A Novela continua...(HL2)

VinE o que dizes faz sentido mas não acredito que seja essa a verdade... o HL2 já tinha nome suficiente e julgo que não precisava deste tipo de publicidade para nada. O jogo ia vender mt à mesma e não me parece q esta história tenha melhorado
nada.

Enfim especulações, opiniões... falta mt tempo até abril :P

Abril ou Dezembro ou seja lá qdo for..

E a publicidade faz-se não só junto dos gamers, mas tmb junto daqueles senhores q metem a guito lá pra dentro, vulgo investidores... Que ao virem este amontoado de pessoal vêm tmb o guito q vem com eles...

Just my 2eurocents

Originally posted by VinE
Abril ou Dezembro ou seja lá qdo for..

E a publicidade faz-se não só junto dos gamers, mas tmb junto daqueles senhores q metem a guito lá pra dentro, vulgo investidores... Que ao virem este amontoado de pessoal vêm tmb o guito q vem com eles...

Just my 2eurocents

Não é publicidade.
Se é publicidade e descobre-se que é um esquema para criar hype: é crime.

Não acredito que a VALVE arrisque a uma pessada multa e o engenhocas que penso o esquema arrique uns anos na prisão.

Não faz sentido... até pq a beta ou alpha já andam por ai.

Não é, não pode ser PUBLICIDADE...

Sim, até os geeks que escrevem jogos esquecem-se das cenas mais simple... security.

Half-Life 2 Delay III:
More sources that should be in-th-know, but want to be off-the-record, piped up about HL2 and it being delayed again.

In the mean time, we still believe the game is on track to ship for the Christmas season.

Well Ho! Ho! Ho! And a bottle of rum...

http://www.hardocp.com/

Apparently Valve is close to issuing a statement about all of this – and our sources maintain that it's still going to ship in the "holiday" period – Yuletide to you and me.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11984

Última edição:
Para ajudar a festa:

I'm not sure if it's really a great idea to post this, but "Anonymous Leaker" -- the guy who is apparently responsible for releasing the slightly playable pre-Alphaish version of HL2 which is unfortunately in circulation -- has released a statement of sorts. Here's a snip:

To all those saying HL2 was delayed because of the hacking action, ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve has, nothing more and nothing less, so its pretty good to understand it wasnt finished yet.
Also I'd like to point out the E3 [demo] was one big fake by Valve. Ever tried to kill that soldier in physicstown ? Notice the door will still get kicked ? No scripted sequences ?

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no such thing as a much better release in Valves network!

To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do.

source: Driverheaven.net

Valve Continues to Leak

Well, it appears that this "Anonymous Leaker" character wasn't bluffing, because now he's apparently released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine. And he's also supposedly released an outdated build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (it's going gold Friday, see yesterday's story) and/or possibly something that deals with Counter-Strike 2. We really don't care to know the details, and we can't exactly confirm this because we refuse to download these releases ourselves. And we of course strongly suggest you don't download any of this stolen material either.

The latest release notes are pretty much devoid of any commentary from the leaker, but they do seem to call into question the existence of a complete HL2 beta. While the notes confirm a HL2 "pre-Beta" isn't currently in circulation, that doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist and won't be released later. It's hard to say.

But I think it is safe to say at this point that perhaps Valve's and Vivendi's previous statement that only "a third of the source code was stolen" was perhaps slightly innaccurate.

http://www.planethalflife.com/

Re: Valve Continues to Leak

Originally posted by Nemesis11
lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine. And he's also supposedly released an outdated build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (it's going gold Friday, see yesterday's story) and/or possibly something that deals with Counter-Strike 2.

isto parece-me bastante interessante...

axo q vou procurar umas coisas :D

CS com engine do HL2??? Definitivamente bastante interessante...

Molyneux said, "but that of course just increases the likelihood of people trying to crack your security, but that's nothing new. When we were working on Dungeon Keeper (back in mid-'90s), a team member was offered $30,000 for the source code."

Incrivel o q outras empresas estão dispostas a pagar por linhas de codigo.... e isto em 199x

sim skatan, eu sei...

Apenas disse "linhas de codigo" para generalizar,.

Como programador sei q linhas de codigo dão trabalho de fazer, e as vezes mto.

Mas na frase q postei keria falar num termo geral e fazer notar o preço que a concorrencia esta a dar pelo "nosso" trabalho...

Originally posted by Anonymous Leaker
To Valve: I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point. And you know what you got, as I do.

Élá... Que raio se passa aqui? Esta afirmação deita por terra toda e qualquer suspeita de publicidade...

Hugs.

dessas palavras eu entendi k o gajo gamou tudo k la tinham, e ele ficou surpreendido pk viu k o jogo tava mt longe de tar completo, ou seja pra mim o adiamento pro ano era inevitavel dps de ler isto, ker tenha havido leak, ker nao...

a questão que se mete agora é:

será que a falha de segurança da valve não terá sido propositada dado que o HL2 estava bastante atrasado e muito dificilmente seria lançado a tempo? até porque a valve celebrou contratos importantes (como o que celebrou c a ATI)

bem, o ppl que comprou a 9800XT vai ter que esperar até usar o voucher para ir buscar o jogo...LOLOLOL

Originally posted by nothing
... o ppl que comprou a 9800XT vai ter que esperar até usar o voucher para ir buscar o jogo...LOLOLOL
:-D :-D :-D :-D

Sim, acho que o jogo realmente está tão atrasado que passou a ser desculpa isto que se passou. Até porque se eles tivessem de reescrever todo o código (mesmo como eles dizem, sendo só uma parte), o tempo seria muito mais do que até Abril! E sendo a totalidade... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hugs.

Back