(http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/20604-hd-6850-with-1120-shaders-went-to-reviewers)Updated: Lower clocks but 1120 shaders
Some of the review sites have received some quite interesting Radeon HD 6850 samples, those that have all the 1120 shaders enabled. According to the posts, it is simply a matter of different BIOS and HD 6850 could end up with 1120 instead of the 960 Stream Processors.
Of course, this might end up to be just a few isolated cases in the beginning but hopefully users will be able to flash the BIOS and make such cards. Both the Techpowerup.com and Computerbase.de ended up with such a card. It would be interesting to see if any of those card actually ended up on the market and if some of the early adopters were lucky enough.
The big issue is that these sites scored much better results than what people will get with 960 shader enabled "normal" and regular Radeon HD 6850 card.
In any case, we'll see if these are just isolated cases or such cards actually did went to channel. You can check out the Techpowerup review here, while ComputerBase.de review is here.
Update: Wizzard from Techpowerup told us that although they did indeed receive the HD 6850 with 1120 shaders, the results in benchmark are achieved with a card that has 960 of them. Just to be clear, the results over at Techpowerup show the regular HD 6850 and not the one with 1120 shaders.
Depois desta notícia ter saído, o número de sites de reviews que receberam 6850s com 1120 Unified Shaders já vai em
- techPowerUp! -> http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6850/
- ComputerBase.de -> http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/grafikkarten/2010/test-amd-radeon-hd-6870-und-hd-6850-update/
- diit.cz -> http://www.diit.cz/clanek/test-rade...d-amd-problem-se-stream-procesory/37205/35011
- Extra Hardware -> http://extrahardware.cnews.cz/test-radeonu-hd-6870-6850-hry-spotreba-teploty
- Benchmark Reviews -> http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12388&Itemid=47
- Guru3D -> http://www.guru3d.com/news/radeon-6850-could-run-fine-with-6870-bios/
- Hardware Heaven -> http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...raphics-card-review-sapphire-radeon-6850.html
- Tweak Town -> http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3600/sapphire_radeon_hd_6850_1gb_video_card/index2.html
- Inside HW -> http://www.insidehw.com/Reviews/Graphics-cards/Radeon-HD-6850-Grinding-Diamonds/Page-4.html
- Think Computers -> http://www.thinkcomputers.org/sapphire-radeon-hd-6850-1gb-video-card-review/3/
- HT4U -> http://ht4u.net/reviews/2010/amd_radeon_hd_6850_hd_6870_test/
- Rage3D -> http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/video/amd_hd6800_launch_review_addendum/