Multiplataforma Balan Wonderworld (Balan Company/ Square Enix)

Jack-O-Lantern

Moderador
Staff
Balan Wonderworld

Lançamento: 2021

Plataformas: Xbox One; Xbox Series X; PS4; Ps5; PC; Switch

Edn1ZcPXgAE-C3W

Trailer:

Parece interessante e visualmente parece estar dentro do que esta e a próxima geração vai exigir, mas o nome é horrível. Tornar isto um jogo de massas com este nome... Minha nossa senhora.

Vai ser lançada uma demo no dia 28 de Janeiro. Inclui 3 dos 12 mundos do jogo final.

World 1 – The Man Who Rages Against the Storm
Playable Areas: Act 1, Act 2, Boss Battle

World 4 – The Boy Who Would be One with the Wind
Playable Areas: Act 1

World 6 – The Girl and the Kitten
Playable Areas: Act 1

Algumas impressões iniciais não são muito favoráveis:

But I don’t think Balan Wonderworld is going to be able to stand out, especially when we’ve been getting so many good 3D platformers lately. Compared to, say, Crash Bandicoot 4, Balan Underworld feels like a sloppy experience. Character animations are stiff, levels lack detail, and the action feels slow. In some ways, it is like a Saturn game brought into the modern era.

Turns out, that’s not a good thing!

https://venturebeat.com/2021/01/27/...t-so-wonderful/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Balan Wonderworld Creator Yuji Naka Filed a Lawsuit Against Square Enix to Have His Director Credit Removed

Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka has revealed that he filed a lawsuit against Square Enix to have his name removed as director of 2021 platformer, Balan Wonderworld. Released last March to an almost universal critical panning, Balan Wonderworld offered a colourful adventure with some neat ideas, but was ultimately a dull and confused mess.

As per a lengthy Twitter thread published by Naka, it sounds like the game's development was somewhat troubled, and, as director, he had grander plans to deliver an action game in “proper form”. Naka recounts how roughly six months before the release of Balan Wonderworld, he brought a lawsuit against Square Enix to be removed as director, which has since been resolved.

Naka notes that staff working on the game did “their best”, although a tight schedule meant that their efforts were ultimately hampered. “However, it doesn't matter because the schedule is decided by the producer, not me, and the tight schedule is decided by the producer,” he lamented. “Something is wrong, isn't it?”

He went on to apologise for the state of the final product, although, it sounds like he wasn't routinely consulted or as involved in development as he should have been. Moreover, Naka would have liked more time to polish the game, and release it in a much better state. “I'm really sorry for the customers who bought the unfinished Balan Wonderworld,” he said.

“Personally, I'm really sorry that I released the unfinished work ‘Balan Wonderworld’ to the world,” he added. “I wanted to think about various things and put it out in a proper form as an action game. I think Square Enix and [developer] Arzest are companies that don't care about games and game fans.”

Yuji Naka is no longer with Square Enix, having left the company in June 2021.

Back