iPhone update 1.1.1 - inutiliza alguns modificados

anamnesies

Power Member
Várias fontes indicam que há muito iPhone por esse mundo fora a transformarem-se em pisa-papeis de 399$...

ArsTechnica disse:
Sources at Apple are telling us that the inability to activate the iPhone is their definition of "bricking." Current attempts to reactivate across the web are failing (including our friends at Giz), and therefore the iPhone cannot be used to do anything—no phone calls, no Safari, no iPod, nothing. An unlocked iPhone that runs firmware update 1.1.1 is unusable no matter what SIM is in it. The iPhone Dev Team is currently trying to find a way around the activation.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/09/27/what-does-and-doesnt-work-with-iphone-1-1-1

MacWorld disse:
guess Apple was telling the truth. I decided to try the 1.1.1 iPhone update on my unlocked and hacked phone. The process went along just fine until the iPhone restarted. Then I got a message on the screen that I had an incorrect SIM. I took the SIM out of the iPhone and put it in my old Treo, and it worked—I called my phone and it rang as expected.
Guess I’ll be headed to an AT&T store soon to try and get a new SIM card…

[Update]

Walked (well, more like ran) over to the nearest AT&T store. I told them my iPhone stopped working and that iTunes told me I needed a new SIM card (both true). The guy said no problem, and handed me a new SIM. He told me to install it, connect to iTunes, and activate the SIM with my existing account. Just got back, popped in the SIM, and no luck—getting the same errors.

http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/09/bricking_my_ipod_1.php

Engadget disse:
As we're sure a few readers have noticed, unlocked iPhones upgraded to 1.1.1 today aren't exactly unlocked anymore. Unlocking aside, the jailbreaking procedure that was used to load pretty much every application onto firmwares of old isn't working at the moment, so it seems the community's got a little work ahead of it in the next few hours. In the meantime, though, iPhoneSimFree has updated its site with the results of preliminary testing on the latest revision. The good news for buyers is that they apparently aren't getting the "Incorrect SIM" lockdown messages being observed by some anySIM users -- the bad news, though, is that you've gotta reactivate the darned thing with your original AT&T SIM after the upgrade takes place, then you're cool after that. Until the jailbreak is reestablished, activations won't be possible with alternative SIMs. EDGE usage looking a little lighter at the moment, there, T-Mobile?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/27/iphonesimfree-unlocked-iphones-require-atandt-sim-to-reactivate/

UPDATE: parece que alguns donos de iBricks estão a conseguir safar-se, indo às Apple Stores, onde os Geniuses devem estar a fazer um reflash ao firmware

TUAW disse:
Apple continues posting warning signs around their stores, cautioning customers that unlocked and modded iPhones fall outside their warranty. And at the same time, Apple Geniuses around the country quietly are reportedly accepting bricked iphones, slipping into the back and returning with functioning units.

We're not sure whether they're doing a low-level reflash or just swapping units out. We have reports of at least four customers who walked in with iBricks and walked out with iPhones. It is unclear at this time whether these customers unlocked their iPhones or not--we're also receiving reports of iBricks from people who never unlocked or modded their units.

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/27/apple-geniuses-are-reportedly-unbricking-iphones/

Última edição:
Espero que sabias qual a informação que estás a colocar!

Não está em causa estares 'brickados' mas sim o facto de depois de terem feito o update e de haver a necessidade de reactivar os cartões da AT&T. Existe ainda a complacencia da Apple de 'ajudar' quem desbloqueou os seus iPhones e reactivá-los

O pânico não leva a nada e deverias de mudar o tírulo da mensagem!

Seavoices, não vou mudar, visto que há reports bem fundamentados de iPhones presos na activação depois do update para o novo firmware. Dei-me ao trabalho de reunir fontes credíveis para fundamentar o título do post, especialmente depois de ver que há um topic a argumentar o contrário. Se tivesses lido pelo menos alguns dos quotes que coloquei, percebias que não há nada de errado com o título do post.

E já agora, está confirmado (e citado acima) que o iPhone não reactiva, mesmo com cartões novos da AT&T. Read before posting, please.

Isto vai ser como na PSP.

Não obrigam a actualizar para o último firmware se nós não quisermos.

Ficamos é sem acesso às novas features até que o novo firmware seja crackado, tal e qual como se passa na PSP.

Seavoices, não vou mudar, visto que há reports bem fundamentados de iPhones presos na activação depois do update para o novo firmware. Dei-me ao trabalho de reunir fontes credíveis para fundamentar o título do post, especialmente depois de ver que há um topic a argumentar o contrário. Se tivesses lido pelo menos alguns dos quotes que coloquei, percebias que não há nada de errado com o título do post.

E já agora, está confirmado (e citado acima) que o iPhone não reactiva, mesmo com cartões novos da AT&T. Read before posting, please.

Se alguns ficam inutilizados, talvez fizesse sentido mudares o título do tópico para "iPhone update 1.1.1 - INUTILIZA alguns iPhones modificados".

A questão acaba por ser: vais tentar transmitir a informação mais exacta possível ou, por orgulho ou teimosia, deixar como está?

Estou no irc da iphone dev team, um user conseguiu reverter o firmware do novo para o velho, renomeando os ficheiros

estou a espera de confirmação

[PC]Räzzo;2053879 disse:
Estou no irc da iphone dev team, um user conseguiu reverter o firmware do novo para o velho, renomeando os ficheiros

estou a espera de confirmação

Exacto , já se consegue reverter o firmware , corre todas as apps 3rd party no entanto a função Phone não está a funcionar.

(Ou seja neste momento o iPhone é muito pouco mais que o Touch para o pessoal dos bricks - firmware 1.0.2)

Se alguns ficam inutilizados, talvez fizesse sentido mudares o título do tópico para "iPhone update 1.1.1 - INUTILIZA alguns iPhones modificados".

A questão acaba por ser: vais tentar transmitir a informação mais exacta possível ou, por orgulho ou teimosia, deixar como está?

Raar, a tua sugestão faz sentido, e como tal, mudei o nome do topic. Apenas o faço agora, por não ter lido mais cedo.

Back