Is there any way to replace Graphics Card of DV6 6050SE

simmbadon

Membro
Hi

I have an old machine HP DV6 6050SE. It has an AMD graphics card. My machine was not able to boot so I reinstalled Windows 10 on it.

After new Windows installed, it was working fine but after sometime when its graphics card driver gets updated, it started against problems.

This happened 3 to 4 times. Whenever I reinstall Windows starts working fine but after updating the graphics card driver, it again starts the problems.

I wanted to know if it is a driver issue or is the hardware issue of graphics card? And if it is a hardware issue, then is it possible to replace the graphics card of HP DV6 6050SE ??

It could be another thing, actually. I've had that behavior, and it basicly meant that the GPU chip was already in a very bad state. It just can't handle any advanced features, only the basics from the windows default. If no driver versions work, that's probably it. Try several of the older ones.

Sounds like a driver issue... Roll back to previous driver and prevent w10 from updating it again https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/ho...from-automatically-updating-hardware-drivers/
As far as I know, there is only one version of the driver. I couldn't find any other version for that AMD card driver. Today, when the same happened again on updating the graphics driver, I was not able to log on...

Then I boot the machine in Safe Mode. From safe mode, I successfully logged in to my windows account. From there I uninstalled the graphics driver from the device manager and restart the system.

This time after uninstalling the driver, I was able to log in normally.

Back