Wii Madworld (Platinum Games, Sega)

Jack Thompson to the rescue!
Por muito que goste desse estilo não sei se aguento estar a olhar para isso mais de 1 hora. Percebi que o jogo tem relato, se assim for é muito fixe!

Bem, acho o estilo do jogo FANTÁSTICO:drooling::drooling::drooling:.
Adoro o art-direction que escolheram, e este MadWorld juntamente com o Fragile, FF: Crystal Chronicles, novo Kid Icarus, novo Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Day of Disaster, Conduit e certamente mais jogos a anunciar da Big N fazem uma lista de esclusivos para a Wii que deve calar os que insistem na falta de jogos para esta. Uma coisa é certa não vou ter $$ para tanto jogo:(, e o Brawl inda nem saíu por cá *sigh*!!!!

Espero que não haja censura para estes lados. Bem, censurar isto era... impedir o lançamento do jogo. :-D Tem um visual espetacular, mal posso esperar!

Preview do IGN:

In Mad World from Platinum Games, the main character tears through a hyper-stylized black and white city and impales his enemies on a wall of spikes... five or six times in a row, puling them off to fleshy, sucking noises and then tossing them back on again in a gruesome display of blood and gore. He hurls an opponent into a nearby dumpster. The man falls forward, his upper body hanging out of the receptacle, and then the lid comes slamming down, cutting his torso in half as blood rains down upon the streets. He grabs hold of a nearby sign post, which reads, ironically, 'caution,' and he stabs the bottom end of it through another character's eye, walking the agonized foe around the street before launching him into the air and against a nearby wall. And then he fires up a chainsaw, which just so happens to be connected to his right arm, grinding the blade into the head and then body of an unlucky antagonist. Suddenly, a gigantic dartboard rises from the street and the main character begins swinging away with a baseball bat, violently knocking foes airborne and at the board for points. "Splaaaaaaaaat!" reads a comic-book-like font as characters are sent spinning toward the giant target. This is a mini-game and it's called Man Darts. No -- seriously.

(...)

A couple of days ago, a blurry video of Mad World leaked to the Internet and within minutes it was duplicated 10 times over on YouTube. Platinum Games' Inaba is on the stage now and he's just shown that same video -- running in widescreen glory on a gigantic projector screen set up in the middle of a trendy oceanside bar / restaurant. The room is packed full of journalists, all of them cheering, as Inaba introduces the project lead. "Nishikawa has worked on Dino Crisis 2, Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 4," he says and pauses. "Sorry. I forgot Dino Crisis 3. But I think he would like to forget that one, too." Nishikawa takes the stage, everybody laughing, and adds, "I wish I could forget Dino Crisis 3."

"Mad World is made up of two concepts," says Nishikawa. "The first key concept within Mad World is the stark black and white graphics. This is to further emphasize the violence, as represented by the stark red blood. The other key concept is that we didn't want to create a game that was depraved or perverse, but rather, featured comical, over-the-top violence so that anyone could enjoy it." At this, there's more laughter in the audience.

Inaba interrupts. "Perhaps some of you guys have already seen this trailer." By this time, we've already watched it on our computer monitors, squinting, a dozen or more times. "So today, I have prepared a special demo exclusively for San Francisco." Our jaws drop as Nishikawa picks up a Wii remote and nunchuk and begins to play. The aforementioned carnage ensues.

Mad World's black and white visual style has clearly been inspired by Frank Miller's Sin City, a truth that Nishikawa admits. The look is beautiful and boldly different than any other videogame presentation, hardly surprising from the talent pool responsible for such artsy graphic styles as those powering Okami and Viewtiful Joe. What strikes us immediately is just how can be seen and identified within the industrial city streets despite the monochrome color scheme. There's a great deal of definition to the bulky main character, Jack, and his foes. When Jack walks into a well-lit area, his face becomes white with the illumination. In the darkness, its black with white outlines. Even with massive particle bloodshed and camera sweeps, the framerate is rock solid.

