ID Software e Valve falam da Wii

Mas os servidores eram diferentes. Além disso, um jogo como o CSS precisa de precisão. A diferença entre um óptimo e um péssimo jogador nota-se ao milímetro e não vai lá com analógicos. Ninguém comprou uma Xbox pa jogar CS. Para isso joga-se no PC.

(ainda não percebi qual é o hype todo á volta do jogo)
O hype à volta do jogo é ser o melhor FPS online do mercadp:P:P, é a mesma coisa com a Wii, pessoas perguntam "Ainda não percebi qual é o hype todo à volta da Wii" mas a maioria sabe qual é o hype.
CS por exemplo bate cod2 em tudo, gráficos, gameplay, até tem a componente de voz que evita a porcaria do TS, que é perfeita para tácticas, tem bons mapas, e os servers que frequento têm sempre admins presentes a banirem cheaters, coisa que não acontece no cod2, além disso a malta que frequenta CS é mais divertida e mais respeituosa, não começam logo a chamar nomes, e no CS os noobs podem ser noobs mas são gajos muita porreiros ao invés de cod2 em que não passam duns aziados (exepção de alguns).
Já para não falar da qualidade da War-Fusion que fornece servers de qualidade (o meu ping mais alto é 7:P:P), enquanto que no cod2 costumo ter 30 ou 60, já para não falar nos milhares de cheaters que frequentam cod2.
Isto são as minhas razões para querer um CS na Wii.

Mas os servidores eram diferentes. Além disso, um jogo como o CSS precisa de precisão. A diferença entre um óptimo e um péssimo jogador nota-se ao milímetro e não vai lá com analógicos. Ninguém comprou uma Xbox pa jogar CS. Para isso joga-se no PC.
Wiimote seria melhor que um analog. daí eu querer um CS ou TF2 ou Portal na Wii.

Eu lembro-me quando jogava no Xbox Live ainda da primeira Xbox, que o CS era um dos jogos mais populares no live(existia um rank mensal), mas é claro que é melhor jogar no PC.

Agora jogar um FPS numa consola com comando não é assim tão mau.. claro que com rato e teclado é muito mais preciso.. mas com o comando também podes estar por exemplo deitado no sofá a jogar.. é por isso que normalmente eu acho que as consolas são mais para os casual gamers.. que só querem mandar uns tiros e divertir-se um bocado em vez de se preocuparem com o seu mega 1337 score.

Cumps

Atenção que agora à dois tipo de jogar diferentes: os tipos last-gen (PS3 e Xbox) e os da geração actual (Wii).
PS: Estou a falar do modo de jogar e não da consola em si.

Não percebi a parte do last-gen e da geração actual, eu não quero entrar em guerrinhas dessas porque já não tenho idade para isso.

Eu sei de que estás a falar do modo de jogar, foi isso que eu disse, é claro que tem algumas limitações, por exemplo com o comando não te consegues virar tão depressa.. nunca tens a precisão de um rato, isso é certo.

Mas eu passei centenas de horas a jogar Halo 2 no live e passado um tempo uma pessoa habitua-se.. e consegue-se por exemplo nas snipers, fazer a distinção entre os bons e os maus jogadores, sim.

Atenção que agora à dois tipo de jogar diferentes: os tipos last-gen (PS3 e Xbox) e os da geração actual (Wii).
PS: Estou a falar do modo de jogar e não da consola em si.
Bom, só num aparte como leitor da thread... não apostem neste tipo de flamebait, já nos chega as pessoas que atacam como nós "não sendo next gen" não temos de retribuir a simpatia, next gen é tudo o que entra na 7ª geração de consolas (se calhar já nem deviamos chamar de next gen, dado que já é current gen) e por isso compete directamente (senão nas portáteis a PSP seria last gen ao lado da DS).

Percebo a ideia, toda a questão do "new-gen" mas o conceito "new gen" não pressupõe que a concorrência é last gen, mesmo que o principio da sua definição se prenda pelo gameplay base delas ser alegadamente equivalente ao que era possivel nas last gen, mas isso já era verdade para a geração anterior às 128-bits (N64, Psone com dual shock, etc.)

O que pressupõe é que as suas implementações mudam a forma como jogamos e irão ser standard; logo... um ponto de viragem.

Só um reparo que quis fazer (nem devia prolongar o offtopic)

Última edição:
Não digo que CS seja mau, mas só CS, só CS só CS. Um amigo meu descombina com a namorada para jogar CS. Ao menos que joga-se uma coisa melhor...

Mais Gabe Newell:

Eurogamer: Last week Microsoft cut the price of 360 in the UK and Sony didn't make any changes to the pricing structure for PS3 in Europe - what do you make of the current generation of consoles so far?

