PC Enter the Matrix

Murcielago_V12

Power Member
Desktop_1_1600x1200.jpg

Enter The Matrix is the story-within-the-story. It features awesome gunplay and spectacular martial arts that bend the rules of the Matrix, as well as insane driving and stunts, and the chance to pilot the fastest hovercraft in the fleet. This game isn't just set in the Matrix universe – it's an integral part of the entire Matrix experience, weaving in and out of the highly anticipated 2nd installment in the film trilogy, The Matrix Reloaded™.

Enter The Matrix was developed under the creative direction of the Matrix filmmakers Larry and Andy Wachowski. The unprecedented level of collaboration between Hollywood's hottest filmmakers and the award-winning Shiny Entertainment team makes Enter The Matrix a truly unique gaming experience.

FEATURES:

• The story-within-the-story -- without the game, you won't see the entire Matrix Reloaded story.
  • Incredible Kung Fu, directed by the Matrix fight scene choreographer Yuen Wo Ping.
  • Car chases and stunts that take you right to the hard line, Hollywood style.
  • Hack into your gaming console.
  • Defy gravity and bend the rules in "Bullet Time".
  • Take on Agents in intense action sequences.
  • Pilot the Logos, the fastest hovercraft in the Zion fleet.
  • Learn from the Oracle how you can help save mankind.

ja li qq coisa sobre o jogo Enter the Matrix.

gostaria d saber opinioes, e sabem d algumas reviews sobre ele, e se vale a pena:009;:009;

Por acaso tb fiquei indeciso.. comprei a ***mer q trazia um artigo (bastante extenso até) sobre esse jogo e depois do ler fiquei a saber exactamente o mmo.. Ainda fiquei naquela esperança do jogo ter semelhanças com o Max Payne, mas n acredito mto nisso..
Mas pelo que li, os produtores, actores &cia lda do filme estão tb envolvidos no projecto..

hmmm veremos o que é q sai dali..:rolleyes:

wow, o jogo tem grandes gráficos.
Para que servirá aquele focus?

Espero que o jogo traga tanto de inovador para os jogos, como o filme trouxe para o cinema!

"We talk to the happy Shiny CEO about the upcoming Matrix game.

It's one thing to license a movie franchise and build a videogame around it. It happens all the time -- in the past year alone, we've seen games based on Harry Potter, Spider-Man, The Lord of the Rings, Minority Report, Star Wars: Episode II and countless others. Often, these games do little more than echo the plot of the film or try to slap a fresh coat of paint on a familiar style of gameplay, and rarely have any effect on the actual movie franchise.

It's something entirely different, however, when the creators of a blockbuster film get directly involved in the game, writing the actual story and shooting original footage to compliment their films. That's exactly what directors Andy and Larry Wachowski are doing, however, working on their Matrix sequels while simultaneously working with Shiny Entertainment to develop Enter The Matrix, the new videogame due out this May.

During the recent Enter The Matrix premiere party in Hollywood, we had a chance to speak with Shiny CEO Dave Perry about their upcoming game. Along the way, he told us how this whole project got started, what it's been like working with the Wachowskis, and he even spilled some new details on the upcoming game.

Welcome… To the Real World

Although Shiny has been working on Enter The Matrix since early 2001, the game technically started development long before that. "The Wachowskis already knew what they wanted to do," explains Perry. "When we actually put pen to paper, they had already written the script, so we've put in two real years of work. It wasn't like 'OK, let's get started' -- we were making stuff right away."

The enigmatic directors also had very clear ideas on how they wanted the game to play out. "They basically had an arc for the story," Perry continues, "they knew exactly how it would all fit together; the beginning, the middle and the end. They had it down to the point where they would say 'You're in this situation and head for the front door, but the front door is sealed and play starts closing in on you.' It's interesting -- they seem to have watched every movie that's ever been made, and they remember every scene, so they quote everything in scenes from other movies. They definitely knew what they wanted."

However, don't think Shiny is just hired help doing the grunt work to carry out the Wachowskis' vision. "We're still the game guys," says Perry. "Ultimately, it's our job to make sure that the rules of normal gameplay exist. It's very much a movie experienced as a game, but we've got to make sure that you'll be able to kick some major ass in the game."