Later, when we have a chance to sit down with all four on-hand Platinum Games employees and we asked Inaba if Wii's inherent technical limitations had anything to do with Mad World's ultra-stylized look. "It actually had nothing to do with the limitations of the Wii hardware," he explains. "In fact, we're not using the Wii hardware to full capacity just yet. It was unrelated to technical limitations, but more of a lineup issue. On PS3 and 360, there are a lot of action games, but on the Wii we felt we could really make a difference in the lineup and provide something unique to the user."

We ask Inaba about the Mad World's storyline. We've seen an incredibly amount of blood and guts, but we don't know yet know why chainsaw-equipped Jack is on the gory rampage. "It's a story that we feel will motivate the player to move forward and keep the same comical, over-the-top nature and while we are preparing a very fun and interesting story, we will talk more about that in the future," he offers, holding back on further details for the moment.

Nishikawa adds a little more. "The game is not just about killing people. We're looking to create the most interesting and unique gameplay experience that we can. One of the key elements in the game is an entity called the Death Watch and within that context, we're trying to create the most interesting rule structure so while you're going around beating the hell out of people, you're also fitting in with the game world itself." He can't just bring up this 'Death Watch' and leave it at that. We press him for more on the subject and he pauses for a half minute as he tries to explain it. "It's difficult for me to explain without going into a lot of depth about the game itself. But a very simple analogy is to compare Death Watch to a baseball game and the key player is Jack, and the actions that he makes fall within the realm of this sport activity. So there are people watching and there's a scoring system involved." We ask, like the movie Running Man? "Something similar to that, yes."

So what is Jack's motivation? How did he get himself into this predicament? These are details that Nishikawa guards a little closer. "Jack himself doesn't just jump in and start killing people. There's actually a story involved and he does have a personal motivation for why he's in there. And there's a certain element that he's in there because he has to be and not necessarily because he wants to be."

In the demo we've just watched, Jack seems highly destructive with melee weapons, but we haven't yet spotted any guns. We ask Nishikawa if the character will be able to use projectile weapons and if so, will he be able to dual-wield them? He doesn't yet know. While the staff has bombarded him with ideas, he's still considering the possibilities. "One of the things that's really guiding my decision process is, whatever weapons Jack uses, how will they be seen within the game's context? So for a gun, you're just going to shoot it but you won't really see anything necessarily. So I think there's a gravity toward melee types of weapons. Not just melee weapons for the sake of it necessarily, but something that is a little more visually appealing."

This answer jives with a detail Inaba adds -- specifically, that Mad World will focus on using the Wii remote's accelerometer. "The game actually does not use the infrared pointer. We didn't want it to be a game where you had to very carefully point and click. Because it's an action game, we felt that the motions were much better suited."

Controls are being tweaked, but from the looks of it, Jack is controlled through the world with the nunchuk's analog stick. The camera follows him via a traditional third-person behind-the-back viewpoint. As the characters draws closer to enemies, players can press the B-trigger to kick-start violent death sequences. Some of these waggle. For instance, gamers will flick the Wii remote forward to send bodies flying in Man Darts. (That really is what it's called.) Meanwhile, we presume taps and combos influence other stand-offs. Jack approaches and dukes it out with another foe during the demo. He punches the character twice in the stomach and on his third blow, his fist rips through his enemy's chest, where he grabs the beating heart inside, pulls it out in a disgustingly gruesome showcase of blood splatters, and then squashes it in his hand. And from what we've been told, this exaggerated level of violence is only the tip of the iceberg.