Gabe Newell:
The one that personally I find the most fun - this is an odd thing to say, because we don't have any development for it - is the Wii. That's the one I have at home. I think that their decision to invest in new input is right and sort of a jab with a stick to the rest of the industry about what makes games fun and what we should be thinking about. So I think it's been super-impressive what they've done. In eight months they've just passed up 360 [with sales], so it seems like they're selling them as fast as they can make them, and I think it's going to continue to be very successful for the foreseeable future.

Eurogamer: Obviously it's a very different sort of control system, but does it give you ideas for things you could be doing with PC products?

Gabe Newell:
Yeah, it's actually - there are sort of like false things to be worried about as a PC developer, and I sort of want to point out: where did all the graphics come from for the current generation? They're all PC-derived graphics, and I think that's a testament to the volumes of scale and the amount of capital investment going on in the PC space. That's why I'm not very worried. The thing that does worry me is input, because there is no Nintendo equivalent in the way there's an NVIDIA or ATI on graphics technology, living in the dog eat dog world of the PC space to drive all this technological innovation. There's no equivalent on the input side. So maybe Microsoft can step up there, or Logitech - that's where I feel, as a PC game developer, more exposed, in the fact that nobody can do anything other than mouse and keyboard and expect to be successful. I was just over there seeing the [Wii Fitness] board on Nintendo's booth, and I've got input envy! There are all these cool things, but it's been years since someone's come to us and said 'let's talk about building a controller that would be better than just a mouse and keyboard for what you're doing'. Nobody's even trying any more. I think that's a big exposure for us PC-focused game developers.

Eurogamer: And you'd like to see it, obviously.

Gabe Newell:
Oh absolutely. I'd love to see somebody do some leadership there.
Fonte: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82257&page=2

Entrevista com Tim Willits da Id Sofware:

BIZ: Predicting what the next big thing will be is always difficult. With the advent of the Wii and the snubbing of more powerful systems like the PlayStation 3, id's products don't translate well to lower-powered performers, so are there talks inside id to create smaller, faster engines that might give the smaller guys better visual quality but without all the overhead?

Tim Willits:
I'm not the best person to answer this question, but John Carmack has put Orcs & Elves on the DS and we had some good feedback on that already. John is working with Fountainhead – they're a smaller developer that works with us – and he's actually quite attracted to the smaller type of systems. Again, I don't want to speak for John, but he's always liked shorter development time, arcadey style type games, intuitive type gameplay, like what you have with the Wii. But we have no Wii plans right now but I wouldn't be surprised if we move more towards that direction especially if the DS product does well for us; then you can naturally see us moving into that kind of thing. John loves making games and I love making games and we can't make everyone happy all the time, but we can make ourselves happy and we can make most of the people happy most of the time, so it's all right.

BIZ: Also, it would seem like a smart business decision.

TW:
Because they sold, like, eleventy billion of them! [laughs]

BIZ: Everyone's going to go to whoever is selling the most and Nintendo's selling the most.

TW:
Plus I also really like the system. I have a ten-year-old and we play it all the time. There's some mistakes that some developers have made with it but I think that it's cool, it's fun and it really lets people interact with the game in a different way.
Fonte: http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/interview/?id=17313&page=2

he's actually quite attracted to the smaller type of systems. Again, I don't want to speak for John, but he's always liked shorter development time, arcadey style type games, intuitive type gameplay, like what you have with the Wii.
Força nisso, eu compro se o fizerem.

Eu nem por isso, parece que se preparam para fazer jogos básicos sem grande conteúdo em termos de profundidade e história para facturar na Wii

Tralha dessa já há ao pontapé.

Eu até estou indeciso em comprar uma Wii... não sou ''gamer viciado'', mas jogo de vez em quando... Se saísse um CS para a Wii, e principalmente o Episode2 do Half-Life... eu comprava... sem dúvida...

Eu nem por isso, parece que se preparam para fazer jogos básicos sem grande conteúdo em termos de profundidade e história para facturar na Wii

Tralha dessa já há ao pontapé.
Concordo, Doom 3 engine com esteroides para licenciar é que era de homem; e uma grande oportunidade para eles dado que não há middlewares de jeito optimizados para o equipamento.

Dito isto... Não digo que não ao suporte deles se fizerem jogos bons, e de um estudio como a Id espero algo bom tecnicamente. Também não acho que possam considerar o development assim tão simplista, sabemos que é mais barato, mas o que Carmack gosta é engines de garagem à moda do doom feitas por 3 gatos pingados... Na Wii podemos não estar a falar da tech5 mas não exageremos.
Eu até estou indeciso em comprar uma Wii... não sou ''gamer viciado'', mas jogo de vez em quando... Se saísse um CS para a Wii, e principalmente o Episode2 do Half-Life... eu comprava... sem dúvida...
Do que ouvi a Valve a falar... diria que HL2 é muito pouco provável quando eles disseram que querem fazer algo novo... IP novo sim, é muito provável.

