PS3 inFAMOUS (Sucker Punch, SCE)

TGS 08 - IGN Preview

Checking in on Sucker Punch's super hero

After just one day, massive amounts of information have already sprung out of the Tokyo Game Show and there are many things to discuss. One particularly item that might be appetizing to PlayStation fans is Sucker Punch's upcoming super hero story, Infamous. A third-person action game that places you in control of electrically charged Cole, Infamous was on display behind closed doors and I had the opportunity to check it out.

We've seen Infamous a number of times before, so make sure to check out our previous coverage for extensive details. During today's session, the basics of the game were once again covered but a new mission and new powers were the real center of attention. But in case you haven't followed the game previously, Infamous' main character, Cole, has been bestowed with extraordinary, electricity-based powers and lives with them in a city wrought with chaos and violence. Besides being placed in numerous moral dilemmas, Cole also moves along a path of discovery as he learns more about his powers and the mysterious plague that's spreading through the city and spawning creatures called Reapers.

The new mission was referred to as "Blood Trail" and began with Cole in a park area of the now ruined Empire City. Cole quickly climbed up a lamppost and looked out at the neon signs and weary pedestrians inhabiting the hazy streets. The representative took a few moments to terrorize the pedestrians with a few quick electrical blasts, but used a charge of healing energy to revive them. How very nice.

Cole soon began battling the quick-moving Reapers that used a variety of weapons, including machine guns. After taking out a few enemies, Cole found a woman's body lying on the street. Using one of his powers, coined "Post Cognition" for now, he could peer into the residual electrical impulses of the woman's brain and see her thoughts. After discovering that her husband was taken away by Reapers, Cole could project a ghostly image onto the screen and followed it towards the abducted man.

On the way, more Reapers were fought and decimated. Cole's abilities were surprisingly cool, as he can chain lightning across a series of objects and cause immense damage to the environment. I also learned that Cole can, when in a pinch, absorb electricity out of a civilian in quite the vampiric fashion. This obviously doesn't bode well for the civilian, though.

The representative playing the game also fought against several suicide Reapers, which would attempt to detonate themselves near Cole in a flurry of fire and smoke. The explosions were quite spectacular, even with the game running in such an early state. The ending battle took place inside a giant transformer area, where Cole coated the entire structure in electricity and completely decimated his surroundings -- Reapers included.

Although I've never been terribly excited about Infamous, seeing the game in person definitely has me excited now. I'm curious as to how the title will look once Sucker Punch begins polishing the overall experience.

:D

O início do próximo ano vai arrasar... Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, inFamous, Tales of Vesperia e Star Ocean (estes 2 na "concorrência").

Também estou bastante curioso quanto a este e o Prototype que parecem bastante parecidos e estão previstos sair aproximadamente na mesma altura.

Não há nenhum vídeo do TGS?

Também estou bastante curioso quanto a este e o Prototype que parecem bastante parecidos e estão previstos sair aproximadamente na mesma altura.

Não há nenhum vídeo do TGS?

Ainda não encontrei nenhum para já :\
Se encontrar posto aqui... estou interessado neste novo nível :D

Tenho gostado mais deste do que do Prototype até ver. Acho este último algo desinspirado, com um cenário pouco atractivo e uma personagem algo banal.

Algumas imagens novas aqui.

Este artwork está brutal...

me00010196592xe6.jpg

:O

Adorei o jogo:D:D:D, o jogo que mais me marcou acho que foi o Sly e quando nao fizeram mais eu fiquei decepsionado e agora aparece isto dos mesmos criardores e "mais ou menos" do mesmo genero; mas um jogo pa lista:P : Little Big Planet e InFamous... o problema é o dinheiro os jogos da ps3 sao muito caros.:(
este jogo é para quando?, num dos videos diz 2008

Última edição:
Adorei o jogo:D:D:D, o jogo que mais me marcou acho que foi o Sly e quando nao fizeram mais eu fiquei decepsionado e agora aparece isto dos mesmos criardores e "mais ou menos" do mesmo genero; mas um jogo pa lista:P : Little Big Planet e InFamous... o problema é o dinheiro os jogos da ps3 sao muito caros.:(
este jogo é para quando?, num dos videos diz 2008

Essa data foi dita quando o jogo foi apresentado, no entanto já foi adiado para a Primavera do próximo ano ;)

E este é mais um jogo que também devo investir... Acho que vou ter de arranjar mais 1 trabalho...

