GT5 vai ter vista do interior do cockpit

d

Ah bom... finalmente alguem abriu os olhos...

e disse alguma coisa acertada... o Damage é essencial num jogo de carros, para que mantenhamos atentos ao desenrolar da corrida.

outra coisa é mudança de tempo.. eu jogo lemans24 pra DC e aquilo muda o tempo ao longo da corrida e faz tramsição dia noite.. tá muito fixe.. e o GT era outra coisa em falta!!!

eu acho que já chega de tantos carros... as pessoas querem é os extras que fazem um jogo ser bom..

damage, wheater, AI..

vamos ver se o GT5 vai trazer isso tudo em condições..até porque a Sony precisa mesmo duns jogos bons neste momento, nem que seja só pra 2008..

WTF

Ainda a pouco tempo disseram que não iam por damage porque não seria perfeito, é bom ver que conseguiram a perfeição rapidamente.

Trabalham rápido.

morcegoxxx, quem disse foi um "suposto" trabalhador da PD ...

Anyway, feliz noticias ... para ver se nós param de melgar sempre a dizer GT não vai ter isto não vai ter aquilo. Só falta duas coisas, "Upgrade da AI" e "20 Carros em pista" :) (Apesar de estar confirmado quero ver como se portam os gráficos)

I just bought JOYPAD and i can confirm this is all-true.
There are four new(but tiny) pics :
-a cockpit view from an Audi TT(Totally photorealistic :O)
-a pic from the 300SL (full exterior view)
-another shot from the cockpit of the 300SL (Polyphony artists am God total)
-AND the first shot ever from the nürburing (The trees are really good!)

And sorry my scanner is broken :( .Ii will try to make some tomorrow at work.

And the big news from the article : FULL HD GT4 is not dead!!
-Release date is not determined yet ( but from this article opinion,end of this year )

-750 cars

-50 circuits

-Two versions (same versions as the original plan from last year) :classic and premium
* Online garage
* Career mode
* Online chat
* Spectator mode (à la PGR3)
* Possibility to create Clubs

-Test playground for the future GT5

Estas ultimas noticias são optimas a ser verdade. em relação ao facto de dizerem q pode sair no fim deste ano n acredito muito. na minha opinião acho muito cedo, mas se assim for melhor

morcegoxxx, quem disse foi um "suposto" trabalhador da PD ...

Anyway, feliz noticias ... para ver se nós param de melgar sempre a dizer GT não vai ter isto não vai ter aquilo. Só falta duas coisas, "Upgrade da AI" e "20 Carros em pista" :) (Apesar de estar confirmado quero ver como se portam os gráficos)
20 carros em pista... On-line. :)
Bom seria em single player também.

Segundo as info do Skybatos, temos mais um jogo que vale a compra da ps3, segundo as minhas contas já lá vao os 20, caso saiam conforme o esperado :D.

cumps

o pior mesmo seram os os carros e pistas a mais que teremos que as pagar se kisermos disfrutar do jogo a 100%.
isto de comprar jogos a 70€/80€ e depois ainda ter que andar a gastar mais € em dowloads upgrades para o jogo n tem piada nenhuma... eles esquecem-se que nem todos os paises tem a saude financeira que eles tem! >(

Realmente estas últimas notícias são excelentes. Um modo multiplayer on-line sólido e sistema de damage são para mim as mais importantes adições à saga - se se confirmarem, claro.

Quanto aos conteúdos para download... Acho muito bem que existam. Uma pessoa paga 70 euros pelo jogo e recebe o jogo. Se quiser kitá-lo, tem essa opção e é justo que pague por isso. Se eu comprar um carro, não vou estar à espera que me paguem o GPS...

---p50---
(photo caption) All of the monitors are on, revealing everything. New cars & circuits being modelled, even future packagings can be seen.

We enter the sacred buildings, revealing it's industrial design. Our photographer, translator and our pilot are waiting for us. For the occasion, we have asked Benoît Tréluyer (Formula Nippon champion, Super GT race driver for Nissan and a 24hrs of the Le Mans 2007 participant for Pescarolo) to accompagny us.

It's a real mad house, car nuts everywhere. Polyphony really is a studio like no other. A studio where everything is dedicated to the game, not towards money. Stacks upon stacks of car catalogues, racks collapsing under the weight of more automobile books you'll ever see. The desks are hidden under maquettes, models and sketches.

A hymne to the automobile.
Our visit
3pm: we start our visit. Kazunori Yamauchi is the guide for the day. We could've had worse...! When walking around, it felt surreal, unique. Our eyes couldn't capture everything there is to see. In one of the boxes, I spotted a GT5 logo... They don't hide anything from us. All of the monitors are on, revealing everything. New cars & circuits being modelled, even future packagings can be seen.
Other studios have strict tours, timed to the second and finish off with a standard drink and a set of rules about what can be published and what can't.

