Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (RPG, Project Exile)

EagleEye, a Amazon envia?

Crrash, qual a diferença entre o RPG Maker e o Unreal Engine? ;) (sim... há... mas acho que percebes o que quero dizer).

Coloquei porque foi os únicos sítios onde encontrei (e porque penso que,se for comprado a um vendedor, é possivel ser enviado). Segundo uns comentários, também seria suposto haver um vendedor oficial do jogo no eBay mas não encontrei :/

Alguem sabe quando é que esta obra de arte chega às lojas portugas?

Não me apetecia estar a encomendar, prefiro comprar numa loja,... ou na feira da ladra!

Cumps!

\w/

1up Hands-on Preview (acabou por ser retirado... embargos wtf?? este jogo vai passar muito despercebido se nem deixa publicar coisas :'()

The Coming RPG Storm: Black Sigil - Blade of the Exile
by Jeremy Parish | Jan 29, 2009 10:06AM PST

Do you like Chrono Trigger? I mean, really like Chrono Trigger? So much that you spend all your time thinking about how much you'd like to make another game just like it? Well, friend, I have good news: you have something in common with the guys at Studio Archcraft, the creators of Black Sigil: Blade of the Exile.

Black Sigil is a game that's been in the works for years, having begun life as a pipe-dream Game Boy Advance release that was then retooled into a DS game. I say "pipe dream" because the first impression it gave back then was of one of those well-intended but ultimately doomed projects created by sincere fans of classics RPGs, a game without the slightest hope that any publisher in the world to take a chance on releasing something so archaic. Black Sigil would have looked perfectly at home on the Super NES 15 years ago -- a real long shot. But wonder of wonders: Graffiti Entertainment is actually taking a chance on Archcraft's creation and will be releasing it next month.

Alas, that's terrible timing for such an obscure release from a publisher without the budget to properly promote its releases; the game seems almost doomed to be lost amidst much higher-profile RPG releases. That's a shame, because while Black Sigil isn't exactly the most original or ambitious RPG you'll see, it definitely hits a sweet spot of nostalgia for anyone who grew up playing 16-bit RPGs. Like I said, this game was made by people who obviously loved Chrono Trigger; early clips of Black Sigil in action practically looked as though the whole thing had been cobbled together from sprites and backgrounds ripped straight from Square's RPG epic. Fortunately, the final product isn't quite so blatant, but the inspiration is undeniable: characters move like they just escaped from Secret of Mana, backgrounds are strongly reminiscent of Final Fantasy VI, and the combat system definitely uses Chrono Trigger as its template.

It's hard to fault Studio Archcraft, though. Plenty of gamers look back on the SNES era as a golden age of RPGs, so it makes sense that someone would seek to recreate whatever it was that made those games so endearing. I'm only a couple of hours into the quest, so I can't even hazard as a guess as to whether the creators were successful in their efforts, but certainly they're off to a good start. Black Sigil really does feel like a lost Square RPG, albeit one that's slightly rough around the edges. The story is slightly darker than you'd expect from a game aping this particular vintage of RPG: it follows a young man named Kairu, an aspiring knight who finds himself as the local pariah due to his complete lack of magical capability. Turns out the last human to lack innate magic was a cruel warlord named Vai who sought to conquer the world and would have succeeded if not for the valiant efforts of Kairu's adoptive father. Eager to prove himself, Kairu sets out in search of a cure for his inability to wield magic, and the story begins.

The Chrono connection becomes especially obvious once you enter battle. Combat consists of a three-character party with the ability to link up for combination moves using skills and attacks that depend on the player's physical positioning on the battlefield. New here is the ability to manually adjust your location in combat; holding down the L button while selecting your next action will allow you to run briefly to approach a foe -- a necessity here, since combatants have to be within a certain range to execute a standard melee attack. This adds a touch of strategy to battles, but can also be annoying when you're fighting in an area with narrow paths and waste a turn standing inactively because the AI has caused your allies to accidentally block the only route between you and your target.