We've often stated that Wii developers need to push the console from a stylistic perspective since they will not be able to compete with the sheer horsepower of other systems. Having seen Mad World up close, we're thrilled that one of the best software houses in the world completely agrees. Platinum Games has with its first official Wii effort created not only one of the console's most beautiful games, but one with real gameplay substance and seemingly smart controls. Here is also a project unabashedly centered on the hardcore audience. Mad World has skyrocketed to the tip-top of our most wanted list and we are officially putting all Wii owners on (blood) red alert: prepare to go 'Mad' sometime next year.
Fonte: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/874/874210p1.html

Muito bom :D (eu queria cortar partes denecessárias da preview, mas toda ela é interessante e com detalhes)... Óptima atitude dos developers, incluindo as razões que os levaram a ir por aqui, aparentemente algo "diferentes" das que o IGN queria :-D

O que eu mais temo neste jogo são os senhores lá do poleiro da censura que receio que quando ele estiver para sair vão mandar vir forte e feio!! Esperemos bem que não porque sem dúvida que o jogo tá BRUTAL!!! Cada vez que olha para as imagens não posso deixar de esboçar um sorriso e desejar de o ter já na minha Wii!!

Finalmente um grande exclusivo third party na Wii já era sem tempo!!!

E ah gostei muito desta frase:
"We felt that the Wii Marketplace had too many of the same type of games - there was something missing in the line-up, that's why we created such a game as Mad World."

Muita boa gente havia de ouvir e ler com atenção o que este senhor disse e mudar a sua posição acerca da Wii!! Por amor de Deus já chega de jogos da treta que têm como único objectivo o dinheiro fácil!!!

Muita boa gente havia de ouvir e ler com atenção o que este senhor disse e mudar a sua posição acerca da Wii!! Por amor de Deus já chega de jogos da treta que têm como único objectivo o dinheiro fácil!!!
Sem duvida... e ao este jogo ser revelado... lá entendi o que a Sega queria dizer há uns dois meses:

Simon Jeffery: I think we'll see more and more going into this year and beyond that games that are built for a number of systems just will not be successful on the Wii; the Wii audience is going to demand stuff that is built specifically for it.

I think the casual mindset has made it tough on hardcore gamers, especially from the Western publishers during the first year or so of the Wii’s life. However, going forward I think that the Wii is going to be a very good place for hardcore gamers to be. If you think about Condemned for instance, in hindsight Condemned would be a great game to play with the Wii remote. [The game] is all about melee combat and brute force, and using the [motion controls] to [attack] would be awesome. (madworld gameplay? :D) Ironically, it could have translated very well. Condemned was built from the ground up as a very high-end audio-visual experience, though, so that’s why it’s appearing on the PS3 and 360 systems. But I do think going forward there is very much a place for the hardcore gamers on the Wii and there’s a big opportunity for publishers to take advantage of that because we've seen the success of Resident Evil on Nintendo platforms, and I believe that will continue. But I do also believe that a lot of Western publishers are only looking at the Wii for casual and family gaming, and I think that’s a mistake – I think there’s a lot more opportunity there on the Wii. The Wii isn’t just about Wii Tennis (and what about Virtua Tennis with online?) and Mario & Sonic; it’s about so much more.

I do think Sega is in a good position to look at the Wii market because we've got this great relationship with Nintendo and some proven success on the Wii, so I think we are in a good position to look at the totality of the Wii market and not just the area that the mass, wide market media is talking about right now, which is this living room, family play stuff. So I think that the early years, the first 18 months or so on the Wii is all about that – mass market acceptance and adoption – but the Wii as a platform has way much more to offer than that, and hardcore gamers traditionally love Nintendo as well. There's no reason why they should be excluded or excommunicated from the Nintendo world.
Fonte: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/sega-pigeonholing-wii-only-for-casual-is-a-mistake/?biz=1

Grande visão... e uma pista clara, que ninguém apanhou na altura, o homem até descreve o gameplay deste jogo; sim senhora... Isto não devia ser a excepção, devia ser a regra! :D

Sega está a subir e muito, como developer/publisher de alto calibre na Wii; que continuem a entender o mercado como estão a demonstrar.

