(E3) Sega mostra Sonic, Virtua Fighter, Afterburner....

Nemesis11

Power Member
....House of the dead, Chrome Hounds, etc

SEGA today unveiled a quartet of exciting next-generation technical demonstrations in its Next Level cinema on the E3 show floor, giving us a glimpse of how Virtua Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, what we think was Afterburner and what plainly was House of the Dead will look like on future console systems.

The company also showed off From Software's Xbox Live-enabled mech combat title Chrome Hounds, which looks extraordinary, detailing mech units right down to the individual joint movements and sniper-style cannons poking through rubble. But more on that later. First, those tech demos.

SEGA's commitment to the next generation of gaming consoles isn't in any doubt, with Xbox 360 titles Condemned (Monolith) and Full Auto (Pseudo Interactive) built upon previously unseen levels of visual detail as well as enticing gameplay principles, but today at E3 the publisher took things a little further, showing off what it called real time "Next Level" technical demonstrations.

The Virtua Fighter demo featured a pair of characters simply showing off their moves in isolation through a variety of backdrops, and the level of detail was astounding. Completely lifelike, with legs and arms moving freely and believably, with clothing that caught and kept or reflected the lighting around them exquisitely.

The demo we've described as Afterburner (forgive us if we're wrong; your young correspondent isn't particularly "up" on that franchise) saw the player tagging up multiple enemies Rez-style then raking across them with missiles, and diving through highly detailed valleys, sun bouncing off the water and fuselage, and every last piece of foliage or wreckage on the ground articulated to a degree simply unseen on current generation machines.

Likewise House of the Dead, which featured enormous numbers of decrepit looking zombies lurching after the two main characters, looked more impressive than anything on current gen, and probably did more for us than Capcom's Dead Rising zombie-'em-up; untold zombie hordes clawing at the other side of cracking glass as anxious player faces reflected off it. It ended as an enormous towering beast stormed through an archway and dangled its oozing tongue in the player's face.

Saving its most popular character for the last, SEGA concluded on a Sonic demo, which the demonstration MC was keen to emphasise was being controlled in real time. The sense of speed and detail levels as Sonic raced through the foliage were reminiscent of the CG seen in past Sonic titles, and there were no shortcuts - you could really see the blue blur's legs spinning as he pelted along. The demo ended as an army of robotic adversaries descended upon Sonic and blew him away, only for the little hedgehog to spring into the air and go Super Sonic; the curtain falling as he propelled himself Neo-in-The-Matrix-like Superman-style toward them.

Although none of the demos were confirmed as full games in development, and a specific platform wasn't mentioned either, the implication was clear, and the visual quality on display was enough for us to rush out here and write it all up immediately.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59216

Ainda não há pics ou videos.

2D !!! Eles k deitem jogos 2D ca' para fora 'a força toda ! Se não for possivel 2D puro algo do género Budokai serve...

Ja' joguei alguns Sonic's novos e erm... Não vou fazer comentários...

Um novo sonic em 2D era excelente, com mais uns jogos de luta 2D....
Mas não parecem estar muito virados para aí.

Melhor descrição das demos

Virtua Fighter

The first clip featured Akira from the Virtua Fighter series set against a white background. As he displayed his standard set of fighting moves the background filled in with a beautifully realized environment. Akira was wearing his traditional white outfit complete with a black belt, but the clothing was clearly separate from the body and moved realistically around him.

The next character shown was Sarah. She wore a reflective body suit that flaunted the power of the new hardware along with her excellent figure. She performed a series of kicks and spins, and closed out the segment by thanking the audience. The quality of the characters and environments were comparable with the DOA 4 characters and if this is only a technical demo then a fully realized Virtua Fighter game could be visually stunning.

Afterburner

The small crowd cheered when the F-14 Tomcat burst onto the screen. The jet blasted over an ocean with beautiful reflections and small crests of water. Enemies appeared on the screen and the jet proceeded to let loose some heavy fire as it blew its rivals out of the air. The camera rotated around the action and zoomed in for a series of evasive maneuvers and barrel rolls. The demo looked like original After Burner, except with real jets and a hell of a lot faster. The real treat came when the scenery changed from the open ocean to a canyon. The sensation of speed was incredible as entire mountains zipped by in the blink of an eye.