Some of the specifics of the battle system take a bit of getting used to. Your characters are pretty slow to level up, and better gear is fairly expensive given the paltry money that most foes drop. Magic and special attacks tend to be costly as well, although the upshot is that your mana points regenerate slowly outside of combat. Another interesting touch is that you have to manually set your active combination attacks for each party member, limiting the number of skills you have available at a given time and forcing you to determine which will be most effective.

In short, Black Sigil seems to be an effective impersonation of a classic 16-bit RPG -- faithful to the spirit of the era, but with a few unique touches that make it more than just a slavish imitation. Of all the RPGs slated to arrive next month, it's probably the most unknown. But I suspect that anyone who pines for the good ol' days before Final Fantasy went all 3D will be instantly smitten with this under-the-radar adventure. You cranky old-timers should keep an eye open for it.

Ele que venha para eu desvendar a história e me viciar no combate destes jogos!! Simples mas eficaz (apesar da novo carregar botão -> corre -> aproxima). Pena serem tão poucas as opiniões espero que acabem com as mariquisses e deixem as pessoas publicar as críticas.

Boxart (back):
61ntlbumxflss400xv0c.jpg

Última edição:
Simplesmente fantástico!!! Esses vídeos e esses trailers mostram muito potencial :)
Vai ser como um Chrono Trigger, só o largo quando o acabar e fazer tudo o que tiver de ser feito.

Fico é triste ao ver essas imagens e tudo já a 999... é mesmo para lixarem um gajo :D
Thumbs up! para a variedade dos cenários ;)

A sig do Eagle chamou-me à atenção para este... parece estar aqui um belo jogo. Gosto imenso do estilo visual, e como já aqui foi dito n vezes, faz lembrar o Chrono Trigger. Só espero que consiga estar a esse nível no global.

Neste momento só têm que lançar o jogo para ele me chegar às mãos e eu dizer-te se está ou não ao nível. Não me importo que me usem como tester :D

Sinceramente, esperar uma qualidade geral deste projecto semelhante à do Chrono Trigger é, a meu ver, pedir demais para o projecto em questão. Não ficarei de forma alguma desiludido se não chegar lá. No entanto, pode ser que me surpreenda.

Sinceramente, esperar uma qualidade geral deste projecto semelhante à do Chrono Trigger é, a meu ver, pedir demais para o projecto em questão. Não ficarei de forma alguma desiludido se não chegar lá. No entanto, pode ser que me surpreenda.

Também não me parece que seja o caso, comparar ao Chrono é praticamente Overkill. Mas lá que tem potencial na história tem, até porque pelo que se viu parece ter mais interesse inicial e quem sabe pode marcar neste capitulo. As lutas e golpes estão mesmo ao meu feitio (Chrono alike ou não), a verdade é que assnetam que nem uma luva com a música de fundo :)

Infelizmente, vamos ter de aguardar mais alguns dias (ainda bem para mim pois tenho tempo de acabar outras coisas :007:). A data oficial e sem mais adiamentos é 14 de Abril de 2009!

Gamespot:

Visually, Black Sigil is what you would expect from the days of 2D RPGs. The environments don't have a lot to them, which makes locating treasure chests and other goodies fairly easy. It works for this type of game, though, because it doesn't require upscale visuals to get its point across. The towns can look a bit similar, but once you get out into the real world, there will be a variety of places to explore. The music also brings back fond memories of midi soundtracks. Black Sigil's sound isn't that archaic, and many of the tunes are incredibly catchy and will easily loop in your head after you play.

It's comforting to know that this style of RPG can still hold its own when there are so many next-generation options out there. While the stylus option is there, it just feels more natural using the the D pad. There will always be players who enjoy a traditional, old-fashioned RPG with a solid story and without all of the bells and whistles. Black Sigil has been in the works for a while now, but it looks like it's coming along nicely. Check back for more details when the game is released on April 14.

