Duvidas em Linux suse 9.3

destr0yer disse:
o codec não era suposto vir integrado nos leitores?

som no linux tenho, visto que quando ele arranca emite um som

Não. Dá uma olhada a este texto:

Multimedia support... or lack of it

SUSE's disregard for proper multimedia playback has officially gotten out of hand. While I am not a lawyer and I confess to not knowing all of the specifics regarding the legalities of MP3 playback, the only other distribution guilty of crippling it (that I am aware of) is Red Hat. So what are the other distros (Linspire comes immediately to mind) doing to ensure their users are able to listen to their music and watch their videos? SUSE has really done a thorough job at crippling media playback in version 9.3 and it's a really sad thing to see. What's even worse is trying to fix it. Lack of a viable MP3 playback solution upsets me not only because I have tons of CDs I've ripped to MP3 over the years and can't even listen to them on this distro, but knowing that I could install practically any other distro on the planet and be back to normal again. The only way to play MP3 files on the newest SUSE release is to use the included RealPlayer 10. Nothing against Real's software, but it's not full-featured enough to be considered the default player for MP3 files, especially with the likes of Amarok on the system. Even the aging XMMS has more features.

From what it looks like, GStreamer, Arts, and aKode (the latter two are both included in the kdemultimedia packages) were all compiled without MP3 support. Unlike Red Hat, where all you need to do is install a single file to resolve, SUSE has crippled their distro in such a way that it's extremely difficult to fix. Considering the main components are part of a larger package set, you'd need to recompile KDE's multimedia section in order to properly right the situation. The problem with this would be that you're throwing off the balance of package management at that point, so future upgrades might have unpredictable results. It's also a nightmare to recompile these packages on SUSE, as you'll end up installing many development packages for the likes of KDE, Xorg, etc... not to mention the need to grab source code for other key pieces such as lame, flac, and taglib. The fastest way I was able to cure the problem was to grab the SUSE 9.2 kdemultimedia packages from a reliable KDE mirror. While this cured the problem temporarily, the next time I installed something from YaST, it reinstalled its multimedia packages. Frustrating.

http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=3851&page=2

A instalação do multimedia packages no yast que o tkm_[pt] indicou, não resolveu o problema?

Última edição:
Logo vejo isto :)

o GRUB que não percebo bem como funciona... é o seguinte:

Tenho uma partição livre onde pretendo instalar o windows 64, mas como configuro o Grub para poder arrancar desta partição? tentei ver como era as outras e não percebi :sad:

Back