House of the Dead

House of the Dead may not have translated to a very good movie, but it was a hell of a fun game. The screen panned in on a male and female agent as they entered a facility filled with the classic House of the Dead animated corpses. Each zombie had decomposing skin and a face and body that showed of every rotting muscle. The walking dead never looked so good.

The scene switched to a first person view as the two agents entered a glass hallway. On the other side of the transparent walls crowds of the dead tried to claw their way in. The camera moved over a balcony that looked out over hundreds and hundreds of creatures. The final scene showed a gigantic boss that clawed its way down a hall toward the camera until it finally grabbed the player in its mouth and launched it across the room.

Sonic the Hedgehog
A SEGA montage wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite blue mascot. The final segment of the video displayed Sonic the Hedgehog running at full speed down a grassy path. The foliage surrounding Sonic was clearly next-gen material, but it was hard to tell at times because he was moving at an incredible rate. I'd like to imagine that Sonic was moving through a realistic version of Green Hill Zone.

Sonic reached the edge of a cliff and performed a swan dive down hundreds of feet into a canyon. Sonic entered a large open cavern with flowing water at the bottom. Sonic began tossing ring bubbles into the environment and golden rings bounced around the huge room. At this point the announcer restated that everything shown was in real-time and sonic hit a series of springs and shot into the sky. The camera then switched back to sonic running and as he blasted across a flat plateau, a massive airship appeared above him and dropped down a fleet of robots. The robots formed a circle around him and pummeled our hero with machine gun fire. Sonic fell to the ground, only to spring back up into the air, surrounded by emeralds and transformed into the all-powerful golden sonic. He performed a charged air attack that turned the bots into a pile of rubble.

Chrome Hounds

The first unannounced video we witnessed featured a squad of mechs powering through a war-ravaged cityscape. The team faced off against a rival squad of mechanized war machines that burst from cover behind a set of buildings. One member of the original team sniped its enemies from afar with a long barreled cannon, hidden behind the façade of a bombed out structure. The machines were agile and on the smaller side for mechs. They weren't sky scraper crushing Steel Battalion type crafts, but rather about three or four stories tall with a large array of weapons.

The title is being produced by FromSoftware the same team that did Metalwolf Chaos and the Otogi series. The movie appeared to be a pre-rendered cinema and it was not announced which system it would appear on. However, considering FromSoftware's past development experience it would be a safe bet to say that this title will appear on the Xbox 360.

The next titles were part of a montage called SEGA's Next Level. It was announced that everything was running in real time, but not specified for any system. SEGA stated that their internal studios put together these demos to show their proficiency with the next generation hardware. This means that the videos may not point to definite titles. It is also feasible (and a lot more exciting) that these games are currently in development Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616888p1.html

tambem quero videos! :)
Uns joguitos 2D é que faziam falta, ando um bocado farto e nenhum dos ultimos que sairam me tem cativado como os de outros tempos :)