Já são muitos jogos que me parecem todos bons, e eu a querer comprá-los todos! :(

A Sucker Punch deveria dar mais novidades do jogo. O Killzone 2 sai +/- na mesma altura e vemos muito mais à volta do Killzone. E sim, Old Snake, é só repetitividade de ataques, o que é mau para eles porque quem vê isto pensa que é sempre o mesmo. Era bom darem mais a falar da história, personagens.

18:13:34 -the_dudefather asks: Apart from being good or evil, are there other ways to shape your character, such as customisation options, upgradable skills, etc.? And how may super powers will you be able to have?

Nate Fox: I can't wait to tell you the answer to that... in a couple of months.

But I can say this: your Cole and my Cole are not the same.
Interessante :)

18:52:46 -the_dudefather asks: Are there vehicles to drive? And, more importantly, can we run over people and break its legs off?

Nate Fox: I will never understand the mind of the UK gamer.
Lolada :x2:

18:55:14 -Ellie asks: Sometimes when you walk in a games shop it all seems to be shooters or Wii mini-game collections, and not much else. Do people really still want action-adventure games?

Nate Fox: I really hope so! I mean, games are about giving people new experiences. If you've ever wanted to have that feeling of becoming a superhero, inFamous is the game for you.

I don't think its going to suffer because it's not a WWII first-person shooter.
Lolada 2 :x2:

New inFamous inFo inComing

We know many of you have been looking to see more on inFamous. Sucker Punch is hard at work on the title, and so with 2009 almost upon us, we thought it would be a good time to give you an update.

Tune in tonight for an exclusive look at inFamous on G4TV’s X-Play at 8 pm EST, 5 pm PT.

Then, on Friday afternoon, look out for IGN’s first hands-on reveal. Sucker Punch’s Nate Fox, game director, also will be making his blog debut on Friday to give you the lowdown on where the team is with development and what’s to come.

Stay tuned …

:D

Finalmente, novos vídeos :D

Hands On Preview

Nate Fox Interview

Algumas informações retiradas dos vídeos:

-New area shown. Much less run down than the original demo/shown media areas.
-Melee combat is much better now. Punches, kicks and combos shown.
-Supervillain boss fight and setup shown: He poisoned the city's water supply and it makes everyone sick. You get sprayed with the toxin while trying to help and start to hallucinate. You go in and out of consciousness while the boss taunts you and tries to turn you evil.
-NPC character sidekick introduced. She's a friend from before the blast and runs around healing everyone in the city. She also healed you after you got knocked out by the posion, setting up the boss encounter.
-Health regen over time ala pretty much every current-gen game.
-Electricity tied into melee attacks/combos.
-Cops will ask for help in the city. The given example was to help recover a Police Station from baddies. If you do, the station's reopened. If you don't, that section of the city no longer has any police presence.
-NPC negative reactions to you included posting anti-Cole propaganda posters and smack talk.
-Behavior/choices affects future in the game
-New powers unlocked every 4-5 missions. Plus upgrades of each via story arc completions.
-Powers used to solve puzzles etc.
-Transportation "power" unlocked during the game.
-LOTS of supervillains, you're the only (possible)hero.

Adorei o que vi. O jogo melhorou em diversos aspectos. Nota-se que houve uma mudança na animação dele a correr (isto tinha sido um dos problemas apontados por muita gente aquando da demonstração na E3). O combate corpo-a-corpo também está bem melhor.

O facto das nossas acções poderem modificar o rumo dos acontecimentos é outro detalhe muito importante. A nossa interacção com os NPC deverá ser bem mais importante do que o que estamos acostumados a ver neste tipo de jogos.

A cena dos poderes deixa-me com grandes expectativas. O conceito é espectacular, e se for bem feito... temos aqui jogo :D

Back