1. Este site usa cookies. Ao continuar a usar este site está a concordar com o nosso uso de cookies. Saber Mais.

i865P Into A i875P?

Discussão em 'Novidades Hardware PC' iniciada por PandMonium, 31 de Maio de 2003. (Respostas: 1; Visualizações: 568)

1. PandMonium

PandMonium Power Member

Change your i865P motherboard into a i875P motherboard by just using a utility? Asus' enhanced "Springdale" motherboard may draw a baleful eye from Intel, which claims that certain enhancements the motherboard maker have added simply don't work. On Thursday, Asus published a press release claiming that users who purchased its high-end P4P800 Deluxe motherboard based on the Intel 865 "Springdale" chipset could add Intel's Performance Acceleration Technology (PAT) through a BIOS tweak. Essentially, the utility is a simple way to turn an Intel 865 board into a higher-performance, more expensive Intel 875 board.

PAT's memory optimizations result in a 3 to 5 percent performance advantage when turned on, according to Asus. PAT technology is also the most significant feature differentiating the Intel 865 and Intel 875 chipset families. Intel's 865 chipsets cost between $33 and $44 when purchased in lost of 1,000; Intel's 875 chipsets are priced at between $50 and $53 in the same quantities.

All users need to do to turn their Intel 865 chipset into an Intel 875 model is to enter the Asus BIOS setup utility, enter the "Advanced" menu, select the chipset configuration utility, and enable the "Memory Acceleration Mode", according to Asus. Officially, PAT is only a feature of the high-end Intel 875 chipset, not the Intel 865.
    Intel may not tolerate motherboard makers advertising simple methods of essentially overclocking an Intel 865 to an Intel 875 chipset by way of PAT. Asus removed, then reinstated its press release overnight.

Sources close to Intel indicated that Intel will probably ask Asus and other board vendors to stop claiming that they can add PAT to Intel 865 chipsets, although it remains to be seen whether motherboard makers will be permitted to simply rename their optimization techniques to something else.

Turn Your Intel 865 Board Into An Intel 875 Mobo In Four Easy Steps

se isto workar :003: :003: :003:

2. Raptor

Raptor OC Legend

Porque será que suspeito que isto poderá ser configurado pelo wpcredit?!?!? :P

Partilhar esta Página