Luckily for Shiny, the Wachowskis are gamers themselves. "If you were to deal with directors that had no idea of what games are, it would have been a big long conversation every time, trying to explain how people control characters and all that kind of stuff," explains Perry. "But they play tons of games. They have an Xbox and a PlayStation 2 … I saw Larry (Wachowski) just recently and he said 'I've been playing Splinter Cell and I bought this and I bought that.' My point is that the conversations were so easy. When we raise a real gameplay issue, they understand. It was painless."

Jacking In

One of the biggest challenges Shiny has encountered while developing Enter The Matrix is handling the sheer scope of the game. Not content to build a game around one particular genre, the Wachowskis envisioned a game that shifted gears regularly. "They basically wanted everything," says Perry. "We wanted full exploration, fighting, shooting, driving, flying and hacking, all in one game. Getting your head around it, when you realize that it's all gotta look cool, it was a monster."

Guns. Lots of guns. To make sure they were on the right track, Shiny conducted some focus tests asking gamers what they would want out of a Matrix game. "They came up with this huge laundry list," says Perry, "and we have absolutely everything on that list in this game. But the thing that I thought was fascinating was that nobody suggested that you'd have the story written by the directors, or you'd have new movie footage shot, because they know not to ask for that. They've been trained after all these years and all these games, 'well, no way that would happen.'"

Not everyone was a believer, however. According to Perry, there was one doubter who simply refused to buy in. "He said to us at the very end, 'the one thing that would sell it to me is if the Wachowskis put their name on the front of the box. If they do that, I'll believe it and I'd buy the game'. And so, we're doing that."

Expanding The Matrix

One of Shiny's challenges in developing Enter The Matrix has been making the game accessible to everyone,
while at the same time making it deep enough to satisfy hardcore gamers, especially during the fighting sequences. "We really want people who can't play videogames to pick up a controller and press the buttons and feel really good." Perry explains. "On the other hand, we don't want you to feel like it's just a button-masher, so we've been working even harder to make sure somebody who is a good gamer can start to pull off a bunch of cooler moves. To some extent, if you can do a Spock grip on your controller, then you can do the coolest moves of all."

Something else that should provide Enter The Matrix with some replayability is the fact that you'll be able to play through the game as two separate characters: Niobe (played by Jada Pinkett-Smith) and Ghost (played by Anthony Wong). Their paths won't be completely unique, but the two characters will split up quite a bit. "Some levels take quite a different route," says Perry. "In the airport, it's pretty much all different -- you pass through a crisscross, where you're helping each other. There are a few places where you actually play the same thing, but there's a lot of extra stuff in there. You definitely need to play both characters if you want to see it all."

In fact, the Wachowskis seem to be pretty big on rewarding gamers for doing things the "right" way. "There's a scene where you actually get to (meet the Oracle)," explains Perry. "There's a gatekeeper that you meet before her that tests you to some extent, but if you don't pass his test, you'll never even know that level would have happened. And you're going to see pictures up on the 'Net, and be like 'What? I played the whole game and I never saw it.'"

Although this could potentially result in gamers missing big pieces of the game, the Wachowskis are willing to risk it. "They absolutely insisted upon it," continues Perry, "so we have little clue messages that say 'I think I missed something here.' Developers normally wouldn't do that, but it will definitely add to the replayability."

One thing Perry seems pretty sure of: once the game releases, people will be talking about all the original scenes the Wachowskis have filmed for Enter The Matrix. "Some of the footage that they've done is really quite … controversial … and interesting," says Perry, "it's going to cause discussion and it's going to make gamers need to see it. There are a lot of people who love Matrix who we think are going to buy Xboxes or PlayStation 2s or GameCubes because they're going to hear about what the Wachowskis have done."

I Am A L33t H4x0r

Perry got particularly excited while on the subject of Enter The Matrix's hacking system, which he likened to old-school text adventures. "It's something I've really been pushing, because I think it's kind of fun," says Perry, "my goal is to try to get to that experience when Trinity goes 'knock knock' on Neo's screen (in The Matrix)."

If hacking doesn't sound like your thing, don't worry. It won't be necessary to get through the game, but it could provide some nice bonuses. "If you get good at it, you can actually hack weapons into locations into the game," continues Perry. "I can actually drop weapons into the airport, and they'll be waiting for me when I get there. You can download fight styles into yourself. We have messages from the actors and all sorts of hidden stuff in there."

