Fonte Corsair HX 750w & 850w

epah, eu sinto me a ficar completamente desactualizado loool...
as fontes podem suportar ou nao sli?
eu termos de consumo/qualidade/barulho da ventoinha, qual sera a fonte mais aconselhada?

Já estão a venda em Portugal :cool:

Uma pergunta, esta fonte suporta SLI ou Cross Fire?

Cumprimentos

Qualquer um deles, desde que a fonte tenha os conectores para as gráficas em questão e a potência certa é indiferente, a fonte só tem de se preocupar em alimentar gráficas, não lhe interessa como estão ligadas e se são diferentes.

o que importa é a qualidade da fonte, se diz SLI certified ou não também não importa

qualquer fonte da corsair a partir da HX-520 é mais que suficiente pra qualquer PC comum, com bom hardware e mesmo SLI

por acaso até importa. Se tiver o autocolante/certificação SLI é porque suporta, já o contrario não é sempre verdade :P. Se a fonte SLI "arrear" com dual card a garantia deve cobrir, acho eu

por acaso até importa. Se tiver o autocolante/certificação SLI é porque suporta, já o contrario não é sempre verdade :P. Se a fonte SLI "arrear" com dual card a garantia deve cobrir, acho eu

Diz SLI certified, mas não diz para que placas. Uma fonte aguentar com um SLI de 9600GT é bem diferente de aguentar um SLI de GTX285.

Diz SLI certified, mas não diz para que placas. Uma fonte aguentar com um SLI de 9600GT é bem diferente de aguentar um SLI de GTX285.

Uma fonte dizer SLI ou Crossfire é mais para marketing que outra coisa, fica sempre bem e dá a sensação ao consumidor de uma fonte robusta.

Na prática isso não interessa para nada, veja-se o caso da NOX Urano 600W, também tem designação SLI e é a fonte que é.

O que interessa é a potência da fonte, se aguenta com SLI ou não, o resto é só para ficar bem na fotografia.

Uma fonte dizer SLI ou Crossfire é mais para marketing que outra coisa, fica sempre bem e dá a sensação ao consumidor de uma fonte robusta.

Na prática isso não interessa para nada, veja-se o caso da NOX Urano 600W, também tem designação SLI e é a fonte que é.

O que interessa é a potência da fonte, se aguenta com SLI ou não, o resto é só para ficar bem na fotografia.

Não é a mesma coisa. As NOX colocam coisas parecidas com as certificações oficiais. É como as camisas da feira que dizem Nyke.

As Nox dizem "Ready for SLI" e "80% Energy efficiency":

imgp00241.jpg

Mas as fontes certificadas o que dizem é "80 Plus (/Silver/Gold)" e "Nvidia SLI ready):

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF1320.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Corsair HX750W and HX850W Bag Elusive 80 Plus Gold Efficiency Rating

Corsair's recently announced HX750W and HX850W modular power supply units have bagged the elusive 80 Plus Gold efficiency rating, a title enjoyed only by a few high-end enterprise-grade PSUs. To qualify for this rating, a PSU must provide an output efficiency of at least 87% at 20% load, 90% at 50% load, and 87% at 100% load. At these levels of load, the efficiency of HX750W was measured 88.04%, 90.02%, and 87.04% respectively, while those of the HX850W were 89.14%, 90.38%, and 87.06%. These are Corsair's first PSUs to get the 80 Plus Gold rating, above the 80 Plus Silver which were expected of them, when the two were announced.
(http://www.techpowerup.com/97517/Co...g_Elusive_80_Plus_Gold_Efficiency_Rating.html)

PSU RECLASSIFICATION

[HEXUS] Okay, on to the 80Plus Gold versus Silver PSU questions. What is the difference between 80Plus Silver and Gold?
[Jim] About 2% [laughing]. Seriously, the difference is 2% in efficiency. 80Plus Silver means that your PSU delivers 85% efficiency at a 20% and 100% load and 87% at a 50% load. 80Plus Gold sets those targets at 87% efficiency for 20% and 100% loads and 90% for a 50% load. Man, that's a lot of percentages! If you're as confused as I was trying to spit that out, visit 80plus.org and check out the details.

[HEXUS] Why did your PSU get wrongly certified?
[Jim] I'm not sure I would characterize it as "wrongly" certified. According to the 80Plus organization, the unit we sent in for certification is an 80Plus Gold PSU. We have every legal right to claim 80Plus Gold. However, the unit we sent in to them showed lower results on our test equipment. It was very close to reaching Gold but didn't quite make it on the 100% load test.
We have elected to certify the PSU as 80Plus Silver because that is exactly what we designed it to be: the very best 80Plus Silver PSU on the market. The fact that a single unit passed 80Plus Gold doesn't mean we can guarantee that every customer would get a PSU that met that standard.
There are so many factors that go into the efficiency rating: production variances, component variances, differences in test rigs, temperature differences on the tested units, and so on. Across the bell curve of units we product, some will be at the very high end of the efficiency spectrum, some right on our targets, and some at the lower end. The middle of that distribution curve is what the majority of our customers will get, in terms of the efficiency of the PSU they buy. We know that we can guarantee 80Plus Silver across the full curve because that's exactly what we designed the PSU to deliver.
The fact that we're so close to 80Plus Gold is a testament to the quality of the design. The fact that we won't certify as 80Plus Gold is simply that we can't guarantee every unit produced would have the favourable variance that would cross that threshold from Gold to Silver. Keep in mind that we cleared 80Plus Gold by less than half a percent!
Of course, in fairness, I'd like to point out that no one has passed 80Plus Gold with much more. In fact, all of the 80Plus Gold certified supplies have passed with less than 1% to spare on one or more measures and one is "certified" with just 0.01% (one one-hundredths of one percent!) to spare.

