Intel to push development of Mini-ITX form factor mini PCs

mascarilha

I folded Myself
Intel to push development of Mini-ITX form factor mini PCs, say sources

Intel plans to push the market for mini PCs by promoting sales of motherboards based on the Mini-ITX form factor developed by VIA Technologies, starting in the second quarter of this year, according to sources at Taiwan motherboard makers.

According to Intel's roadmap, the Mini-ITX will be one of the form factors for the platforms based on entry-level processors, and Intel will also recommend that PC makers use Mini-ITX motherboards for the production of small- form-factor (SFF) PCs, the sources indicated.

Intel also recommends the use of SIS662 integrated chipsets from Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) for the production of Mini-ITX motherboards, the sources revealed

Although currently mini PCs are available from a number of companies, including AOpen, Shuttle and Acer, production of those SFF PCs are rather limited due to a lack of industry standards, the sources noted.

Wen-chi Chen, president and CEO of VIA Technologies, also touted the merits of the Mini-ITX form factor for the development of mini PCs and welcomed all PC makers to join the Mini-ITX club to expand the market size.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20070122PD207.html

cumps

Boards destas com suporte MXM (e placas MXM à venda, já agora) dava uma boa opção para media-centers. Foram umas anunciadas na CES, pela Liantec.

Isto é só para chatear a AMD k tb esta a desenvolver um novo formato para miniPC's, dps do fiasco do BTX axo k é melhor deixarem outros criar o standard.

Intel Supports VIA Mini-ITX Platform

Intel plans to push the market for mini PCs by promoting sales of motherboards based on the Mini-ITX form factor developed by VIA starting in the second quarter of this year. Mini-ITX will be one of the form factors for the platforms based on entry-level processors, and Intel will also recommend that PC makers use Mini-ITX motherboards for the production of SFF PCs. However, Intel recommends the use of SiS662 integrated chipsets for the production of Mini-ITX motherboards instead of VIA.

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=4518
cumps

Back