4.3GHz for the Ready-to-Come Deneb Chips

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.

fflipmode

Power Member
4.3GHz for the Ready-to-Come Deneb Chips

The next-generation AMD CPU will hit 4300MHz when coupled with a Scythe Mine cooler

Advanced Micro Devices seems well prepared for a powerful comeback on the microprocessor market area. The latest news on its Shanghai server chip unveiled the fact that the company is getting ready to launch a powerful and reliable chip, one that is expected to become a real competitor to Intel's server CPUs. While Shanghai will provide some nice performance boosts over AMD's current Barcelona chips, the upcoming Deneb processors are set to offer a lot of horse power as well.

According to sources on the Web, the next-generation Deneb chips are said to provide users with a great gaming device, something that can be stated about Intel's Nehalem processors, which are said to focus mainly on the server area. With a Scythe Mine cooler, AMD's Deneb processor is supposed to provide great stability at 4.3GHz frequencies. The only catch is that the chip needs the right motherboard, as it will do well only with an SB750 southbridge for starter.

The Deneb processor will easily speed 3.6GHz if it has a decent cooler, the source stated. Also, the processor is said to require lower power and emanate less heat than an equivalent Intel chip. It seems that the company will try to gain a lot of retail market to its side, while Intel will aim more at the server market.

Considering the improvements AMD made to Shanghai over Barcelona on the server area, Deneb sounds like a promising chip for sure. According to the company, Shanghai will provide 20 percent more speed, although it may be only a 15 percent boost. Nevertheless, it is a great improvement which comes with one smaller die which doesn't reiterate Barcelona's mistakes.

AMD enthusiasts have something to cheer for, as the chip is said to be in the mass production already and should hit the market soon enough. As far as news on the processor has showed, it should be a good choice for a nice gaming system that also features some of the company's latest Radeon HD graphics cards, which made a name for themselves considering the performance delivered, as well as their reliability and the fairly good prices.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/4-3GHz-for-the-Ready-to-Come-Deneb-Chips-94981.shtml

Velocidade nem sempre significa bom desempenho. Sei que não é comparável, mas um Celeron também faz 4ghz a brincar.

Vamos ver o desempenho em stock e OC. :) É preciso boa concorrência para ver se o mercado ganha mais emoção...isto anda muito parado ao nível dos processadores.

Parece-me um pouco abusado, se não mudaram radicalmente a arquitectura do cpu como é que agora atinje-se 4.3GHZ se um phenom nao chega a isso nem com L2N?

repost.

Não me admiro se alguns conseguirem chegar a tal, já se vêm phenoms acima dos 3.5GHz. Depois, quem usa amd sabe que temps sub zero até se tem ocs menores (devido ao soi)

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.
Back