Epox 4PDA2+ V2.0 Review

Elrond

To fold or to FOLD?
Epox 4PDA2+ V2.0 Review(865P)

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?rev_id=172&cat_id=74&action=reviews

Eu sp fui atras das EPoX.....e parece q desta vez la vou eu atras dela outra vez.....

Finally, the board can dish out up to 3.3V to your ram. I would strongly recommend against trying this, but I do have some OCZ PC4000 Gold that can actually take 3.3V. Paired with this motherboard, the two turned out to be a monstrous combination, but that’s for another review. Suffice to say, the 4PDA2+ can max out even the world’s most exotic memory.

Surely with a nuclear reactor’s worth of voltage, this board must be a formidable overclocker right? You better believe it. Using just a Zalman CNPS7000Cu HSF, and only the motherboard's passive North Bridge sink, I started at 250mhz FSB and gradually increased FSB and Vcore. 270mhz FSB passed, the 275, then 280. My 2.4C was now running at 3.36ghz. This is near the point where most Springdales and Canterwoods quit, and I thought that the Epox would be the same, but I was wrong. 285mhz passed, then 290, then 295, with the CPU running at 3.54ghz. Remember, this is just with air cooling, and a passive NB sink. I went up 1mhz at a time from 295mhz, and the board kept right on booting into Windows, all the way up to 300mhz FSB, where windows became unstable. Vcore was at 1.725V. I could’ve added more, but with the CPU above 50 degrees C, I figured that 300mhz was enough. I can only imagine what this board would be capable of with a water cooled CPU and North Bridge, but its abilities with just basic air (no tornado fan, just a 2500rpm Zalman) were astonishing.

To the benches!

SandraMEM.gif

Sysmark.gif

UT2003.gif

3dmark.gif

The 4PDA2+ V2.0 is an absolutely fantastic motherboard. I've seen a lot of Springdales since the chipset's introduction, and the 4PDA2+ V2.0 stands head and shoulders above them all. The board, somehow, manages to get everything right. The layout is the best on any Springdale, and the best I've seen on any board in years. The board is an overclocking monster, I'm sure that with water it could easily surpass 300mhz FSB. It simply does not know the meaning of the word quit. Voltage options are what I would expect from Epox, (read: far beyond sanity) and the board finally gets the Vcore to match. As if that weren't enough, the board has features you can't get anywhere else (Raid 1.5 and SATA hot-swap), and a reasonable price ($140-150 in the US). If there is such a thing as motherboard perfection, the 4PDA2+ V2.0 comes damn close. It deserves nothing less than our highest award. Very highly recommended.

O prob agora é arranja-la ca em pt a preços decentes...

[]z

EDIT: de lembrar q estamos a falar de uma Springdale.....

Última edição:
a ***** tem pelo menps no site...eu epox enquanto os gajos não melhorarem MUITO o sistema de controlo de qualidade caguei pros gajos!

Tou à mais de 2 meses pra receber uma das muita mobos da epox que pifou... :puke:

Pifou? Pifou pq?

A minha ate agora nca me deu probs e inclusive ja me safou o CPu qdo o V9 descolou literalmente.......

[]z

Lista de boards da epox que morreram (não apenas minhas para uso proprio mas de outros pc's)!

1x - 8KHA+ rev1.x (reboot e nunca mais deu nada)
2x - 8K9A (as duas da mesma maneira - power off all of sudden e nunca mais deram sinal de vida)
3x - 8RDA+ (1 foi DOA, duas com reboot normal)

Nota: O "truque" do insert foi tentando assim como tudo e mais alguma coisa e NENHUMA das boards esteve sujeita a grandes "abusos" em termos de overclock (falta de cooling e afins incluidos), sendo algumas usadas a STOCK speeds!

Acho que neste momento até preferia ter uma board da MSI do que da Epox :sad:

Eskesito........a minha ate ja foi 1 pouco para o maltratada e aqui continua....parece q as EPoX sao uma questao de sorte....

Ou entao elas n gostam de ti..:D :D :D

j/k

[]z

Back