ATI decide aumentar velocidade da Radeon X800XT

MDK

Power Member
5011.jpg
Depois de analisar os nºs da Geforce 6800 Ultra em vários sites online a ATI resolveu aumentar os clocks da sua top of the line baseada no R420. A placa agora terá, segundo o TheInquirer, clock de 525MHz. O theinquirer diz que fontes revelaram que a X800XT perde no 3dmark 2003, mas ganha em outros jogos. O site crer que a ATI não pode ir mais longe já o limite da arquitetura 0.13 µm seria, teoricamente, 600MHz.

quote:

ATI DECIDED TO INCREASE the frequency of its soon to be released X800XT cards that will be presented in just a few days, on May the fourth.
The card is now clocked at 525MHz and I am sure that ATI will claim that its yields are good and that's why it's done it, but actually it learned the Nvidia numbers from online reviews and decided to increase the frequency a little bit more just to match Nvidia's Geforce 6800 Ultra threat.

Knowledgeable friends tell us that Nvidia wins 3dmark 2003 and loses but in most of the other game test ATI wins over Nvidia. Still, bear in mind that ATI is only marginally faster when it's faster and we are not talking about quantum leaps here. Whoever wins in the game tests, whether it's Nvidia or ATI, wins by a small margin.

I am sure that ATI will promote how games are important now that Nvidia ironically, not to say Sardiniacally, embraced 3dmark03 as its most adorable friend.

ATI played a nasty game from the start as it wanted to see how NV40 look and feels before it decided to release its new card that will top the Radeon 9800XT card that is still the fastest currently shipping. I guess that the Canadians knew all a long how fast it could clock the card to match Geforce 6800 Ultra performance and that’s exactly what it did.

Isn’t it an irony that the Nvidia card is clocked lower and ATI card clocked faster? We all know that in the past Radeon was at least matching Nvidia's performance on much lower speeds, if we talk about the high end market of course.

Nvidia still has some faster NV40 ultra chips at least 2000, we heard and they can be clocked up to 475MHz. I don’t know for sure but I would suspect that NV45, Nvidia PCI Express card will end up with those chips. Otherwise we might end up with Geforce 6800 Ultra 2 or a simple scenario where the reference cards end up lower clocked than the retail ones. This has never happened before but there is a first time for everything.

We are sure that ATI cannot go much further than 525MHz as 600MHz is the theoretical limit of 0.13 µm marchitecture.

The graphics war continues, without a lull, it appears. µ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fonte:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15617

Para eles aumentarem já a velocidade das duas uma: o a placa esta mesmo ela por ela com a Nvidia ou o inquirer é mt mentiroso. :009:

Já tinha feito o post desta "noticia" na thread da "ATI will beat ..." :D
O ppl tem lá uns comentarios acerca disto. Até era bom que houvesse equilibrio.

Back