RPGamer:

After that battle, I was free to roam around the large mansion. There were lots of rooms to visit, hidden items to find, and NPCs to talk to, so I took my time exploring the whole place. It was then that I got my first flashback of nostalgia from the SNES days of RPGaming. I felt like I was playing Final Fantasy IV all over again, from the graphical style to the soundtrack to the exploration; it all felt retro and I loved it. The 2D graphics are much sharper in towns and dungeons than the screenshots reveal, though the overworld is about the same as Final Fantasy IV as it lacks the Mode 7 rotation. The artwork was very solid as well. The sound quality of the music leaves a little to be desired, but I was highly impressed by what I was able to hear of Jan Morgenstern's soundtrack. The tracks are very memorable and stayed with me after turning the game off, something fewer and fewer DS RPGs have done over the last little while. The DS just doesn't do it justice.

Cheat Code Central:

By all appearances, the fact Black Sigil was originally slated for GBA release is readily apparent in every aspect the game's presentation. The 2D artistic style is tight yet dated, and everything about the gameplay itself smacks of old-school RPGs. But as anyone who's been a video game enthusiast for a lengthy stretch of time will tell you, "old" doesn't necessarily mean "bad." After some hands-on time with the game, it's clear that Black Sigil will hold players in its grips for some time. RPG fans have a reason to be excited.

(...)

On their own, the individual components of Black Sigil may not dazzle, but taken as a whole, this game is shaping up to be a substantial offering for serious RPG gamers to watch out for. Had it been released in the GBA's heyday, the game might have been filed under must-have. With flashier gaming fare and newer concepts pushing the DS upward and forward, Black Sigil may have some trouble standing out among a broader audience. Still, a compelling story and solid RPG trappings are what will shine through in the end, even if innovation and accessibility aren't particularly high. Look for this unreleased GBA port to hit store shelves in finished form next month.

Preview GamesRadar:

Creating role-playing games can be a labor of love (not that it can’t be a labor of money either): creating a storyline, a world, and the people, creatures and items that exist and interact in that world is no mean feat. And when it comes to the upcoming RPG for the DS, Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled, you can tell that a lot of love went into crafting this one.

The RPG feels like a Super Nintendo port right out of the ‘90s, but in a good way. Two-dimensional sprites represent a colorful cast of characters who travel a world map with a variety of kingdoms, towns and dungeons to explore. There’s magic, monsters and boss fights aplenty, and even airships.
You start out in Bel Lenora, a world where being able to use magic is the norm, and where the non-magical are hated. It’s reverse discrimination, and unfortunately, you play the discriminated, a knight-in-training named Kairu, who is as magic-less as he is brooding.

Following genre conventions, Kairu begins on a simple quest: visit yonder neighborhood temple and find out if the local spirits will grant him a shot of magic juice so he can just be like everyone else. From there the story takes a number of twists and turns, with revelations along the journey to keep you in suspense. Coupled with interesting playable characters and snappy dialog, and you’ve got a modest, yet enjoyable epic in the making.

One area in which Black Sigil differs from other games of its kind is the battle system. Fights are turn-based, as in many other RPGs, but you also need to position your characters strategically on the screen by moving them around. Location, location, location - realtors know this, and soon you will too. The position-based aspect of battles adds a new spin to a well-worn system, but the actual practice may lead to some frustration. Some battle screens have limited navigability, which can leave some party members twiddling their thumbs for lack of a monster to reach and hack at.

Skills and magic are also position-based, and are relatively straightforward. A nice touch is the addition of powerful multiple-character attacks, a shout-out to the venerable Chrono Trigger series.

Built on a bedrock of good design and programming, Black Sigil looks like it will be a solid addition to the DS library. Promising 40-50 hours of gameplay, this is a traditional-form RPG that genre fans and those with a taste for adventure will want to check out.
Fonte: http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/black-.../a-20090225161744298033/g-2009021117333353099

Este jogo merecia ser comprado 2 vezes! :002: Saber que tem uma airship é um + no meu livro, juntamente pelo que parece ser uma história menos directa e mais complexa do que os habituais cliches, mas isto já se sabia antes! :D

As towns por aquelas que já vi não vão desapontar, e parecem-me bastante caracterizadas, portanto a ver vamos. A música nem comento porque é das melhores que já ouvi.

(Baten Kaitos Origins... rocks! Finalmente chegou! yupiii!!)

Back