First Look at DFI RD600 & 680i SLI @ DFI RD600 Benchs & Bios Shots

Espero sincerarmente que esta board (ASUS OU DFI) seja um grande sucesso, n tendo nd contra a Nvidia e a N680i, mas ja faz falta uma board que faça o mm que a 680i faz pela GForce, para o ppl como eu que tem/vai adequirir uma Radeon, é assim como um bundle... a confiança que com esta combinação estamos descançados... é k tirando o Intel 975X n temos nd de jeito...:wscared:
Pode mt bem vir a ser uma banhada até pk será possivelmente a ultima board com Chipset AMD para Intel... mas desde que suporte 1333Mhzs de FSB e QCore até pode ser k nem precisemos de mais nd tão depressa! :x2:

2006112411rw2.jpg

Post Original de PC Modding Malaysia

DFI LANParty UT ICFX3200 T2R/G (aka RD600) Rev 2 Pictures and Details

A few days ago, we received two top secret images from DFI showing the final retail version pictures of the upcoming DFI RD600 CrossFire motherboard for Core 2 Duo. While most of us know it as RD600, the official name set by DFI for the motherboard is LANParty UT ICFX3200 T2R/G.
From the looks of it, the board has a pretty kickass layout with three PCI-E graphics slots across the motherboard. While the board officially supports ATI CrossFire technology, the third PCI-E x2 slot is actually there to support ATI’s upcoming physics technology.[7B]

We also understand that the board is currently through revision 2 and DFI is preparing to launch this motherboard within 2-3 weeks time.

The most interesting feature of the ICFX3200 T2R/G motherboard is DFI’s digital PWM technology which was successfully implemented on the LP UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G.
Unlike traditional PWM, DFI utilized digital PWM controllers to regulate voltage which feeds the CPU and other components. This eliminates the use of capacitors and prevents damages caused by leaky capacitors. However, the location of the digital PWM is quite close to the CPU socket but DFI assured us that there will be no issues with huge heatsinks.
Actually, we believe that there will be an aluminium heatsink over the digital PWM on the retail motherboard. DFI also left one of the heatsinks exposed for the pictures but we expect DFI to have an active cooler for the chipset. The exposed NB chipset is actually the ATI RD600 chipset. We also noticed that NB chipset in the picture does not have mounting holes around it. Instead, DFI went with a clip-mounting with the board.

The board comes with 8 SATA II headers where four of it is controlled through the ATI SB600 chipset.
If you look closely at the picture, you will notice four 90 degree SATA II headers located besides the SB (between the IDE and floppy connectors). The other four SATA II is done through Promise chipset with RAID support.

Like most LANParty boards, the ICFX3200 T2R/G comes with onboard buzzer, onboard power/reset buttons and onboard postcode LED debugging display.

As for power requirements, there’s a 24-pin socket located beside the IDE connector and an 8-pin socket near the rear I/O panel. Additionally, we also found two more 4-pin floppy power sockets near the first two PCI-E graphics slots on the motherboard.

With its UV reactive orange and yellow slot colouring, the DFI LP UT ICFX3200 T2R/G (a.k.a RD600) motherboard certainly looks promising, powerful and power hungry. That's the price you have to pay if you want an ATI RD600 motherboard that supports Core 2 Duo, which will probably be the first and the last of its kind.

Update: DFI has yet to announce the final pricing details but looking at their previous LANParty products should give you a rough estimation. We'll update the exact pricing details once we get them.

cumps

Última edição:
nunca mais sai a porcaria da DFI....grrrrr
tou farto das arsus.....
segundo o TONY tem sido mesmo o mestre....oskar wu...que está a trabalhar nela

esperemos k valha a espera

cumps

E pelo que disse o tony, esta semana ia a Twain e que ia tirar mais umas pics desta linda board. Vamos esperar que ele de mais algumas novidades interessantes. Já estou farto de esperar e a minha ds3 nunca mais chega do RMA.>(

E valerá essa diferença?

Cumps

:004:

A questão nem é tanto essa, pk em principio esta será principalmente para kem tem Radeons e configurações CF e a NF680 pró ppl da GForce e SLI.
Eu por mim estou cada vez mais em pulgas para meter as mãos nesta menina... :berlusca:

PS: Sempre se confirma que a ASUS tb vai lançar uma board baseada neste chip!?

