PC/Mac Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix/Eidos Montreal)

Nunca joguei ao primeiro Deus Ex, mas passei o segundo já alguns anitos depois de ter saído e achei o jogo muito bom mesmo. O primeiro é assim tão melhor do que o Invisible War?

Nunca joguei ao primeiro Deus Ex, mas passei o segundo já alguns anitos depois de ter saído e achei o jogo muito bom mesmo. O primeiro é assim tão melhor do que o Invisible War?
Oh sim, bem melhor.

O DX2 é apenas mais um FPS clone que tenta aplicar alguns gimmicks para se aproximar do franchise, mas falha ao dar um passo maior que a perna.

O DX nunca foi produzido para ser um ongoing franchise, foi apenas um one-off, e como tal, insistiram numa identidade própria e jogabilidade única (que o DX2 não consegue recuperar, caíndo no facilitismo e deja-vu).
Apoia-se muito nos gráficos e pouco na essência que define o DX.

O DX2 é um bom jogo, apenas não é nem deveria estar associado ao DX.

Contudo o que mais me chateia no DX2 nem é a parte técnica, mas a parte moral.
Fazerem do JC Denton um dos maus da fita não foi muito inteligente.
Recorrerem ao envolvimento desta personagem mostra algum desespero por protagonismo.
Mais valia terem seguido um caminho que não envolvesse o JC de todo, ou no máximo que referissem apenas as suas acções no passado.

É como comparar um Ferrari F16 (que já tem uns aninhos e tal) com um dos novos fiat puntos... OK, o fiat é mais novinho e tem um look mais actual mas se o puseres ao lado do F16 ele é completamente pulverizado :-D

A história do 1º está mil vezes melhor, os mapas estão excelentes oferecendo mais alternativas de como passar um obstáculo e incomparavelmente maiores (e sem tanto loading), personagens bem mais trabalhadas, melhor banda sonora, melhor sistema de reward e skills, etc, etc

A única coisa que o IW tem de melhor é só mesmo os gráficos pois de resto é claramente inferior :P Só para teres noção eu já devo ter re-jogado o 1º mais de 10 vezes sem exagero e em todas descobri coisas novas e maneiras de jogar ou passar um mapa de maneira diferente (muitas vezes envolvendo passagens diferentes e até mesmo sequências cronológicas diferentes). Quanto ao IW re-joguei-o 3 vezes e na última já não consegui explorar mais nada de novo pois já o tinha levado à exaustão e já nem dava pica...

Deus Ex, um dos melhores jogos de sempre. Já agora, para quem não conhece, fica aqui o link para o melhor mod alguma vez criado. Isto sim, devia de ter sido a verdadeira sequela:

http://www.thenamelessmod.com

Quanto ao Deus Ex 3, realmente a Eidos está a trabalhar no segredo dos deuses. O secretismo consegue rivalizar com o do "falecido" Duke Nukem Forever :p. É de salientar que os estúdio que o está a produzir (Eidos Montreal) está também a trabalhar no Thief 4 e num IP completamente novo. Realmente ambição não faltam a esta equipa, vamos lá a ver se eles se aguentam com tanto trabalho

Basicamente o DX2 foi feito pra consolas e pra "franchisar", enquanto o DX1 foi feito pra PC com o unico pensamento de ser um jogo captivante. O mais triste é que nem foi o caso de serem "outros gajos", foram à mesma o Spector e o Smith que lideraram o desenvolvimento. Enfim...

Austin GDC: Deus Ex 3 Lead Writer on Building a "Game Experience"

September 15, 2009 | 10:28 PM PST

by: Christopher Burke

Writing in games is a sore point for developers and gamers alike. Either writers aren't getting enough creative input, or too much, but either way, it often leads to games with laughable dialogue and ridiculous plots. At the Game Writers' Summit at GDC Austin, Eidos Montreal Narrative Designer and Lead Writer Mary DeMarle talked about making story-driven games that work with gameplay, rather than against it, and which ideas are making their way into her current project: Deus Ex 3.

DeMarle began by describing what a good story-based game should do: make you, the player, live the story. Unfortunately, making a story livable is easier said than done, and not the sole domain of the writer.

