Ajuda: fan Copper Silent faz o meu XP1700 desligar-se.

ThePhoenix

Power Member
Oi, eu tenho tido um problema bué atrofiante com o meu PC, tá aki a descrição, em inglês, pq é copy-paste dum post que eu fiz num forum internacional, mas acho que dá pra perceber. Se alguem me poder ajudar agradeço :009:

Hi there! I've been having some strange power down problems with my PC recently:
I have an Athlon XP 1700 (not overclocked) on an Asus A7V8X-X and I recently installed a new fan, an Artic Copper Silent. But after that my PC got really unstable, it would power down several times.
When it powered down all fans and CPU were shutdown but the power LED was still on. I had to hold the power button down for 5 sec, and then press it again to turn the PC back on. I instaled Asus Probe and found out that *apparently* the CPU was overheating (AProbe went up to 70º CPU temp) and the mobo was shutting down to protect it (maybe it was Asus C.O.P.?) I actually had to underclock the FSB from 133Mhz to 123Mhz to get the system stable (but still not completely stable, it still powered-down sometimes on CPU intesive apps).
I tried reinstalling the Copper Silent fan (BTW: the HS compound I used is the artic cooling Silicone compound) or even my previous copper stock fan, but to no use. With my previous fan I can run the system at its normal FSB, but it still crashes/shutdowns sometimes.
It gets more weird:
I checked this forum and red that Asus Probe had not very accurate CPU temp readings, usally under the real CPU diode temp, so i installed Sysoft Sandra and Motherboard Monitor 5 to better diagnose the problem... turn outs MBM and Sandra have lower CPU temp readings that AsusProbe! Currently i have my previous stock fan, case closed and when i run a Sandra CPU Burn in Test, Asus Probe reads: CPU 60º, MB: 34º ; Sandra reads: CPU 52º, MB: 34º.
When I try running the Burn in Test with my Copper Silent fan, the PC powersdown after a few seconds with Sandra reading a 55º CPU temp, hardly too high to shutdown.

And it gets even weirder: I've just noticed a third temp sensor on Sandra, the Power / AUx Temperature, and it reads 86º!!! It certainly is very high, but I don't actually feel anything too hot(like the heatsink, MB) when i open the case. Is this related to the problem? What and where the hell is this sensor? Any ideas about all of this problems? Maybe i have a busted sensor?

Originally posted by NeoToPower
isso de certeza ñ está a fazer bom contacto com o core.
Eu verifiquei a instalção do heatsink várias vezes, acho que tá ok.
De qualquer maneira depois destas andanças a minha motherboard detecta agora o processador como um Athlon MP 1700... um processador que nem existe penso eu. Vou ver se arranjo um CPU de um colega para experimentar na minha mobo, e vice-versa.

Eu tmb tenho essa board, e tmb me aparece um MP no boot, agora essas temps nem pensar... Esse 1700 é um palomino por acaso?

Back