Última edição:
Portal

Já viram este novo jogo da Valve? Este jogo é que caia que nem uma luva na Wii.

Portal™ is a new single player game from Valve. Set in the mysterious Aperture Science Laboratories, Portal has been called one of the most innovative new games on the horizon and will offer gamers hours of unique gameplay.

The game is designed to change the way players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment; similar to how Half-Life® 2’s Gravity Gun innovated new ways to leverage an object in any given situation.

Players must solve physical puzzles and challenges by opening portals to maneuvering objects, and themselves, through space.

Portal is coming in the Fall of 2007 as part of The Orange Box, which also includes Team Fortress® 2 and Half-Life® 2: Episode Two. The Orange Box will be available for the PC, as well as the Xbox® 360 and Playstation® 3 console systems.

E se fizesem uma versão do Portal para a Wii?

Site: http://orange.half-life2.com/portal.html
Trailer: http://orange.half-life2.com/trailers/portal.htm

Última edição:
Já viram este novo jogo da Valve? Este jogo é que caia que nem uma luva na Wii.

E se fizesem uma versão do Portal para a Wii?
Team Fortress 2, pelo seu aspecto cartoonístico é um jogo ideal para os fans Nintendo e a Wii.

Estou só a brincar, não resisti à piada , no flames :D

Agora a sério.. estou a ver por exemplo a arma de gravidade a ter potencial com a Wii... era bacano.

Cumps
Já foi pensado nisso nesta thread, mas duvido que aconteça.

Mais Gabe Newell a falar da Wii:

Edge: Obviously you’ve ported games between platforms before, but is there anything you’ve learned from developing for multiple platforms from the outset?

Gabe NewellN:
We’ve learned that you can create a framework where all you need to do is recompile for each of those three platforms. You know, that’s a sort of abstraction of our goal. With The Orange Box we could do that, so getting Left 4 Dead up on the 360 was like a day’s worth of work. It requires a big technology investment to be able to do that. I was pretty sceptical that we would; I thought there was going to be more work than that. I think in the longer term we’ll have the PS3 as well, but, to be honest, the biggest hole for us right now is the Wii.
Fonte: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7422&Itemid=61

Optimo, optimo; Orange pack a finalizar=pessoal livre... metam-se a trabalhar :D

EDIT: Mais Orcs and Elves Wii:

“We hope to be able to do Orcs and Elves on the Wii” - Fountainhead Entertainment’s Katherine Anna Kang
Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/anna-kang-talks.html

Para quem não sabe... Katherine Anna Kang=mulher do Carmack, e presidente da Fountainhead Entertainment que desenvolveu juntamente com Carmack os Orcs and Elves anteriores.

Oxalá expandam o conceito para uma home console, no entanto; se o fizerem pode sair algo de muito bom. (caso contrário... que seja Wiiware)

Mais uma entrevista da ID Software:

Gamasutra: Will you continue the Orcs & Elves franchise, then?

Anna Kang:
We were amazingly pleased. People loved it, and the critics really loved it, and from there, I think we’ve got a really good formula, so we could potentially have lots of different games. It’s a 6-month development cycle, and if it works, we continue on.

Will you stay with the mobile platform?

AK:
We’d like to be able to bring it to the Wii. One of the frustrations that we found in developing Orcs & Elves for DS is that we were really excited to have a bigger platform to work with — the downside was that there’s so much design, and so much story, that in looking at the DS, we had to cut back! We thought we would be able to bring more new things into the DS version, but there’s just not enough memory or the capability isn’t there.

The Wii version — we haven’t looked at the hardware specs, but I can’t imagine that we wouldn’t be able to fully flesh out some of the design elements that we hoped to bring to the game. There are a lot of things in the cell phone game we had to cut, it was so small.

The thing is, it’s not the hardware of the phones, it’s the carriers. We have certain limitations that we have to stay under. Those restraints are difficult to work under, and there’s only so much design you can create. So we had to cut out a lot.

On the DS, it’s great, because we could bring a lot of things back – but we weren’t able to bring everything. It was great, because we were able to learn a lot of things, and it was fun developing on the DS. We were really proud of it, and we would love to do this on the Wii too. Test the waters on small platforms, and then grow.

GS: Do you think you guys will bring Doom RPG to the DS?

