Cuil: Google's New Competition?

.DX.

Power Member
cuil-search.jpg

Well if you haven't heard there's a new search engine that just moved in down the block and it's taunting the most indexed web pages (120 billion, 3x more than others) and a new way to display search results. From the company:
Cuil (pronounced COOL) provides organized and relevant results based on Web page content analysis. The search engine goes beyond today's search techniques of link analysis and traffic ranking to analyze the context of each page and the concepts behind each query. It then organizes similar search results into groups and sorts them by category.
And, according to the Huffington Post, people have been checking it out.
This morning the Google competitor started by former Google employees topped Google Trends. This means that people were using Google to find it's spunky new competitor. Misspellings of Cuil and Cuil's founder, Anna Paterson, were also top searches. Google may have been discouraged by this until they see 'Hot Trend' number 35, 'cuil sucks.'
Personally, I don't know if Cuil sucks or not because I've always been an Askjeeves kind of guy. Ha, did I just say that out loud? What I meant to say was The Geekologie Writer doesn't use search engines, the information comes to him. I just concentrate real hard on what I need aaaaaaand....CH34P V1@GR@. Shit, ladies I swear...

Cuil Website

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/cuil_googles_new_competition.php

http://www.cuil.com/

Na minha opinião ainda tem muito para andar para fazer algumas cócegas ao Google.

Não vou dizer que este vai ser melhor que o google obviamente, mas digo-te já que isso foi o que toda a gente dizia do Google quando apareceu relativamente ao Yahoo.
O Yahoo já esteve no topo, e o Google há-se descer do pedestal de onde está mais cedo ou tarde. É inevitável.

Tem melhor aspecto q o Google, mas no q diz respeito a motor de busca própriamente dito, deixa algo a desejar, pelo menos neste momento...

Não sei porquê mas o facto da fonte deste anúncio ser o Geekologie não me inspira muita confiança. A rede de blogs a que o Geekologie pertence não tem propriamente uma maneira séria de informar/escrever.

Bem, pela minha (pouca) experiência até agora, penso que este motor tem um bom futuro pela frente, isto é, se lhe souberem dar o uso devido.
E também é um motivo para o Google começar a andar das pernas pois já se mantem praticamente igual há bastante tempo.

Última edição:
Back