Today was great for many reasons: talking to Starbreeze about their upcoming 360 game The Darkness for Majesco, meeting Aeon Flux creator Peter Chung, interviewing Dee Lee, producer of the amazing Kingdom Under Fire Heroes and Yoshinori Sasaki on Ys PSP (which smashes the PS2 version) but none so eventful—nay—life altering as seeing Sonic in real-time on Xbox 360. The lines between consoles really begin to blur when you throw a game like Sonic into the mix. The bottom line is that content is what drives hardware and we’re so early into this it’s crazy to call it for anyone. Nintendo, wisely, is practically on an island so, we all win there regardless. I’m super excited about the Micro and the Revolution.
PS3 is certainly all powerful but seeing a game like Sonic—not to mention Afterburner (which will simply blow your mind) Virtua Fighter, and House of the Dead—really puts things in perspective. On the PS3 front I was surprised to here skeptics speculating over how much of what we saw was “real-time”. Clearly most of the demos were scripted sections of real-time in-game visuals; however, The Getaway demo and UbiSoft’s impressive FPS Killing Day alone (both obviously live in-engine) prove the PS3 is all that and a serious dose of reality. Back to Sonic though…Imagine a perfectly rendered Sonic zooming through photo realistic forest and relics bursting with Naka design, letting out into vast open areas surrounded by mountains so real you’d swear they were 100% real. It was like the anime opening from Sonic CD in the real world: Absolute euphoria. I seriously nearly wept. There’s really no way I can describe it. Hopefully Sega will release the footage to the public in the near future.
Two more days and then we get to begin putting all of this madness into perspective in print where we live. I’m really looking forward to buttoning up the July issue after the show. I know there’s a ton of stuff all over the web so, hopefully our spin on E3 will bring some fresh perspective. I just had to tell who ever is listening that Sonic is (unofficially) coming to 360 and, for anyone who grew up playing Sonic games , it’s going to feel like the first time all over again.
Before I go, both the PSP and DS are completely on fire. Infected for PSP is so cool and V-Joe on DS is crazy, to mention two of many. Tomorrow morning I see Gizmondo, so stay tuned.

http://www.playmagazine.com/blogger/index.php?id=26

Agora é esperar que a Sega meta cá para fora screenshots. Pelo que parece, o Sonic vai sair na Xbox 360.

OMG excelentes notícias :eek:

Afterburner era absolutamente LINDO na altura... viciei-me bastante mas + em arcades... o jogo em casa era fixe mas a máquina arcade era metade da diversão.

Sonic teve bons jogos na Dreamcast mas fugiam às origens...

House of the Dead tb adorei nas arcades (passei-me com os gfx do HOD2) mas em casa é diferente... a longevidade destes jogos é quase nula (tipo 2h) e o replay value...

Virtua Fighter dispensa apresentações.

Agora quero é pics e videos para me babar todo...

Pics do Chrome Hounds:

screen_1.jpg

screen_2.jpg

screen_3.jpg

screen_4.jpg

ohhh yeah...

eu quero é ver o Virtua Fighter e Sonic :D

Bad Bad SEGA no Shenmue3....dasss era um titulo que ajudava a entrar no mercado niponico e matava a sede dos fans :( , so de imaginar as aventuras do Ryu numa consola next-gen ahhh

Sonic tem de ser 2D e pronto ! Quanto ao Desert Strike yeah também concordo com mais um remake (Ainda tenho aki o original para pc)

O Afterburner eles ainda fizeram uma versão para a Saturn ! (Que também tenho aqui em casa, mas tinha os gráficos da Original das arcades e ainda bem...)

wow :eek:
thanks.

Os videos são de pessima qualidade. Só se vê alguma coisa em double size, mas os jogos parecem excelentes.

O afterburner e o Virtua fighter 5 não dá para ver a qualidade dos graficos, mas a animação dos bonecos no VF parece muito melhor que o DOA4.

O Chrome Hounds parece excelente. Este gostava de ver o video com boa qualidadepara ter uma comparação em relação ao agora famoso Killzone, já que o ambiente é o mesmo.

O Sonic em certos momentos parece um filme animado. No fim ouve-se uma voz a dizer que nada daquilo é pre rendered.

Espero que a Sega meta para download os videos.

Nunca mais jogo Sonic na minha vida :( Sniff sniff...

.oO ( Vou agarrar-me 'a minha Mega Drive a jogar o resto dos Sonic's k ainda aqui tenho...)

Não vi o video do Afterburner mas se continuar com os gráficos Arcade e' excelente !

Isto deve ser algum tipo de sinal porque acabei de queimar a minha Sega Saturn 'a coisa de 10 minutos :005:

Parece k tenho de comprar uma consola nova... /me assobia...

M4N!4K disse:
xiii esses games estao poderosos (espero) :D

offtopic: tenho uma saturn... pa venda.. /me assobia tambem lololol :x2:

ROTFL ! Foi 'a tua pala ;) Emprestaram-me o Dragon Ball para jogar para ver se comprava ou não (Cheguei ao fim do jogo num instante) e agora fui liga-la outra vez para ir dar mais um joguito e puff fez-se o chocapic...

Back