ATi's take on Physics

DJ_PAPA

Power Member
Ja agora aqui fica, as ultimas novidades daquilo do que a ATI é capaz na área das Fisicas:

shapes.jpg

Benchmarks:
perfgraph.jpg

Final Thoughts
Over the past two weeks I have gone from a very limited knowledge of gaming physics coding and technology to having more information in my head than I ever thought possible. While the solutions from all three of the current physics news-makers differ quite a bit, AGEIA, NVIDIA and ATI are at least talking about physics which is good for our industry and gaming in general. As gaming physics becomes more prominent, users will see the advantages of physics acceleration and force game developers and hardware vendors to innovate for the benefit of everyone.

ATI feels that their solution is more than capable of competing with AGEIA, should the physics coding and API work be done to the necessary level They are going to start providing the tools necessary to do it, though they do have a lot of work to do if they want to catch AGEIA in that department.

If you haven’t read up on all the physics information here at PC Perspective, I highly recommend you check out our two articles on AGEIA’s PhysX technology and our look at NVIDIA and Havok FX’s partnership in physics acceleration.

Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best prices on the ATI X1900 XTX, and anything else you may want to buy!

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=226&type=expert&pid=1

pcper disse:
An even better solution, for the user and for ATI, is that you have two ATI GPUs that can split the rendering and physics calculations between the two different cards. What is most impressive to me is that ATI has assured me that these two cards do not have to run in CrossFire mode, and thus they do not have to be the same GPU.

Faz muito mais sentido do que no SLI, se pudermos usar por exemplo uma X1600 baratuxa para "desenrascar".
Eles dizem que a nVidia está a caminho de fazer o mesmo.

Opinião:
A ATi acha que o hardware deles faz frente às PhysX?
Eu sinceramente espero que não. Espero bem que a AGEIA saia vitoriosa desta "guerra" porque de monopólio entre ATi e nVidia e preços a subir já estamos nós todos fartos.

Espero que a AGEIA ganhe este primeiro round e obrigue a nVidia e a ATi a contra-atacar com hardware melhor e mais barato.. senão é mais um passo para termos que gastar ainda mais dinheiro para gráficas do que gastariamos num conjunto gpu+ppu.. ("ah e tal estas placas são mais caras mas é preciso ver que isto é gpu e ppu ao mesmo tempo" - yeah right :rolleyes:)

Última edição:
Sinceramente não vejo estas soluções da Nvidia e ATi a fazerem frente à AGEIA, mais que não seja pelo preço. Concerteza que para estas soluções serem competitivas, vão ter de ser com placas de média ou baixa gama, só que não sei até que ponto será suficiente o poder de processamento desses GPU's em comparação ao chip da AGEIA.

Por outro lado para mim tambem faz mais sentido que uma placa exclusivamente para fisica esteja numa slot PCI normal ou PCI-Ex 1x. A quantidade de informação que vai passar entre a placa e o cpu são minimos quando comparados com uma gráfica por exemplo, e daí não ser necessária uma grande largura de banda, pelo menos nestes primeiros passos. Penso que seja um desperdicio usar uma slot PCI-Ex 16x para este efeito.

Não vão fazer frente, duvido.....muito pessoal prefere ter tudo numa só placa, que andar a comprar duas.

Além disso deve ficar mais barato colocar tudo numa só placa.

Vamos esperar pois isto vai dar que falar:002:

Back