DSL - Damn Small Linux

nunol

Power Member
O DSL está de volta, novo forum e agora uma nova versão, DSL 4.11: http://damnsmalllinux.org/forums/index.php?topic=11.0

Here's the first Release Candidate for DSL 4.11

The changes in this release are a step toward making DSL a friendly alternative for older hardware. I've fixed some bugs, updated some applications, and replaced others.

Applications:
Updated JWM to v2.1.0 (now supports rounding)
Updated Dillo to 3.0.2 (much improves CSS support)
Added xChat 1.8.9 (the last version that supported gtk1.2)
Added sic 1.1 IRC client
Added XCalc-color

Removed Applications:

flminicalc
gphone (crashes)
naim/nicq/nirc (naim & nicq not updated to new protocol)

Fixed:
wallpaper.lua so that it works with color selection.
getman
updated links that have changed (mydsl, forums, etc.)

Modified Desktop Functionality:

It is now possible to switch between JWM & Fluxbox without shutting down X; I had to modify and add a few scripts to accomplish this.
Added menu items to switch between DFM & xtdesk icon engines or use none at all.
Added JWM menu to display or not display icons in menu.
Added menu items for backgrounds and theme fetch & display for both JWM and Fluxbox so that one does not need to launch and navigate DFM to select.
Added option to load the default background to native themes while allowing wallpaper.lua to override.
Coordinated default JWM & Fluxbox themes; they have the same color scheme and mood.
Used "orangetheme.thm" by Lucky13Linux for JWM, as well as modded the taskbar, menu and window decor so that they all take up less space.

Thank you to GPedde for letting DSL use Maintenance. I think it fits quite well with how I see DSL working on vintage hardware.

Please test away! The kernel and hardware detection will be the exact same as 4.10, and obviously this release will not work with the latest hardware technology, but that isn't my intention here. I see this version of DSL (what will probably be called "classic" eventually) becoming dedicated to bringing a usable and friendly desktop in the smallest package possible. "Classic" DSL will remain ultra-portable, can be downloaded and run virtually quickly, and most importantly, will run on hardware that the rest of the world is leaving behind.
Criei este topico novo para o DSL porque o outro esta fechado.

Back