PC Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

Korben_Dallas

Zwame Advisor
Initially, you'll be able to exhibit only a single species of dinosaur, though the game has 25 different land-based dinos that'll eventually be available to you. You "unlock" new dinosaurs by researching their respective DNA strands, and you acquire their DNA strands using the game's "fossil hunt" menu. This world interface lets you send a team of archeologists to one of numerous digs scattered around the world, and as you earn more money in the park, your team of scientists will be able to extract DNA from fossils at a faster rate. Once you have the necessary DNA, you can choose to research it further in order to produce the highest-quality strand possible. Good DNA strands lead to dinosaurs with lower mortality rates, among other hereditary advantages.

Your dinosaurs will eventually hatch at the hatchery. Interestingly enough, a single hatchery will be able to produce all 25 of the game's unique dinosaur types, but doing so probably isn't advisable. That's because each dinosaur has unique AI that's completely unscripted. Carnivores will prey on herbivores, aggressive dinosaurs will fight over territory, and weaker species will band together in packs for protection. As in the movie, the dinosaurs in Operation Genesis have to be compatible with each other in order to be placed together. Otherwise, you'll have to construct separate pens for each of the species, lest they wreak havoc and create a PR nightmare for your park. And if you don't upkeep and upgrade your fences, some dinosaurs will eventually be able to break through them. Luckily, using either the aforementioned helicopter or the jeep from the ranger station, you'll be able to chase down rogue reptiles with ease.

As you'd expect, the game will have more than 30 different structures--each with a unique characteristic--including kiosks that sell food and beverages, bathrooms that provide relief, and attractions like jeep tours and balloon rides. Operation Genesis will let you build and maintain a park of your choosing at your own pace, or you can take on one of its 12 objective-based missions. One such level tasks you with rescuing Jurassic Park entrepreneur John Hammond from a pack of hungry raptors, while another is like an unscripted version of Pokémon Snap, in which you're tasked with driving the jeep around the island and taking photographs of a specific group of dinosaurs, who'll be busy interacting with their environments. Operation Genesis will also have a third mode called site B that will let you drop as many dinosaurs as you want on an empty island in order to watch them interact with each other. You'll see them form herds, attack each other, sleep, eat, drink, and even poop.

The designers at Blue Tongue have said that there won't be any airborne or aquatic dinosaurs in Operation Genesis--they've got to save something for the expansion pack--but the game's 25 dinos and 35 structures should provide endless hours of building, researching, and maintaining for the closet builder, researcher, and maintenance man or woman in all of us. Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is scheduled for release on the PC sometime in the first quarter of 2003, and PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions will follow shortly thereafter. We'll have more information on all three versions as their respective release dates approach, but in the meantime, take a look at the latest batch of screenshots and videos of Operation Genesis.
fonte: gamespot.com

jpark.jpg

mais pics e artigo original aqui

Pelos vistos parece um GRANDE JOGO... snif lembra-me das longas horas que passei a jogar o Jurassic Park para Mega Drive... grande jogo! O da SNES tb estava mt bacano (modo FPS!). Para alem destes jogos os unicos que se aproveitavam foi o Tresspasser (99% nao gostou eu achei o jogo excelente) e o shooter da SEGA nas arcades (LINDO!).

Enfim acho que vou passar umas belas horas a frente deste jogo... os graficos estao excelentes (reparem nas reflexoes na agua) e o jogo promete muito!

Última edição:
foi ao gamespot ver o jogo e nao consigo ver as imagens isto é uma cena estranha que ja me ta a acontecer a lots de tempo,mas só no gamespot....>(
mas pela imagem que esta aí perece-me bastante bom.:cool:

venha ele...

LINDO!!!

finalmente um jogo como deve de ser do Jurassic Park... já estava a espera a muitos anos... foram todos uma desilusão...

ps: Korben, tens o tresspasser? n me queres "emprestar?" :D

Blue Tongue Software and Sierra have silently released a playable demo of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, the upcoming management sim that places the player in the role of the manager of an island dinosaur attraction. This demo clocks 78MB and provides you with both missions and open ended sim gameplay. Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is slated for release in March 2003 on the PC, PS2 and Xbox.
fonte: gameguru

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Estou com grandes expectativas em relação a este game mas vou ter de esperar por um mirror Nacional... se alguém o testar entretanto vá dando feedback :)

parece que temos um pitesco no forum, já começo é a estar cheio de tanto xx nas palavras.....

desculpem o offtopic, mas irrita-me

Fred AMG, se nao for pedir demais escreve de forma a que se entenda....

Elah, granda thread digging :lol:

Sem ofensa, mas esse jogo não me parece que tenha lá grandes gráficos...
Nem para a altura de 2003, mt menos para a actualidade.

Jurassic Park - operation genesis

:arrow:Boa-noite!

Eu já passei o jogo: Jurassic Park: operation Genesis, há uns 3 anos. Emprestaram-me.

Achei o jogo simplesmente espectacular, apesar de os gráficos das pessoas não serem muito realistas, os dos dinossauros são muito mais. O objectivo é criar o parque da melhor forma e ir evoluindo, até ter 5 estrelas.

A questão é que eu gostaria de ter o jogo completo, mas não o consigo encontrar para download sem ser demo:confused:. Gostaria que me ajudassem, se encontrassem algum site, e me explicassem como instalar.

:arrow:O resto de uma boa-noite.

Back