Notícia Coreanos com 1Gbps de download em 2012

Jeronimo

Membro
While in Korea download a 120-minute film in just 12 seconds!
While we're all celebrating Charter's 60Mbps broadband access here in the US, the Korea Communications Commission is spending $24 billion to secure 1Gbps access by 2012. 1Gbps allows you to download a 120-minute film in 12 seconds.
There's one small catch to the commission's plan, which is that only large cities in Korea will have access to the top tier broadband. But surrounding smaller areas will still have access to 50 to 100 Mbps speeds...or about 10 to 20 times the speed of what I get in my DSL-only apartment building.
In the words of Matt Buchanan, "That and bibimbap? Man I hate Korea."
Korea is to acquire the world's fastest wired and wireless Internet service at 10 times the speed of the current service by 2012. The government and the communications industry plan to invest some W34 trillion over the next five years in the project. The Korea Communications Commission finalized plans for Internet services at an average speed of 1 Gbps through fixed lines and 10 Mbps through wireless. One Gbps allows users to download a 120-minute film in just 12 seconds. The aim is to give users seamless access to large-capacity, high-quality convergence services such as IPTV. Although the super-speed internet will be available mainly in large cities, fixed-line subscribers in smaller towns in Korea will also have access to 50 to 100 Mbps Internet service allowing them to watch IPTV programs without a hitch.
Fonte: http://www.fareastgizmos.com/comput...nload_a_120minute_film_in_just_12_seconds.php

Sim ,Sim e aonde os guardam em discos ram?
As ideias são muito bonitas pena é que se esquecem do resto que se foquem todos nos discos ao invés de velocidades exorbitantes de internet que o que existe chega perfeitamente...

ainda me lembro do tempo em que se navegava nos modens a 56kps e quando chegou a adsl de 512kps foi uma revolução, no entanto hoje em dia 512kps não é nada e não dá resposta ás necessidades de muitos dos utilizadores em casa!

Sim ,Sim e aonde os guardam em discos ram?
As ideias são muito bonitas pena é que se esquecem do resto que se foquem todos nos discos ao invés de velocidades exorbitantes de internet que o que existe chega perfeitamente...

A ideia é usar vários serviços que requerem altas larguras de banda.

Back