Danger Den Maze 5 GPU waterblock Review

mascarilha

I folded Myself
Danger Den Maze 5 GPU waterblock Review

I would like to thank Danger Den for providing the Maze 5 test sample.

In the US, as soon as you mention water cooling, Danger Den will undoubtedly be one of the first names that come to mind. The company has been around for ages, producing high performance water blocks - most notably under the "Maze" name. Maze blocks are based on a simple "maze" principle, with several modifications, to achieve low restriction and high performance at the same time.

As just about on any market, there is fierce competition going on - Swiftech, one of Danger Den's main rivals, has managed to score big with both its Storm CPU block, as well as the "new" MCW 60 GPU waterblock. Before, the Maze 4 from Danger Den was considered the best of the best. To regain the performance crown, Danger Den's engineers have returned to the drawing table and redesigned the Maze 4 into the water block I have the pleasure to review today - the Danger Den Maze 5.

Features:

* Over 100% increased Surface Area for significantly improved heat transfer
* Machine Lapped and Polished
* Choice of fitting size
* Complete block weighs about 6oz (171 grams)
* Non-Corrosive design
* Delrin/Acetal Top chamber allows full use of channels with minimal flow loss.
* Pressure tested before shipment.

Compatibility NVIDIA:

* 7900 GT, GTX and GS series (Series 2 Hold Down Style)
* 7800 GT, GTX, 6800 Series, 59XX Series (Series 2 Hold Down Style)
* Older cards or cards with two hole mount system (Uses Series 1 Hold Down Style)

Compatibility ATI:

* X1900, X1800, X1600 with 4 Hole Mount System (Series 2 Hold Down Style)
* Compatibility ATI: Most Radeon Series blocks (9500, 9600, 9800, and X800 series) with the two hole mounted fans (Series 1 Hold Down Style).
* Excludes the All-In-Wonders before the X1900 Series,

Performance:

For the overclocking tests, I used the latest ATITool 0.25 Beta 16 pre 8.

The thermal diode integrated in the X800GT's core was used to obtain temperatures. Load temperatures were measured after one hour of ATITool's artifact scan test, idle temperatures after one hour of Windows desktop.

The fan on the X800GT varies its speeds according to temperature - to obtain "dynamic fan" values, I let the card adjust the fan speed on its own. For "fan 100%", I used ATITool to force the speed to 100%.

The waterblock was tested with the following water loop:

* Eheim HPPS Plus
* Black Ice Xtreme II with 2 Sunon 7W fans
* Alphacool Nexxxos CPU block
* Danger Den Maze 5 GPU block

Review completa >> http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/DangerDen/Maze5/

cumps

Última edição:
Back