A questão nem é tanto essa, pk em principio esta será principalmente para kem tem Radeons e configurações CF e a NF680 pró ppl da GForce e SLI.
Eu por mim estou cada vez mais em pulgas para meter as mãos nesta menina... :berlusca:

PS: Sempre se confirma que a ASUS tb vai lançar uma board baseada neste chip!?

Sim... Mas havendo DFI para que sequer por em questão outras marcas? :002: :002: :002: Volts... Nós queremos Agora é deixar sair a 680i dfi, a rd600 dfi, e ver entre as duas qual dá mais FSB, mais desempenho por mhz de fsb e por fim qual a que tem a maior largura de banda...

It's getting here, slowly

It's been delayed more than three months, but we just got word from DFI that the LANParty UT RD600-T2R/G will officially launch on December 15, 2006. Distributors expect the MSRP to be around $220.

We first published images of the board back in October of this year. Earlier today images of the board were posted on the net that do not represent the final design. We've been told these images are either fake or of an early prototype. The images DailyTech published earlier this year are also of the final design.

DFI claims this will be the last ATI/AMD chipset for an Intel motherboard -- at least as far as its roadmaps are concerned. No other major OEM brand has picked up the chipset for channel sales. This likely has contributed to its delay as well.

Additionally, we've also received word that DFI has an nForce 680i motherboard in the works. This board is not expected to launch until January, but it will be a significantly different design than the nForce 680i reference boards.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5127

15 de Dezembro... hmm são duas semanas!!:002: Falta saber é quando vai estar disponível aqui em Portugal.

Tony AKA OCZ , ontem :

Tony disse:
I spent the whole afternoon with DFI, even had dinner with Oskar ;) and I have some news.

They have been tuning the boards, RD600 does over 500fsb with conroe as well as Allendale; memory is clocking over 1200mhz also ;) I680 is a little delayed but i did ask for them to try and push the board out around Xmas but they are looking at Jan for a launch.

RD600 is due to launch Dec 15 or so, I should get a sample this next week, infact I turned down a slightly reworked sample today so I can concentrate on a final in a few days.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1869656&postcount=48

cumps

Última edição:
1.jpg

N gosto muito da posição do connector de power, preferia no topo da bord, tb n percebo pk é k akelas portas sata estão ali perdidas no fundo da bord e n junto com as outras na lateral.
Tb podiam trocar o 1º PCI por um PCI-E 1x

Pela positiva é o facto de n ter fan o k prova que este ***** produz mt menos calor k o 680i.

Mas quanto a mim o mais importante vão ser os testes de OC, como se aguenta com altos FSB.

se fores a ver, logo em cima das 4 portas sata, tens um controlador sata...
as outras são as nativas do chipset (e estão igualmente perto da SB).

é tudo para simplificar o desenho das pistas...

Um bocado estranho na 680i a ventoinha estar no southbridge em vez do northbridge, não?
E aquelas portas SATA em baixo tb podiam estar alinhadas...

Como diz no artigo do VR-Zone, a RD600 é a versão practicamente final, mas a 680i aínda é uma engineering sample, onde até a BIOS está em beta.

yep é isso , a RD600 ja é mesmo a final a 680i ainda deve sofrer algumas alteraçoes ainda tem que ser testada a 100% , mas pelo que dizem tb nao deve fugir mto desta versao até pk sai já em janeiro , em relaçao ás boards até estao porreiritas

cumps

o que interessa é se é realmente melhor ou nao que o design de referencia da nVidia :x2:

pk caso nao sejam, a diferença de preço + espera pela board sao um fiasco completo :004:

custa-me crer que não supote FSBs de 1333mhz.
deve ser apenas uma questão de programar uma nova BIOS para sempre que detectar um CPU com FSB de 1333mhz, defina o FSB para essa velocidade. mesmo que não suporte 1333mhz em default, suporta em overclock. afinal, não vai haver assim tanta coisa a mudar dos CPUs com FSB de 1066mhz para 1333mhz.

isto, claro, é so a minha suposição...

Sem Dúvida que essa board tá com um layout Excelente! :)

Resta saber o resto :)

Pena ser Crossfire 8x, ou seja o mesmo que o 975x que é para mim o melhor chipset para INTEL.

Cumprimentos

LPC

Back