PC Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt RED)

Basicamente eles anunciaram o jogo para despertar interesse e atraírem novo talento para o estúdio, com a ideia de terem duas equipas a trabalhar em simultâneo em projectos separados. Há vários projectos que são anunciados anos antes do lançamento com o único objectivo de recrutarem pessoal para o estúdio e/ou procurarem financiamento, não é propriamente uma prática invulgar.

Neste caso, o grande problema foi o The Witcher 3 ter encontrado problemas durante o desenvolvimento, obrigando a CDP a descartar a ideia das duas equipas (pelo menos temporariamente) e realocar praticamente todo o staff da empresa para conseguirem acabar o jogo, que mesmo assim teve de ser adiado por duas vezes.

O Cyberpunk 2077 ficou para segundo plano e muito dificilmente será lançado antes de 2018, mas pelo menos a CDP encontra-se em excelentes condições financeiras para assegurar que o desenvolvimento corre como esperado.

Alguma info sobre o jogo que circula nos foruns da CD Projekt Red.

Story

• You’ll be able to create a character from the ground up and then experience Night City as a totally open world setting.
  • It will be a rise-to-power story about "someone who rises from a filthy gutter to stand against a hostile world."
  • Game will be a story-driven experience set in an open world environment, which will be driven throughout by player choice.
  • It will be non-linear.
  • Story will mainly focus on contemporary issues, and the world we will present is a kind of filter for those things.

Gameplay

• Advanced RPG mechanics based on PnP RPG system upgraded to the 2077 setting.
  • Huge arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech gadgets.
  • Takes place in a Sandbox environment in Night City.
  • A whole system of cyber-implants will be implemented, allowing you to modify your limbs.
  • Similar arm implants (that was scene in the Teaser Trailer) will be present in the game.
  • Cyber-psychos will also be present.
  • Aerial vehicles, the psychosquad, and the weapons seen in the Teaser Trailer are as well present in the game.
  • They are experimenting with dynamic conversation.

Representation

• The city is being designed so it doesn’t look like a purely futuristic metropolis. Older elements of buildings will be mixed in with more modern structures to make it look like the city was built in layers to create a more realistic, Blade Runner-esque style.
  • Significant amount of detail built into the weapons, similarly to the ones used in the Teaser Trailer.
  • CDPR draws inspiration from several games, e.g. System Shock, Fallout 2 and more.
  • Both the city and game world will be vast, and not feel restricted.
  • You play in Night City, but not exactly the same area as in Cyberpunk 2020. It has been moved a little closer to the coast. Reasons being of the nuke detonation in the city.
  • You will still visit memorable places in Night City, e.g. Afterlife.
  • The corporations from Cyberpunk 2020 will remain present – Arasaka, Dynalar, KiroshI, etc.
  • CDPR game engine--REDengine--will have some changes. The physics and ballistics of the game will be changed to add new character movements and guns. The graphics engine will need to be changed a lot.
  • The woman seen in the trailer might be in the game.

Developer Promises

• CDPR are trying to let the player print your character sheet from the PnP game.
  • They are trying to make the game to be as close to the original PnP RPG as possible. There will be changes in the balance of classes and how particular skills work.

Não sabia ao certo onde colocar isto, vou deixar aqui:

- Cyberpunk 2077 is in full development mode and there are over 300 people working, which represents 3/4 of the total workforce they want on this project. They already have all core staff for the projects, they're looking to hire plenty of testers etc.

- Job positions posted on their site, such as concept artists are mainly "opportunity hires" as "it's hard to get top notch artists", but they're not required for work on Cyberpunk 2077 as per previous point.

- They will be developing their second, unannounced AAA title concurrently with Cyberpunk 2077

- They will be working with the Cyberpunk license for years to come

- Cyberpunk 2077 is in advanced development stage, they still need plenty of time on it

- This year is the year of Gwent (in terms of communication)

- CEO grinned when asked what the period between the release and announcement of the Cyberpunk 2077's release date will be and declined to answer the question

- TW3 is definitely done and dusted, no further expansions etc

- Gwent is already bringing good profits for CDPR, they're happy with its performance

- They're setting up two local representative in China and Japan, mainly to support Gwent's growth

- They're not going to reveal how many kegs etc they sell in Gwent. They want to keep that data private.

- They're currently expanding/developing the multiplayer aspect of GOG Galaxy

and finally, one investor pressed CEO by saying:

Your current valuation of 7 billion PLN is mostly thanks to the success of The Witcher series, don't you think that if you announced Witcher 4, your valuation would be 10 billion or more?