She emphasized how, once you determine a game's theme or essence, the entire development team should be expected to live inside the world they are creating. In this situation, it's the writer's job to make sure the narrative is consistent across the entire game.

As for some things writers don't always do, but desperately need to: They absolutely have to play videogames in order to understand what it's like to experience a story from the player's perspective, they also have to play their own games, even before they're finished so they can catch possible problems, and lastly, they have to communicate with the rest of the team.

DeMarle described how a writer's enthusiasm for a world they have created can be infectious, getting the entire team motivated to make that world a reality through their own language, whether it's level design, voice acting, or character art.

All of these concepts have been applied to the development of Deus Ex 3. It has an essence, the gameplay echoes that essence, and the narrative is integral to the game. Once the team at Eidos Montreal had figured out what the story was going to be about, they started dividing each part of the story into playable sequences. Those sequences were then further divided into levels, with particular purposes in unfolding the story. Levels were then further divided into blocks of single events - boss fights, cut-scenes, puzzles, and so on.

The end result is that gameplay and story merge, creating a singular "gameplay experience", not the typical game with cutscenes tacked on.

If anything, DeMarle's talk is strong ammunition for the argument that games are art. I had never really heard developers talking about the artistic or narrative intent of a specific scene. When you have a Lead Designer asking themselves "Well, does this boss battle really reflect the game's narrative?", they've clearly stepped into the mindset of an artist.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3153580

What is Deus Ex?

Deus Ex is, in my opinion and many other's, one of the best games ever created. Along with System Shock 2 it is one of the few FPS/RPG hybrids, and it combines the two genres beautifully. The graphics aren't that bad, either:

deusex_graphics.png

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

To install Deus Ex

Simply install everything possible to your hard drive, then make sure the v1.112fm patch is installed, it is if you have the Game of the Year edition.

Mods and Graphics packs

There have been many good and bad mods released for Deus Ex over the years, and some that improve the graphics.

HDTP
First of all, we have the High Definition Texture Pack . This will probably be finished soon!

shotgun.png

Click here for the full 688x558 image.

New Vision

Another texture mod which I believe works fine with HDTP. Get this if you like better graphics. Download here .

ENB Series

Download ENB Series to enhance the lighting and such even more.

Shifter

One of the best mods in my opinion, it fixes some things about Deus Ex and adds many things that "just make sense". Do not not use this on your first playthrough, however. Go here to download it.

Hardcore Mod

I've never used the Hardcore Mod myself, but it makes the game harder and I've heard good things about it.

The Nameless Mod

This is a total conversion released recently, which has some pretty good gameplay. Try it before you listen to me, though, as many people hate it, calling it a "circle jerk". Go here to download it.

Feel free to suggest any other mods in the thread.

Wahhh the first level sucks! I quit!

Yes, on your first time through the first level probably is terrible. But stick with the game, even if you have to do the level slowly, as it's so worth it. I had the same problem when I first played, but now I've played the game through at least 4 times.

What skills should I focus on? What's the best way to play?

Focus on whatever skills you want, but as a first time player you'll find that focusing on rifles and picking the GEP gun in the beginning will help a lot. For play style, you can run in guns blazing, sneak through without any alerts, or go through without a single kill in the entire game! There isn't really a limit to what you can do, so choose whatever you want.

desconhecia este Shifte. da proxima vez que reinstalar o jogo hei-de experimenta-lo.

Última edição:
O Shifter é muito bom mas é essencialmente o mesmo jogo. Para uma experiência completamente nova e tão boa como o original, aconselho o The Nameless Mod. Simplesmente imperdível!

parece que a square enix vai fazer as cut scenes do DX3.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/ne..._“joint_effort”_between_eidos_and_square_enix

curiosamente, há indicação de que o jogo será um exclusivo para PC

It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/11/25/deus-ex-3-is-eidos-and-square-enix-joint-ef/1

:)

Isso seria uma excelente notícia, dado que o DX2 perdeu muito da "profundidade" do primeiro que saiu, muito por causa das limitações técnicas que por vezes as consolas apresentam.

De facto é uma decisão corajosa por parte deles. Ultimamente os devs tem tratado o PC como uma máquina de mastigar ports de consolas.

Este jogo nunca mais sai. :(

Back