[HEXUS] What obstacles are you finding to getting it re-classified?
[Jim] I don't think it is fair to say there are obstacles. We've asked the 80Plus group to allow us to use the 80Plus Silver logo and they've granted us permission to do that (though I have to say, I think they think we're crazy!). We'd like to have it moved into the 80Plus Silver category as well, and will work with them to get that done.

DOING THE RIGHT THING

[HEXUS] Why not just leave it as Gold - surely you would sell more that way?
[Jim] We might sell more. Okay, we probably would sell more but that would be kind of, well, slimy, don't you think? Wait, I am a marketing guy... aren't we all slimy by definition [laughs]?
Jokes aside, we know we designed and built an 80Plus Silver PSU. We did such a good job that it is very nearly Gold, in terms of efficiency, but it wasn't designed to hit those targets so there is simply no way to guarantee that every PSU produced would meet that spec.
Look at it this way: when we market something, we're making a promise to the customer. He's giving us his hard-earned money in exchange for a product that he believes in, based on what we tell him about the product. That's a lot of trust for someone to put into a company and a product. I'd prefer to over-deliver on that trust because I think, in the long run, that's going to do more for Corsair than a few more sales of the HX850 or HX750.
You remember the Golden Rule, right? Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. It applies here. We're treating our customers honestly so that they will continue to trust us and keep buying our products.

[HEXUS] What certification did you feel your PSU would have got from internal testing?
[Jim] We know that the unit we sent passed at the 80Plus Silver levels in our test rig. We don't screen for specials units-if we did, we certainly wouldn't have asked to be reclassified as an 80Plus Silver unit!-but we do test the unit we send over to make sure it is functionally meeting our product specification.

[HEXUS] Is 80Plus ‘real world' testing or is it a simple validation - how does it differ to Corsair's internal testing.
[Jim] No, it's not "real world" testing, if you mean measuring efficiencies in a real computer, under actual conditions like playing a game. That's got even MORE variables in it than the testing we do for certification and it simply isn't practical.
Simply put, we both use a bench test with equipment that places a controlled 20%, 50%, and 100% load on the PSU and measures the differences between the input voltage and current, and the output, measuring how efficiently it is converted from 110/220V AC to 12V DC.
There are a lot of factors that vary in that process: temperature, manufacturing tolerances of the components, production variances (amount of solder, how much surface is in contact between components, variances in resistance within wires), etc. This introduces a lot of difficult to control variables, which means that the precision of the measurement between test rigs, between PSUs or even between days of the week (remember, temperature affects resistance!) isn't has high as people might believe.
That doesn't invalidate the results at all, but it does mean that it is fair to make sure you look at them carefully.

ANY OTHER ISSUES?

[HEXUS] Do you think these two issues are symptomatic of a bigger problem in quality assurance in the performance component sector and if so what can be done about it?
[Jim] Oh no, I don't want to imply that there's any kind of larger issue here. As I've said a couple of times, I can't speak for what other companies do. I can only help shed light on how Corsair views quality and how we want to take our products to market. We have tight quality controls: whether it is testing 1066 modules at 1080 to provide a guardband for reliability or being very precise about our PSUs. We do this because, in the long run, quality costs everyone less money. We have fewer field failures, customers have fewer headaches, and we can, hopefully, create loyalty that brings customers back to Corsair for other products.

[HEXUS] What will you do about customers who have bought the PSU under the Gold proviso - can they return it to get it exchanged?
[Jim] We don't sell the product directly to the customer, so we can't take them back but they should be able to return the HX850 to the retailer for a credit or exchange.

[HEXUS] Obviously there are financial ramifications to these decisions - who made the 80plus decision and what were the reasons behind it.
[Jim] There wasn't a single person that made the decision. As a company, we know the right thing to do is to sell the product exactly as we designed it: as the very best 850W and 750W 80Plus Silver certified modular PSUs you can buy. We have the complete support of the entire executive team on this decision.
I've heard that some of our competitors are telling people we don't have confidence in the product, and that's why we changed it to 80Plus Silver. That's laughable. We have complete confidence in what we built and we want our customers to have that same confidence, so we are being totally honest with them about what they are buying from us.
I'm sure a lot of people wonder why we would do this to ourselves. It would have been very easy just to let the sleeping dog lie and go out with 80Plus Gold certification; none of these questions would have come up and its pretty unlikely anyone ever would have looked again at the 80Plus certification level. I'm sure we could have slid right by and not heard a thing about it.
But, in the end, we truly believe that doing the right thing is better for Corsair and for our customers than doing the easy thing.

[HEXUS] Thank you very much for your time today.
[Jim] Thank you, too. Let's not wait for the next crisis to do this again. Not that it hasn't been fun [laughs].
(http://channel.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19218&page=3)

Back