AK:
Well, we’ve been talking about that. We would like to bring it to the DS, but there’s a real significant change that we’d like to make, and the interesting thing is that the DS is a much younger audience gaming platform. And Doom being Doom, we’re not sure whether a mature rated game would do well on the DS. The numbers show a lot of adults own them, but I think the current thing keeping Doom on the DS from happening is the marketing, and whether mature games have been released on the DS, and have they been successful?

(...)

To what extent is John involved with things at Fountainhead on a day-to-day basis?

AK:
For the most part, he comes up with the ideas, and then we will brainstorm, give it some flesh and once John is satisfied with the direction of it, he will let us go. Usually, what he will do is write the engine, and then we take it from there. I’m actually a pure designer. I don’t think I have the temperament to be a programmer!

One of the things that’s kind of difficult is, sometimes when John and I are talking design, he’ll go totally into the technical -- and what’s really funny is, an hour later we don’t understand what each other was saying! He’s talking code tech, and I’m talking story and character development, and we’ll be like, ‘what’d you say?!’ So sometimes it is a bit more trying, since I don’t have the programming experience.

Oftentimes, the way it works is that he will have to make sure that my programmers relate to me what my abilities are -- for instance, ‘this is the hardware spec, this is what we can and can’t do.’ Now from there, I have a quasi-empty canvas to work with.

It sounds like it was fun for you to add ideas back into the DS version of Orcs & Elves that you couldn’t include in the mobile version.

AK:
One of the things we did with the DS that we couldn’t in the cell phone version is the sheep -- if you shoot it, it turns to lamb chops. My original idea was Gaia the dragon as a food source, and if you let the bad guys escape, the sheep will run out.

The sheep don’t want to be eaten -- so a sheep will bite you if you try to eat it, and you will have to hunt the sheep, and then the sheep can go through the portals and you can chase them, and depending on how you approach it... I’m going on and on, and my programmers’ eyes are getting wider and wider and they’re like, “...you can't do that!”

So it becomes, ‘OK, tell me: from all the stuff I told you, what can we do? Because I want the sheep!!’ If we do have Orcs & Elves on the Wii, I want my running sheep that will bite you, and a bunch of these things that didn’t make it into the DS! It’s the kind of design vs. technology thing, where the technology really has to be there, to make sure to let me know what we’re capable of.

It works well in the sense that with John, the vast knowledge that he has, oftentimes tells my programmers, 'this is the direction, this is what we need to do, and if it’s possible then we want to make sure to leave room, but if not, the design has to conform to the tech.'

So what’s next for you guys?

AK:
Well, I don’t think I can talk about it yet -- we definitely have another cool game coming up. I hope we are able to do Doom RPG on the DS, and Orcs & Elves on the Wii, and we’re really excited that Orcs & Elves on the DS and Orcs & Elves 2 on the cell phone will [both] be out on the holidays.

There are so many cool things we are able to do that we’re really excited to let people take a look at it, because it is our first foray into the DS. If things work out, we would love to bring Orcs & Elves 2 on the DS, because there were so many awesome things I couldn’t get in the DS version. It would be really fun!
Fonte: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15909

Bom de saber que a inclusão de uma plataforma mais potente para eles significa expandir todo o conceito para as coisas que não conseguiam fazer anteriormente.

Mais Valve: (rumores)

Rumor 101: Portal coming to the Wii

It isn’t an industry secret that Nintendo’s wonder machine has managed to captivate the global audience. From being at the butt end of the industry to becoming a global phenomenon, this little mean machine has proved to be quite an assailant for its so-called powerful brethrens.

Many noted developers have already pledged their support for the console and its following just keeps on growing. Gabe Newell has already dished out his plate of hatred for Sony’s Uber machine and the biggest hole for Valve being the Wii.

Well time is such a beauty because industry grapevine has it that after the tremendous success of the Orange Box, the top brass at Valve is CONTEMPLATING developing for the Wii, and it isn’t any high and mighty Half Life port, it’s the little puzzle platformer “Portal” form the Orange Box. This game is touted to be a stand-alone product with an additional bunch of levels extending the playtime of the game and will take full advantage of Nintendo’s waggle. An elegant game on an elegant console, the “Narbacular Drop” is finally going to fill in the big hole Newell was talking about.

Portal on the Wii actually makes a lot of sense. Trying to port the entire contents on the Source engine on Nintendo’s Wii might be a valiant task for the guys at Valve. They’ve already tried and were moderately successful when they ported Half Life 2 on the original Xbox. Portal on the other hand will not tax the Wii’s processing power and yet provide a satisfying experience. In addition to all of the above reasons, Nintendo’s console has already been the powerhouse of such innovative titles and this game will just take the trend forward.

Learn more on this “contemplating” rumor from Valve in the near future.
Fonte: http://www.gameguru.in/puzzle/2007/29/rumor-101-portal-coming-to-the-wii/

Será?

Back