It's ironic to note that -- although The Matrix is set in a fictional world taken over by artificial intelligence -- it's been hard for Shiny to find an AI program capable of simulating a coherent conversation with the player. "They all suck," states Perry, "I mean, I went through every single one, and they all suck. So I'm absolutely doing the brute force technique, where I tried to think of everything you could possibly type and respond accordingly. So you can swear and you can do what you like, and Trinity will have some kind of feedback."

Building The Dream World

Enter The Matrix is being designed for all three next-gen consoles as well as the PC, and part of Shiny's job has been developing new technology that can span all four platforms. Instead of aiming for the low end of the spectrum, however, Shiny has taken the opposite approach.

"We're looking to the future," Perry explains. "I'm not really thinking PlayStation 2 -- I'm thinking PlayStation 3 and 4. Instead of designing for the lowest common denominator, we design for a denominator that doesn't exist yet, and then we scale back."

To make sure Shiny had everything they needed, the Wachowskis hired an interactive team inside their own company to focus on the game, who actually lived in Australia for a year while the new Matrix movies were in production. "Because someone's there and we have full access all the time, we ended up with 25,000 set photographs," continues Perry. "We scanned the actors, we digitally photographed them, we could capture them at any time and re-photograph them in different costumes. The fact that (the Wachowskis) were willing to have someone who was willing to be the interactive person nagging them all the time was really cool."

Since they have a fairly direct connection to the movie team, Shiny has found itself in the advantageous position of having almost too much good material to work with. "We have assets that are just insane," says Perry, "the movie footage that they're supplying to us is in terabytes, so we have to get a terabyte on a DVD, which is pretty funny. It's just flawless data."

"Everything is so high-quality," continues Perry, "and that's something that we've tried to maintain all the way through the project -- keeping all the assets super-high, and scaling to the best that that machine can take. However the Xbox version looks is going to be the best the Xbox can spit out. And don't think Microsoft and Sony aren't helping -- they're doing everything they can to try to get as much out of their machines."

As a result of this, the game discs may not have much room for DVD-like bonus material, a concept Shiny has been mulling over. "We were originally at 14 CDs of assets, so we're trying very hard to get it onto the disc," Perry says. "If there's enough room for a little movie, we have the footage ready. We're ready to go - we just need to find a way to squeeze it in."

For now, however, Shiny is perfectly happy with the progress of their engine. "We just got about 1,300 Sentinels on screen, and it just looks phenomenal," proclaims Perry proudly. "To make them navigate through the tunnels after you, like when a rocket comes by and they all have to swerve around it, it's just mesmerizing to watch -- to see that many things intelligently flocking, it's beautiful."

The Revolution Begins

When we saw Enter The Matrix, the game was still in pretty rough shape, leaving Shiny plenty to do before the game's May 15th release (which coincides with the theatrical release of The Matrix Reloaded). "We have 1,100 bugs in our database," Perry admits, "so we have a lot of work to do."

So while we can't be sure how the final product will turn out, there is one thing we are sure of: Enter The Matrix will not be your typical movie tie-in. If nothing else, we're looking forward to seeing the new footage shot for the game, and we'll keep you posted on how Shiny's doing as the game gets closer to release."
fonte: gamespy.com

guns.jpg

Nice - "and a hacking engine that lets you break into the Matrix (or any PC within the game) using a variety of real-life computer languages. " pequenos pormenores como este que geralmente são descurados dão um toque de "realismo" ( entre aspas visto que se trata de ficção cientifica ;) ) e criam uma atmosfera de jogo mais envolvente :)
Quem é que não está farto de filmes ( principlamente nos filmes acontece isso tal como o swordfish por exemplo ) ou jogos em que as fases ou partes que supostamente retratam a programação são representadas através da manipulação de GUI's complexas e muito bem elaboradas mas que cheiram a esturro e parecem tudo menos programação :-D :-D

oi
a gaja ta mto bem feitinha mesmo... :P mas tenhu um trailer do jogo e prumete ser um susesso!!! plo k vi vai ser d +. é e ta kuase por ai a sair axo eu k é em maio sai ao mesmo tempo k o filme :eek: e o filme vai ser melhor ainda, so k scalhar o jogo no meu PC vai dar um :puke: :P

