[Discussão] Interface, um passo a tomar na inovação

Romani48

Power Member
Aqui está um artigo que pode gerar uma discussão interessante.
Algo que já me tinha lembrado antes, mas a verdade é que Linux oferece nos tanta personalização.

ainda assim, peço, que leiam o artigo, porque sem ler não entenderão ;)
Esta discussão também toca um bocado na ferida pelo lado da Apple e mostra a sorte o segredo que a ajudou a trazer ao de cima, entre outros.
Linux, user interfaces and copying Apple

Bob Sutor, IBM’s VP of open source and standards, recently declared at the Black Hat Security Conference in Las Vegas that the open source world needs to create new and innovative user interfaces distinctive to Linux desktops if they want to pose a greater challenge in the desktop space. He also stated that they have to clone less the look and feel of desktop Windows, even going so far as to state they would do better to clone the look and feel of Mac applications if they are writing applications for the traditional desktop PC. That last part sounds a bit odd. I’m not so sure that it would be wise to make desktop PC apps that look like Mac applications any more than it would be wise to make Mac applications that look like PC applications. It’s like speaking Japanese in France, and is more likely to confuse non-technical users than “wow” them with your design innovation skills.
The notion that Linux should chart its own user interface path makes more sense to me, however. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro for my wife, which has given me more chance to play with the Mac user interface and features up close. As I’ve indicated in previous posts, I’m far from impressed with the development APIs in the Mac world. In fact, I would go so far to say that I feel like I have stepped 10 years back in time when I start to mess around with XCode and the Cocoa APIs (not that that will stop me, as I am an old C++ hand (and Objective-C is just another language), but I’m not going to pretend that the Mac development experience is on par with that of a company who specializes in APIs and platforms).
But, as many a Mac fan is sure to point out, a Mac is not first and foremost a development platform. It’s prime orientation is around the creation of a great user experience that is easy to use and doesn’t get in the user’s way. That is certainly the case with our new MacBook Pro. Besides being a beautiful piece of hardware engineering (a fact that is obvious when you first get it out of the box), the way that Apple guides you in its out-of-the-box experience is second to none. The user interface is, of course, spectacular. Small touches are stand-out features in a Mac, such as the ability to graphically scan through the contents of a folder - a feature I’d heard about in blog posts, but after using it a few times, must agree is the most functional “3D interface” I have ever seen in computers.
But the point of this post wasn’t to gush about our new Mac. Rather, Apple has shown that it is completely possible to challenge Microsoft dominance with a user interface that charts its own path. What matters is that the user interface is well designed and effective…
…or is that all there is to it? Obviously, I don’t think so.
There are certain aspects of the Macintosh experience that simply will not apply to Linux. It’s worth remembering that, for years, the market share of an Apple Macintosh remained under water, shrinking slowly but inexorably against the ever ballooning market share of Windows. Jobs halted that slide by injecting new life into the Mac user experience and hardware design, but even so, it remain pegged at around 3-4% for a very long time.
That all changed with the popularity of the iPod. The iPod gave a whole new slant to the Apple brand that associated fun and cool things with Apple as a company. This put a new shine to the company’s desktop computer division (the much ballyhooed iPod “halo” effect). Granted, the overhaul over which Jobs presided to the guts of the Mac operating system made it ready to withstand the attention that the iPod’s success generated, but even so, iPod was the shiny eye-catching detail in the Apple product landscape that caused people start to reconsider the Mac as a platform. Add to that a set of stores which are inevitably placed in the most fashionable locations in any city, an ad campaign that is second to none, and now an iPhone that has changed what a smartphone user interface is supposed to look like (though its success was also linked to the previous success of the iPod), and you have a combination of factors that has turned a user interface that is different into a competitive advantage.
Linux is more associated with servers and businesses than Apple, which means they will have a harder time making people pay much attention to their UI innovations, at least in the desktop computer world. That, however, is not so much the case in mobile phones, which is why the Android user interface innovations are so important. The demonstrations I’ve seen are quite impressive. Further, there is no real standard for mobile phone user interfaces (though Apple has made it practically a requirement that they include support for touch screens, which the Android interface does).
Mobile phones are a wide-open market, and Linux has everything to gain by providing innovative user interfaces coupled with a completely open platform that is, in many cases, free to use.
FONTE

Acho isto mau... ao fazer isto e mudar drasticamente o modo de utilização de Linux, vai afastar um pouco o utilizador comum, que já tá tão habituado a windows que não vai querer usar linux.

