3D Mark 2007 will be Vista and DX10 only

Zarolho

Power Member
In this blog, Nick Renqvist, a 3DMark developer and an enthusiastic gamer rambles about pretty much everything and the kitchen sink. And sometimes about 3DMark too. This is THE place to catch some never-seen-before shots from the past and the future.

Though we aren't really ready to spill all the beans about our next generation 3DMark, I thought to share some info about it anyway.. You could call it an "insider leak" if you'd like. ;)

First of all (and this shouldn't come as a shocker to anyone) the next generation 3DMark will be Windows Vista only, and will require DX10 compliant hardware.

You may ask: Why no fallback to DX9 then? Well, we already have a Vista enabled DX9 benchmark (3DMark06) and the last three 3DMarks have all been DX9; 3DMark03 has one test which requires SM2.0, 3DMark05 requires SM2.0 for all tests and 3DMark06 uppers the requirements for two tests to SM3.0. I think both we and the rest of the world are ready to step into the next generation - DX10. There's no reason to go backwards, if you know what I mean.

I haven't been following up on all articles about DX10 on the net, but it really is a great step in the right direction compared to DX9. I can't go into details here (our PC product director and our sales & marketing guys would hang me by my beloved ones if I did), but the whole environment surrounding DX10 feels like a fresh breath of air. It's clean, nice, and tidy. Something completely the opposite to my apartment..

We have been working really hard on new advanced volumetric effects for the next 3DMark. 3DMark06 has some nice volumetric rendering going on, and though we were very pleased with the results, we want to go into 6th gear in the next 3DMark. This (along with the other cool things we have in the pipeline) will bring the next 3DMark into an era of "cinematic rendering", as we like to call it. :)

Enough bean-spilling. Let's look at that screenie I promised in my previous entry; another "Blast From the Past" for your viewing pleasure.

Oh well, I think I'll log off now and continue another day. If you have any comments or requests, don't be shy to make your mark over at YouGamers discussion boards.
Cheers,

Nick / Futuremark

http://www.yougamers.com/blogs/nick_r/

Última edição:
Axo que deviam fazer um intermédio com 1 ou 2 testes DX_9 SM3.0, mas eles la sabem :p

So sei que na minha X1600 mobile não vai dar....

nem a minha x700 mobile.. ai tb já nao dava para o 2006...

ontopic, acho que é natural e é o mais logico. o hardware do futuro é dx10 e é esse hardware que se deve benchar e comparar.

Acho que os testes de CPU do 3DMark2006 já ganham bastante com processadores de 4 núcleos.

Para isso já tens o 2006...

Venha de lá este 3dmark!

Já o 2006 é!

sim o 2006 tens um boost com quad-core , o que eu estou a dizer é que o 2007 é 100% optimizado para quad-core e diferente , isto segundo algumas noticias:

3DMark07 To Be Fully Quad Core Optimized

We have heard that Futuremark's 3D Mark 07 will be fully Quad-Core Optimized, even in the Game Tests. Users will gain more frame rates with a Quad Core Processor even in graphics tests. Current beta version seem to indicate that there are 3 Games Tests.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4358

cumps

Última edição:
Faz mas obtens mais pontuação com um Quad-Core independentemente de ter clocks inferios aos dual-core

Ja agr encontrei esta pic no forum da Futuremark
IDF2006_IceStormFighters2.jpg

essa imagem era de um test da intel para testar quad cores em jogos/bench em termos de capacidade em jogo... nao e nenhum 3dmark 2007.. eu ja tive e testei isso no meu cpu(com o munimno de unidades e em low davame 30 fps, mas com td no maximo dava 0/1 fps :D)

Back