Kiciński shrugged, and said: The Witcher was designed as a trilogy. Trilogy cannot have a fourth part, however we like that world very much. We have invested 15 years of our lives and loads of money into it and we will probably think about it at some point. But please consider us as rational people, we sometimes have weird ideas, but overall our thinking is very rational. We have full rights to The Witcher games. They are ours. We have invested enormous funds into promoting it, and it's a very strong brand. Answer your own question :)

- But there are also shareholders...

- Sure, but there's also communication and that's a trouble, that we have talking to you guys. We have to be very careful with our words, because what we tell you is also heard by the gamers. Obviously plenty of you are gamers as well, but what we tell gamers is part of the marketing campaign, so we can't discuss certain things even though we know them already. We cannot reveal our full hand.

(tirei do neogaf)

Making Cyberpunk: when Mike Pondsmith met CD Projekt Red

Since The Witcher 3 launched, Pondsmith says CD Projekt Red has grown. "The number of bodies there has at least doubled," he says, "and now they're pretty much all on Cyberpunk. It's an impressive ton of people. I remember one trip I met the entire team in Warsaw and then went to Krakow [CD Projekt Red's smaller, second studio, opened in 2013], met the team and then went back to Warsaw again. The team has grown tremendously."

Pondsmith visits three or four times a year, hand-delivering paperwork and data - to avoid any "disasters" like the recent Cyberpunk 2077 asset theft - and spending days in endless meetings with every team. One of the reasons he believes his paper Cyberpunk game was so successful was the "tremendous" amount of research poured into making it feel real. A ranger paramedic, who had put people back together in combat situations, advised on the damage system, and a trauma surgeon explained exactly what happened when you drilled into someone's head for an implant.

As for guns: there's nothing like firing the real thing. "I just bought some new hardware," Pondsmith happily tells me, but it's as much for his Talsorian team as for him. "You're not going to write about shooting guns without knowing how to shoot guns," he tells them. "You need to go down and find out because otherwise you're going to be talking about silly things like, 'Yeah I one-handedly picked a .357 [Magnum] and fired it.' Yeah, and you broke your wrist."

(...)

Pondsmith has cast his fastidious eye for authenticity over Cyberpunk 2077 development from the beginning. And it's that, coupled with the wisdom imparted from more than a decade of making games, which makes his contribution an entire world away from the snooty indifference Andrzej Sapkowski showed CD Projekt Red during Witcher development. And all the hard work is paying off.

"We saw some gameplay stuff when I was over there last time and I went, 'Yeah this feels like I'm doing a good Cyberpunk game here; I'm in the middle of a run I would have set up,'" he says. "It's pretty flashy I tell ya. We go, 'Yeah. Yeah. Yeah! You told me this is good - but this is really cool.'"

Estou um bocado ceptico quanto ao jogo, a CDProjekt até hoje só trabalhou em Witcher, vê-los a trabalhar num projeto totalmente diferente e não baseado num livro, deixa-me com receio.
Seja como for, também não são gajos de fazer maus jogos por isso, a ver vamos.

Totalmente diferente? Olha que não é assim tão diferente. Um é fantasia mediaval e outro é sci-fi futurista. No fundo são temas que levam um desenvolvimento muito parecido se pensarem bem.

Quanto à história os vários livros dão bom suporte para ser criado algo interessante.

O aspecto que acho que vai ter mais impacto vai ser a verticalidade. O witcher sempre foi um jogo muito "plano" mas expansivo dado o seu setting mas este vai ser mais vertical e concentrado. Deve ser um desafio bem interessante para o engine e de certeza que teve de levar com muitos ajustes.

No final o que mais me preocupa é a componente multiplayer... estou mesmo com algum receio do que vai sair dali.

E começam os rumores... possível trailer na E3:

Polish website says Cyberpunk 2077 will be playable at E3
The Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account sputtered to life last week with a single, solitary "beep"—the first (and so far, only) word to come out of it after four full years of silence. Now a rumor has surfaced on Polish site GRYOnline (via Google Translate) that a new trailer for the game will be shown at this year's E3, and that it will in fact be playable—although only behind closed doors.

The site said the claim comes independently from two separate sources, and while it's obviously just a rumor at this point, it "strongly believes" that the game will be present. It also pointed out that the rumor coincides with a report last week from YouTuber LegacyKillaHD that a tech demo build of Cyberpunk had been submitted to Sony in December 2017—an indirect connection, but if accurate, evidence that the wheels are beginning to turn in earnest.

E3 is still a good way off—it runs June 12-14 this year—but in light of the recent activity on Twitter, it seems like a reasonable bet that CD Projekt will have something to show. I've emailed the studio for confirmation (which I don't anticipate will be forthcoming, but I am a relentless optimist) and will update if and when I receive a reply.

Última edição:
Não estou muito por dentro do The Witcher, mas já têm uma ideia que tipo de RPG poderá ser, se será um RPG na 3ª pessoa ou outra variante?

Back