Google to buy Valve

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.

Miguel86

Power Member
Directamente do 24H das tecnologias :p

WELL PLACED SOURCES tell us that Google is going to be buying Valve any second now. If you have to stop and think about why, you probably are not aware of Steam, Valve's amazing content distribution platform.

Google Portal may be a nice idea, but that is irrelevant. Google Content Distribution (Beta) however should make just about every other competitor lose several years of sleep, most of their remaining hair, and large gobs of stock price.

Valve has the best content distribution platform out there, bar none. Steam may have had rough patches here and there, but they are almost all ironed out now, and just about everyone that matters has signed up to use it.

When Google picks them up, it will be a clean kill, no one else will matter. It is a good buy for them, a good thing for Valve, and in general, good for everyone except MS. Then again, they are irrelevant now, so who cares?

Long live Voogle, or is that Golve? DAMMIT!µ

Fonte : Theinquirer

Fake

News by Games Industry.biz

Today 15:20

Internet giant Google has said that reports it is to acquire Valve are just "rumour and speculation".

A report by The Inquirer has suggested Google will announce an acquisition of the Half-Life developer imminently.

Central to the deal would be the Steam business, the market leading online distribution service for games on PC.

Yesterday, Google used its session at Austin GDC to reveal plans for games developers to incorporate games into the firms online virtual world Lively.

Thanks, GamesIndustry.biz.

Fonte: Acima indicada

Seria uma excelente noticia, já estava na altura do Steam ser levado muito a serio.

Só gostava que a biblioteca de jogos antigos fosse mais bem recheada, em particular, com jogos da Lucas Arts :D

Mentira:

I contacted Valve pr man Doug Lombardi who replied to my request for comment on this news with just two words: “complete fabrication.”

Just to make sure Lombardi wasn’t being cagey, I asked if it’s be correct if we posted that (my words) “Valve says Google isn’t buying the company.” He said that would be correct. So… no sale!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/17/valve-on-rumors-of-google-buy-out/

Parece que o "Nvidia-hater" do The Inquirer foi apanhado em flagrante a mentir... :lol:

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.
Back