---p51---
(top left photos)
to return
- all cars & circuits from GT4
- ability to download more cars & circuits
- 4 camera angles to drive
- all Ferrari cars
- F1 cars
- new city circuit(s)
- at least 12 online players, maybe up to 20
- changing weather conditions
(top left photo caption) Little black boxes contain technical fiches of nearly every vehicle in existence.

The boss explains us the studio works in total anarchy. He shows us a room filled with musical instruments, fitness equipment, a library, game consoles, movies, magazines, books, etc. Everyone can find something to relax. When a game is nearing completion, most programmers want to stay behind their computers and finish the game, they even have a kitchen, showers, sleeping rooms and even washing machines !

The visit continues. Kazunori opens a few drawers, grabs a couple of brochures and explains us to model vehicles, (right photos caption) Waiting. In this part of the studio, it's possible to relax, play music, watch movies. On top of that, there's a large selection of car magazines. The first floor is dedicated to travel books and the cinema. The basement contains the technical stuff belonging to the actual development studio.
(GT HD Classic or Premium...)

Kazunori Yamauchi explained to us we'll be able to create our own GT via PSN. All of GT4 will be downloadable in HD, but you'll have to download each track & car seperately. We received no confirmation / details regarding the price or game modes. The Premium edition will be a GTHD Concept, with two tracks and about thirty vehicles.

No confirmation about Porsche nor Lamborghini.

---p52---
(photo caption) 120 people work here, 120 working on the next Gran Turismo.
(In the driver's seat)
There are days when you have all the luck in the world !
When arriving, we weren't expecting to try the next GT. And yet, here we are, driving a Nissan 350Z GT500 around the Nürburgring. On a 46" screen in full HD, the driving sensations are amazing. GTHD has been designed to be played with a steering wheel, that's why each game version is tested with different models to enqure maximum compatibility. In a similar fashion, 4 screens are connected to the game (SD, HD720, HD1080i and HD1080p) to ensure the same with monitors.

(photo caption) It's here Kazunori Yamauchi tests GT during it's development.

bouc_emissaire disse:
Yes. GT cars, rallye cars, will have damage. But no way we will see damage on a Audi A4 or on a Ferrari.
I'm french, but it would be to long to translate everything, and my english is too bad.
I try with the help of google translator :

------------------------------------
- Kazunori coming at the job in a Porsche GT3 :D he has two Ford GT parked on the roof of the building.

- The studio can live in total autarky if need be, in particular in the end of development of the game when the developers spend their time in the Polyphony's building : they have all, they have rooms (to sleep), a kitchen, a room of gym, rooms of relaxation (dvd, consoles, library, magazines), showers, washing machines… They receive also the majority of the automobile reviews published in the world.

- They use infos of the manufacturers to design the cars.

- Their very big server which is in a air-conditioned room, it would be the 4th biggest in Japan. It manages the whole of the data of the games of Polyphony.

- The studio is currently composed of 120 people. Staff get bigger with time, and nobody left the studio, all those which were there for the first GT are always present. Kazunori speaks about a true “family”.

- The guy of Joypad went to Polyphony with a French pilot who run in Super GT in Japan (he drives a Nissan), and who won Formula Nippon this year and which makes also "Les 24 Heures du Mans" (on a Pescarolo). He made a race against Kazunori, and Kazunori won (like against Loeb). Kazunori often invite Japanese pilots of Super GT in Polyphony's building, to make them test Gran Turismo and to have their opinion. The French pilot makes a reproach, for him it's difficult to feel the limit of braking. According to Kazunori, it is a problem involved in the current wheels which are not enough advanced to retranscribe this subtlety. According to the French pilot, GT is the best driving simulator on console.

- The guy of Joypad could test the game on the circuit of Nürburgring, but that it was not finished, it missed parts of the set.

- There are 4 “positions” of driving : two external views, hood view, and internal view.

- Kazunori could drive on the true circuit of Nürburgring last year, and he estimates that after having played his game he could find the same reference marks in reality.

- For Indianapolis… in fact, after having tested the circuit of Nürburgring, the guy of Joypad saw a black screen with incomprehensible Japanese lines, and the only word he could understand was "Indianapolis”. So : Indianapolis in GT5?

- For the next GT which will not be GT5. it would be just a version of GT4 in HD. “all GT4 will be downloadable in HD, but it will be necessary to download the circuits and the cars likely to interest you”. In fact, it's not clear, I wonder even if the journalist understood what Polyphony will do exactly with GT4 HD/GTHD Classic/Premium. GT4 HD would be the GTHD Classic about Polyphony had spoken 6 months ago. There will be in a sort of “GTHD Premium” too, which would be a GT 5 prologue with 2 circuits and about thirty cars, and the real GT5 graphics.

