[Guia] Ecrã preto em Ubuntu 9.10?

APLinhares

OpenSource
Solving the “Can’t boot from Ubuntu 9.10 LiveCD, Showing Black Screen” Issue
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala was released two months ago. Until last week, I have not been able to get it running on my computer. Whenever I boot up from the LiveCD, it will load up a black screen and remain there. There is no chance of me getting into the desktop. The same incident occurred for the upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic via the Update Manager. There seems to be some conflicts between the Karmic kernel and the Intel video driver that I am using. After some googling around, I realize that many people are having this problem as well and it occurs mainly for Intel drivers.
To solve this issue, the trick is actually very simple (though it took me two months to find out). Simply append “nomodeset” to the grub entry. Here’s the whole procedure.
(Note: The following procedure only applies to those who have Intel driver and have the black screen issue. Do not follow this tutorial if you do not have the issue. You are asking for trouble.)

Installing Karmic via the LiveCD

If you intend to wipe your computer and install Karmic fresh from the LiveCD, follow the procedure below.
Boot up the LiveCD

Press Enter to select English as the language.

At the main screen where it asks you if you want to try or install Ubuntu, press F6, follow by the ESC key. You will now see a command line at the bottom of the screen. Enter “nomodeset” (without the quote) at the end of the command line and press Enter.

ubuntukarmic-bootup-screen.png
You should be able to boot into the Ubuntu desktop now.
Note: If you have followed the exact same procedure and still see the black screen, most probably this method don’t work for you.

Play around with it and make sure everything works fine. Proceed with the installation. Once it is done, restart your computer.

During the restart, when you see the “Grub Loading” message, immediately press “ESC” to get to the grub menu.

Highlight the first entry and press “e” to edit the entry.
ubuntukarmic-grub-entry.png
Scroll down to the line that starts with “linux…” and move the cursor to the end. Enter “nomodeset”.
ubuntukarmic-edit-grub-entr.png
Press Ctrl + X to continue the booting process.
Once you are in the desktop, launch a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal).
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Scroll down to the line: “GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT” and add “nomodeset” at the end.
ubuntukarmic-edit-grub2.png
Save and exit.
In the terminal, type
sudo update-grub

Done. You can now boot up your Ubuntu Karmic without any problem (hopefully).
Upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic

I strongly advise you to do a clean installation of Karmic rather than upgrading from Jaunty. But if you really must, here’s the procedure. Before you begin, remember to test your system with the LiveCD first.
When upgrading from Jaunty, things are slightly different as you will be using the legacy Grub (instead of Grub 2) and there is a need to amend the xorg file. (Note: Ubuntu 9.10 does not use the xorg file)
Upgrade your Jaunty from the Update Manager. Once it is done, DO NOT restart your computer.
Open a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal),
sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

Scroll down to the end until you see the line starting with the word “kernel

Add “nomodeset” to the end.
ubuntukarmic-grub-menu2.png
Save and exit the file.

Next, type
sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Scroll down until you see the video section
Add in the line
Driver “Intel”
ubuntukarmic-xorg.png
Save and exit.
Close the terminal

Restart your computer. It should work (hopefully).
image credit: nasa1fan/MSFC
Fonte

no artigo diz q isto so se aplica a quem tem chip grafico intel mas n é bem assim, muito pelo contrario.
o kms actualmente ja esta a fucionar correctamente com intel, ja com ATi (nvidia n sei pq nunca testei, mas intel e ati falo por experiencia propria) da imensos problemas.

na versao .31 o kernel vinha com o kms enabled por default e tive problemas, dps la descobri q era dai os probs q tava a ter e o nomdeset resolveu me o problema. actualmente o .32 ja so vem com o kms enabled para quem estiver a correr intel.

nice post,

cumps!

Há uns tempos tive de recorrer à alteração do nomodeset precisamente por este problema. Acho estranho que um OS com a qualidade que a versão Karmic já tem este problema (cuja resolução não é trivial para non-techies) não tenha sido detectado e solucionado antes da release final.

Peço desculpa por estar a desenterrar isto mas estou com este problema e não há meio de resolvê-lo.

Tenho um Vaio VPC EB1J1E há uma semana. Pretendo instalar o Ubuntu, mas depois de muitas tentativas continuo sem conseguir.

Acontece que quando carrego em "Install Ubuntu" o ecrã fica preto, sendo impossível de realizar qualquer acção excepto o encerramento forçado do portátil. Já tentei fazer o que este guia sugere, mas com o mesmo resultado. Também já tentei instalar através do Alternate install, também sem sucesso.

Hoje, tentei o Linux Mint com, adivinhem, o mesmo ecrã preto depois de escolher "Instalar Linux Mint".

Já não sei o que fazer. Tentei todas as sugestões que encontrei na net mas não consigo. Também já tentei através da pen...

No desktop consigo instalar sem qualquer problema...

Agradecia que me ajudassem.

Cumps

EDIT: só vi agora o aviso para evitar pedir suporte neste subforum. Podem apagar que vou postar isto na outra secção.

Última edição:
Back