because I do not have a smartrouter so I cannot test it.
Please ask in this topic and for sure someone will answer you.

Boas,
Para quem tem o SPA122 precisava de uma mãozinha para ver os parâmetros estão OK.
Obrigado

Update:
Já está a funcionar!

Última edição:
Após algum tempo a tentar e com ajuda do bruni lá consegui configurar o switch e a meter o gigaset A510ip a funcionar bem como o resto do equipamento.

Depois de correr meia internet e de mil tentativas finalmente consegui por o freepbx a funcionar com o VOIP da vodafone.

A quem interessar aqui ficam as configurações
OUTBOUND
type=peer
disallow=all
nat=yes
host=ims.vodafone.pt
fromdomain=ims.vodafone.pt
;outboundproxy=proxythomson.ims.vodafone.pt (atenção que a ; é mesmo de propósito e foi este pormenor que fez toda a diferença)
insecure=port,invite
qualify=250
username=+351XXXXXXXXX
fromuser=+351XXXXXXXXX
auth=+351XXXXXXXXX
secret="acesss id" (ir a acesso.vodafone.pt. Não esquecer de tirar as "")
canreinvite=yes
allow=ulaw,alaw
directmedia=yes
context=from-trunk

INBOUND

Register String : +351XXXXXXXXX:"acess id"@ims.vodafone.pt/+351XXXXXXXX

Divirtam-se

Back