What we learn in the interview:
- I pretty sure the guy of Joypad was received by Kazunori at the same time as the team of Turbo (french TV, they had the interior of 300SL and the information : interior views for every cars of GT5).

- Kazunori says something interesting: about the cars of GT: “some of them are claimed by the manufacturers, but the majority of the vehicles of the game are personal choices”. In fact, the manufacturers must impose models of car (like family cars) because it's a good advertising , and there are maybe even negociations (“you include these small family car and we let you include this top model or this concept car”).

- At the beginning, Polyphony was called “the team Yamauchi”, it was a small division integrated into Sony. They became Polyphony DIGITAL in 1998.

- Yamauchi confirms that they are 120 people today at Polyphony. When they began the development of the first GT in 1992 (!), they were 7 and they spent 5 years to finish the game.

- Yamauchi dreams about creating a Formula 1 game, according to him it would be a game very different from what still exists. Unfortunately, according to him this type of game costs to much money and there are too many stakes with FIA.

- The car he preferred in the GT is the Nissan Skyline GTR. The better car in the game (better graphics and modelisation, and better technichaly) “is without question Nissan 350Z Nismo Super GT”.

- He does not know other games than Gran Turismo, so what he does not admire any other creator of games (by ignorance). The only game he noticed, it is LittleBigPlanet ("different", "original").

- There will be a game between GT4 and GT5 but they do not have a name yet. We will be able to download cars when there are update (he says : "it will be possible to make updates of cars")... And he thinks it will be possible to download cars when there will be new models. (he does not speak about downloading the 750 cars of the game !).

- All the Ferrari range will be present, and they're trying to have Porsche and Lamborgini, but as long as it is not signed he cannot answer positively (let us cross the fingers).

- About new circuits : there will be traditional race circuits (like Nürburgring) + 1 or 2 circuits in town.

- The Drift mode will be very important in GT5. (japanese gamers really like it)

- Astonishing, he says that it will be possible to go online and see the other gamers connected driving and trying to make their best time, we could also be seen by other gamers when we drive (the spectator mode).

- About GTHD demo, he says that Europeans are very strong (:D), he sees very less American people in the classifications of best times…

- There will be always driver's license in the next GT.

- About F1 cars, there is a problem of rights, to make a F1 game you need to pay the FOM (Formula One Managment) and they ask a lot of money. However we will find true F1 in GT5, like old Ferrari F1 or like F1 of manufacturers who still are present in the game (Mercedes, Lotus).

DantesWrath disse:
I translated the first part of the interview... Forgive me, my English automatically goes down 20 points when I translate lol.

Where does your passion for cars come from?
Like every boy, I started getting interested in cars at the age of 3-4 years old.
Years later, when the occasion presented itself to make a video game, I had already prepared 150 projects, Gran Turismo being directly linked to my passion for cars. It may not be the Gran Turismo that we know and love today, but I knew what I wanted: a real driving simulator with real cars.

At present day, you’ve vastly explored this idea, what aspects of it inspire you?
Lots of things! But certainly there is no end to this story. We’ve created a game that evolved from circuits to rallies by passing by some normal roads and today with GT HD, we have introduced to you the drift aspect of the game. But there are still lots of fine tuning and lots of work to do. Nothing is ever really completely finished! But the passion that animates my team is a real engine for itself.

You’ve arrived in a Porsche GT3, we’ve also seen a Ford GT… What are the cars you own and which one is your favorite?
I have six cars. 2 Ford GT, a Porsche GT3 that you’ve seen but also a Mercedes SL55, a Nissan 350z Nizmo and a Honda S2000. My favorite one is definitely the Ford GT, since it goes back to the day I was born.

Which car do you dream of owning some day?
Without a doubt, a McLaren F1. I’ve never been in one, it’s a dream to be able to drive it someday.

Where does the name Gran Turismo come from and how did you choose the cars that are in the game?
Gran Turismo is originally an Italian name. The type of car that lets you “travel” since they are cars of grand tourism. We’ve reintroduced this philosophy in the game, since with Gran Turismo, the player travels inside beautiful cars! A couple of them are reclaimed by the manufacturers, but most of the vehicles in the game are personal choices.

How was Polyphony created?
At first, it was a division called “Team Yamauchi” that was integrated in Sony. In 1998, this division became independent under the name Polyphony Digital.
How many people work by your side?
Today, we are 120 in total. In 1992, when I started making the first Gran Turismo, we were seven and it took us 5 years to finalize the game.

