Chris' Most Anticipated Games of 2008 [IGN]

.:SP:.

What is folding?
Chris' Most Anticipated Games of 2008

10) Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots
Genre: Action
Developer: Kojima Productions
Publisher: Konami
Why?: I may not be one of those rabid, die-hard fans of the franchise like a number of our readers, but the game is simply way too big to be ignored. My eyes have been glued to every trailer and I'm really interested to see what Kojima Productions can do with the PS3 hardware. If nothing else, it'll serve as a visual showpiece for realtime cinematics on the system, and that should be enough to keep me glued to the couch. </B>​

9) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Genre: Racing
Developer: Polyphony Digital
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Why?: This would probably be #1 on my list were it the full Gran Turismo 5 experience, which I'm still hoping will somehow hit this year. But if I need to be tied over with Prologue, then so be it. I've already played a fair bit of the Japanese version, but I can't wait to finally be able to read the menus. Polyphony has once again delivered a near-perfect driving experience, and it never gets old. And there's always the possibility that there will be a few extra tweaks thrown in… </B>​

8) Guitar Hero IV
Genre: Music
Developer: TBA
Publisher: Activision Blizzard
Why?: We know nothing about the fourth game in the series aside from the fact that it's coming, and that's enough for me. Everyone knows I'm a huge fan of the franchise, and I can't wait to see what the next one will bring to the table. With Rock Band having earned such a huge following, Neversoft (or whoever handles it) will be forced to really advance the game, and I can't wait to see how.​

Rock on. </B>​

7) Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Developer: Pandemic Studios
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Why?: The first Mercenaries game was an extremely fun action title, one that basically took some of the best parts of GTA and gave you a killer arsenal in your pocket. The sequel looks absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to see what Pandemic can do on the PS3. If there's more to the game then mindlessly blowing stuff up, I'll be even happier than I expect to be. Besides, who can ever get enough of gratuitous amounts of explosions and fire? </B>​

6) Resistance 2
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Developer: Insomniac Games
Why?: The first Resistance was the defining game for the PlayStation 3 for some time, offering up a fantastic single-player campaign and a killer online system, which has arguably yet to be matched on the system. Insomniac's promises for the sequel are extremely high, but the studio has delivered every time out, so I'm expecting them to nail it again.​

Viva la Resistance! </B>​

5) Fallout 3
Genre: RPG
Developer: Bethesda Softworks
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Why?: While I'm not a fan of traditional RPGs, I'm a sucker for the works of Bioware and Bethesda. Fallout 3 looks to bring the humor, style and mechanics of the classic PC franchise to the current crop of gamers, and it should be a killer experience. I've seen the same demo twice now, and despite knowing exactly what was going to happen, I was still glued to my seat the second time through. This can't come soon enough. </B>​

4) God of War: Chains of Olympus
Developer: Ready at Dawn Studios
Why?: The first two God of War games are unquestionably my favorite action games of all time, and Ready at Dawn's first title, Daxter, was a breakthrough title for the PSP. So given that the fantastic setting, controls and design of the console games have been put in the very capable hands of Ready at Dawn, I'm already sold. If they can bring the massive set pieces and boss battles to the handheld, they'll have an instant classic on their hands. </B>​

3) Killzone 2
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Developer: Guerilla Games/SCEE
Why?: While some of the design elements and intense shootouts look like great fun, I'm more interested in this for the technical aspects to see what the PlayStation 3 can really do. The lighting effects and animation quality look absolutely amazing, and if it takes off like we expect it to, the game should raise the visual bar across the system. Let's just hope the gameplay is as strong as the graphics, and that Guerilla can deliver a great online experience to boot. </B>​

2) LittleBigPlanet
Developer: Media Molecule
Why?: I love creativity, and LittleBigPlanet looks to open the door for the most creative content we've ever seen. Though I'm sure something besides the toolset will ship with the game, it's the user-created content that will really give life to the title, and after having followed PC mods and such for years and years now, I know that we're going to see some completely unexpected and fascinating wild stuff hit our hard drives. </B>

1) Grand Theft Auto IV
Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Why?: I'm supposed to fill this space with a bunch of text, but what's the point?​

It's Grand Theft Auto IV.​

On the PlayStation 3.​

Does anything else really need to be said? </B>​

nao concordo com a ordem. e o final fantasy, n é para este ano?
é capaz de ser só daqui a um ano...

A lista para mim era..

1. GT5
2. MGS
3. GTA IV
4. God Of War
5. LBP
6. Killzone/ Resistence 2 [o que tiver melhor]

Mas o God of War sai ainda este ano??

Acho que mesmo que saia só compro se o GT5 não sair este ano..
É que vai ser Gt5 Prologue, um joguito ou outro da PSN dos antigos, MGS, GTA IV e GT5 + volante g25.. já é muito investimento, e o próprio GT5 vai ser horas e horas a completar...
Por isso GoW 3 este ano só se o gt não sair..

Se os jogos fossem a 50 eurosl.. GT5+GTAIV+MGS= 150€ que somado ao prologue + 2 joguitos antigos da PSN dá uns 200€.. E somando a isto o G25..
metendo os jogos completos a 70€.. Soma mais 60€.. O que dava para mais outro jogo..

Eu sou contra a pirataria e fazê-la é roubar o trabalho dos outros...E é proibido no forum falar dela..Mas fazendo contas percebe-se porque existe tanta..
Embora eu sou sempre da opinião que..quem não tem dinheiro não tem vicios.. E por isso é que o God of war vai ter que esperar..

2) LittleBigPlanet
Developer: Media Molecule
Why?: I love creativity, and LittleBigPlanet looks to open the door for the most creative content we've ever seen. Though I'm sure something besides the toolset will ship with the game, it's the user-created content that will really give life to the title, and after having followed PC mods and such for years and years now, I know that we're going to see some completely unexpected and fascinating wild stuff hit our hard drives. </B>

Eis o único jogo que me fará comprar uma PS3 (sem contar com o facto de a PS3 ter BD)

Petas' Most Anticipated Games of 2008

5) Fallout 3

4) Killzone 2

3) Resistance 2
2) Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots

1) Grand Theft Auto IV

Esperando GTA :boredo:

Back