:004:

*FuI*

PREVIEW

"HANDS-ON: WE ENTER THE MATRIX

It's one of 2003's biggest gaming events, but how does Shiny's take on the Wachowski Brothers' startling sci-fi vision play? Head in our full impressions

18:25 Never before has a movie tie-in had such a weight of expectation attached to it. Films based on movies as a genre have traditionally fared badly in general, with occasional notable exceptions.
But the tide has been turning more recently, with Electronic Arts in particular setting the example for others to follow with titles like Harry Potter and the brilliantly packaged Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers. But Infogrames is insistent that The Matrix will raise the bar substantially, redefining the movie tie-in as we know it. And on the evidence of what we've seen so far, we're not going to argue.

In terms of package and presentation, you've never experienced anything quite like Enter the Matrix. Tired of all the cliché-ridden, hackneyed scripts peddled by developers for their supposedly cinematic titles? Well wake the hell up as the Wachowski Brothers (the guys behind the film) have scripted the entire game and even directed the cutscenes. Plus all the voices in the game are provided by the actual actors.

If that's not enough, the game intertwines with the narrative of the film, bringing the two forms of media closer than they've ever been before. The film, game and Animatrix CGi movie (created by Square) have all been created to form a unified whole, with experience of all parts necessary for a complete overview of the complex Matrix story.

Each is a standalone entity, of course, but Infogrames and Warner Bros. will be banking on the fact that die-hard Matrix fans will want to see everything.

But underneath the vast marketing bulk and glossy veneer, how does it actually play? We were fortunate enough to go hands-on with all three next-gen versions earlier this week, testing each of the different gameplay experiences on offer: third-person fighting; driving; first-person flying.

The bulk of the game deals with fighting, so we'll begin there. You get to play as either Niobe or Ghost, new characters associated with Morpheus. Combat is based on a range of martial arts, with the now infamous "bullet time" used to provide a greater range of attacking options. Control is straightforward: two attack buttons, one jump button, one "Focus" button, and a weapon button form the basis for your attacking options.

When you enter combat, the two attacking buttons can be used to pull off a range of combination attacks, with a further button employed to disarm opponents in an ultimately cool manner. All very nice, but the real fighting glory is revealed when you make use of the "Focus" button.

This puts the game into "bullet time" allowing you to pull off some visually amazing, gravity defying stunts. Run at a wall while holding Focus and you back-flip away; run at an angle and you scoot up it and cartwheel off - couple this with a weapon for a deadly hail of fire. Run, jump and shoot with Focus and you'll spin like a corkscrew; do the same backwards and you leap away in slo-mo allowing time to batter the enemy with bullets. All highly impressive.

On the downside, we found the camera a little twitchy, occasionally making it hard to see where your enemies were. Also, though the fighting is exquisitely choreographed, some of the blows look as though they don't quite connect giving a slightly disjointed feel. But it needs to be stressed that the code we saw wasn't even at the preview stage, so all this will hopefully be sorted in time for release.

Other than the fighting sections, variety is provided through driving and flying sections. The driving sections are reasonably straightforward and require you to scream through packed city streets to a specific point, following an arrow, while evading violent pursuers. In this stage, the Focus button is used to call a passenger brandishing a gun out of the car window, who will automatically shoot at enemies in the vicinity. A first-person, in-car view is also available.

We found the controls for the car a little over-sensitive and the section as a whole doesn't really offer anything particularly new in terms of gameplay, but the section's function serves more to provide variety between the bulk of the adventure.

In a similar vein, the flying shoot-'em-up section can be seen more as a diversion than a full game-within-a-game. Piloting a craft in a high-speed tunnel chase, the action is certainly frantic, with hordes of cybernetic creatures desperately attacking to bring you down. Again, action is quite simplistic, but should serve as an effective cathartic release between missions.

As stated, the main part of the title is the third-person action section, and a great deal of time and effort has clearly been spent on attempting to provide the thrill of participating in the stunning, acrobatic combat The Matrix is famed for.

Assuming the rough edges are ironed out in time for release, there's a great deal of potential here, and if you're a fan of The Matrix (and there are one or two), the package as a whole may be difficult to resist come May 15."
fonte: computerandvideogames.com

Back