Não li o artigo todo, dei uma vista de olhos rápida enquanto trabalho :D Corrigam-me se estiver errado nas minhas afirmações. Fkb

o que eles referem é que devia haver várias escolhas (claro já temos até hoje em dia, mas algo mais cutting edge)
assim teríamos as interfaces normais, que têm um objectivo de familiarizar o utilizador Windows, mas algo mais radical, algo que os utilizadores mais avançados e conhecedores de diferentes tipos de GUIs procuram..

É óbvio para nós que o GNOME está próximo de um visual Mac e o KDE próximo de um visual Windows. Existem outros DE's que se afastam mais destes dois mas nunca são aquilo que esperamos, mas gotava de ver como é que os devs nos vão apresentar diferentes tipos de GUI que têm o seu standart em Linux e se isso vai implicar algum tempo de adaptação.

Acho que uma coisa que se podia pesquisar mais seria desenvolver Tilling Window Managers mais user friendly. Estes têm muito potencial num ambiente *nix. No entanto são um autentico pesadelo de configurar. Mesmo que se andem a copiar configurações é muito complicado perceber o que é que faz o quê para afinarmos tudo ao nosso gosto.

De qualquer o que o Romani citou deu-me uma ideia. A procura de uma solução hibrida entre o desktop e os devices embedded poderia resultar numa experiência de utilização muito boa.
Imaginem usarem interfaces parecidos entre o vosso desktop e o vosso telemovel ou mp3. Com os devidos ajustes ao nível de inputs claro. Mas penso que algo muito bom poderia advir daí.

Para existir um verdadeiro boom, tem que se mudar para novas formas de interacção com o computador.

Vejam o exemplo da apple, que já começou a brincar com o multitouch. É um paradigma que vai mudar (já está a mudar) a forma de interacção com um computador. A invenção daquela mesa da microsoft, que agora não me lembro do nome... Idem.

Tal como houve uma superrevolução com a invenção do rato...

As interfaces, com o hardware de interacção que temos hoje em dia, pouco mais têm a oferecer, se querem permanecer minimamente usáveis/agradáveis.

Para existir um verdadeiro boom, tem que se mudar para novas formas de interacção com o computador.

Vejam o exemplo da apple, que já começou a brincar com o multitouch. É um paradigma que vai mudar (já está a mudar) a forma de interacção com um computador. A invenção daquela mesa da microsoft, que agora não me lembro do nome... Idem.

Tal como houve uma superrevolução com a invenção do rato...

As interfaces, com o hardware de interacção que temos hoje em dia, pouco mais têm a oferecer, se querem permanecer minimamente usáveis/agradáveis.

Microsoft Surface, que por acaso tem uma interface completamente inovadora e um SDK ainda melhor...

Mas por mais que nós tentemos adaptarmo-nos a esse tipo de interface, não há dúvida que o velho do ratinho e as janelas são o nosso pão de cada dia... Primeiro que se invente algo que o substitua, digo isto para trabalhar claro, vai se bastante difícil. As novas interfaces que se têm visto são interfaces para lazer/diversão e não trabalho. Cumprimentos ;)

a verdade, é que a diversidade de opções existentes para mudar o aspecto do linux é tal, que uma pessoa perde-se.

Eu, nos meus gostos pessoais, não gosto do ambiente KDE por se assemelhar ao windows, e acho que o GNOME precisa de algo mais, algo diferente...está algo banal! (embora aprecie a sa simplicidade)

Um ambiente grafico único para Linux não me parecia mau. Algo diferente, simples e facilmente reconhecivel talvez ajudasse a muitos indecisos em usar Linux, a mudarem definitivamente...como eu, que vejo tanta tanta coisa, que acabo indeciso.

Por vezes parece os programas disponiveis para Windows, tanta programa que nem sabemos por vezes qual utilizar.

Sim mas neste caso estávamos a falar de "aperfeiçoar" o que já existe e não criar "Algo novo".

Surface? Inovador... por 5000€? Não obrigado...

Ainda vamos ter de esperar muitos e bons aninhos para nos livrar-mos do "ratinho"... xD

Back