You were not programmers though, what’s your professional background?
I started by studying economics while making games for fun. I was 18, it was a hobby. Since I was a kid, I used to play a very well known PC game called Grand Prix. I then arrived at Sony in the music department of Epic Sony Record, to then migrate to the domain of games.

Grand Prix was a single-seater game. Why haven’t you created a soft of Formula 1 instead?
But I’ve always wanted to! However, the development of those types of games cost too much because there is a huge amount of interest. What is certain is that if I had that chance, I’d do something really different than the things that exist today.
Did you ever expect the Gran Turismo series to be such a big success?
Not at all! The driving games before Gran Turismo were very different. Even if you don’t brake, you can still successfully pass a turn. When the driving sensations of the players reappeared in Gran Turismo, they were a lot more enthusiastic of the fact that when you brake before a turn, you have to position the car and reaccelerate, so it was something new. In fact, I was sure that there were other people who, like me, wished to have this type of sensation. But not this much!

Do you know that most of the Europeans discovered that the cars that run in JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Car Championship) (now called Super GT) is all thanks to this game? The Nissan Skyline comes to mind that was never imported over here…
Yes, and the funny thing is that some of them that have played GT have contacted the teams of Super GT! This series is very interesting and very competitive even if it takes place only in Japan. Never the less, I am happy to have participated in its image through my game.

Specifically , have you ever had any collaboration with the Super GT team and do you call real drivers to test Gran Tusimo?
It happens quite frequently. They come in the studio and I go see the races. For me, it is important to have the opinions of a real driver.

What is your favorite car in all of GT and which one is the most polished one technically and graphically in your opinion?
My favorite goes to the Skyline GTR and the most polished one is, no contest, the Nissan 350Z Nismo of Super GT.

Who are the other game creators you admire?
Hard to say since I never look at other games unless it’s for technical reasons. But if I had to say, the only one that struck my eye was Little Big Planet because the developers have really succeeded in doing something different, something original. Otherwise, I don’t admire anybody in particular… but due to my ignorance.

To speak a bit about the future, what online possibilities are we going to see in GT HD Concept?
First of all, the name is still to be determined. At this moment, I can confirm that there’s going to be a game that’s going to come out between GT4 and GT5, but we do not have a name yet. Regarding the online, it’s a really broad question…

Can we hope for any downloadable cars and tracks via the PlayStation Store?
Nothing is certain yet, but it’ll be possible to get new updates for the cars. You can surely expect to be able to download when new stuff is available.

In GT4, one of the new features was the hood driving view, plus the two old classic ones, what can we expect for the next installment?
In the next Gran Turismo, the hood driving view will return but also a new interior driving view.

You signed a deal with Ferrari, will we see all the Ferrari cars in the game? Can we still hope to see more manufacturers such as Porsche or Lamborghini?
All the series of Ferrari cars will be available, but in regards to Porsche and Lamborghini, until we’ve signed with them, I cannot answer positively.

In regards to the tracks, what’s new?
I’ve got loads of ideas! So expect a number of surprises! However, I can already announce that there are going to be the classic circuits but also new city tracks…

A name?
(laughs) Not yet!

depois de isto tudo sera que alguem me pode explicar quais serao as verdadeiras novidades a nivel de carros e de circuitos no jogo?
e que pelo que eu percebi o GT5 vai ser um copy/paste do GT4 mas com melhores graficos, com meia duzia de Ferraris e 2 ou 3 F1 licenceados, e o resto se o quisermos temos que os COMPRAR online...
é isso?

Última edição:
A entrevista antiga não dever ser afinal a revista é recente acho eu :p mas por outro lado acho que existe alguma confusão na entrevista já que o info parece ser antigo.

depois de isto tudo sera que alguem me pode explicar quais serao as verdadeiras novidades a nivel de carros e de circuitos no jogo?
e que pelo que eu percebi o GT5 vai ser um copy/paste do GT4 mas com melhores graficos, com meia duzia de Ferraris e 2 ou 3 F1 licenceados, e o resto se o quisermos temos que os COMPRAR online...
é isso?
Nopes:

- For the next GT which will not be GT5. it would be just a version of GT4 in HD. “all GT4 will be downloadable in HD, but it will be necessary to download the circuits and the cars likely to interest you”. In fact, it's not clear, I wonder even if the journalist understood what Polyphony will do exactly with GT4 HD/GTHD Classic/Premium. GT4 HD would be the GTHD Classic about Polyphony had spoken 6 months ago. There will be in a sort of “GTHD Premium” too, which would be a GT 5 prologue with 2 circuits and about thirty cars, and the real GT5 graphics.

Última edição:
Back