Acabou de passar para a frente de qualquer jogo na minha "wishlist", mesmo para a frente do Brawl, e o jogo parece que nasceu do dia para a noite, ainda só ontem ouvi falar dele. Gostava de saber mais sobre o "Death Watch", mas com o tempo lá vamos. Arrancar o coração a alguém e "esborrachá-lo" com a mão sempre foi algo que tive imensa vontade de fazer (em video-jogos, claro). Ah, e o fatality do Mortal Kombat não conta. :-D

Acabou de passar para a frente de qualquer jogo na minha "wishlist", mesmo para a frente do Brawl, e o jogo parece que nasceu do dia para a noite, ainda só ontem ouvi falar dele. Gostava de saber mais sobre o "Death Watch", mas com o tempo lá vamos.
Creio que por Death Watch estão a falar do publico a assistir e aplaudir a violencia não é?

De um ponto de vista... Este jogo parece-me algo como um herdeiro de God Hand (da Clover Studios); também se ouvia uma espécie de público quando a dar pancada nos fulanos se passava de nível, quer para cima, por estar a dar muito mais do que tá a levar... quer para baixo; este sistema parece ser semelhante, mas expandido (comentários/comentadores?); e possivelmente sem indicação de status via HUD.

Sim, dá ideia de algo desse género, e será o mais certo. Estou bastante curioso para ver isso num video de gameplay, tem tudo para ser muito bom e divertido! Misturar algo tão grotesco com um bom sentido de humor é sempre fantastico. A Wii estava a precisar de algo assim, mas este ainda veio dar ainda mais do que muita gente andava a pedir.

Epá, de facto espectacular 8|

Agora com imagens de maior e qualidade, fico realmente de água na boca...

As previews também estão muito interessantes, especialmente as frases do senhor...

E acima de tudo... a posição da Sega parece-me acertada (espero que mantenham a veia de boas decisões daqui para a frente).

Este MadWorld juntamente com o Fragile, FF: Crystal Chronicles, novo Kid Icarus, novo Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Day of Disaster, Conduit e certamente mais jogos a anunciar da Big N fazem uma lista de esclusivos para a Wii que deve calar os que insistem na falta de jogos para esta.

Não chega... acredita que não chega. E estás-te a esquecer de um grande peso bruto que é o Monster Hunter (lá para Q2/2009), para além de que são dois FF (um dos quais, o Crystal Bearers, nem consigo perceber porque vai ser inserido na saga Christal Chronicles... o gameplay é "look" é completamente distinto) e não um. Isso que referes já é um estigma... De qualquer forma, cada vez estou mais contente por me ter decidido pela Wii... :)

De um ponto de vista... Este jogo parece-me algo como um herdeiro de God Hand (da Clover Studios)

Só espero não ser tão mal entendido pela crítica como esse foi...

Trailer, sem ser offscreen:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbg6-yLgy_Y

Mais duas imagens:

pg011.jpg

mad001.jpg

^ Como tudo. Se tiver uma storyline porreirita e nos deem bons objectivos para completar, não fico com receio. Um Devil May Cry, por exemplo, tem muito tiro, combos, e mortes, e acho que não se torna repetitivo. Só precisa de um motivo, para não ser um simples jogo violento, sem objectivos fortes.

excelente visual, prova que nem tudo tem de ser HD e com milhentos de cores
Hmm... Eu diria que uma das características do que para muitos é ser "Next Gen" (incluindo developers) até é... ter muito poucas cores e apostar numa palete de ocres a ir do castanho para o amarelo (sendo que os amarelos são o Bloom) com, ocasionalmente outras cores algo esbatidas pelo meio... ao invés de jogos propriamente coloridos.

Hmm... Eu diria que uma das características do que para muitos é ser "Next Gen" (incluindo developers) até é... ter muito poucas cores e apostar numa palete de ocres a ir do castanho para o amarelo (sendo que os amarelos são o Bloom) com, ocasionalmente outras cores algo esbatidas pelo meio... ao invés de jogos propriamente coloridos.

lol ya, tal um comic da vgcats há meses (ou anos?)

Excelente.
Só tenho um grande receio, é que se torne repetitivo.

Acho que os intervenientes no projecto não nos deixarão ficar mal nesse aspecto... ;) Mas a ver vamos!

Para além do referido (que work art brutal!! 8| ), adoro a música como som... aquela musiquinha com o som típico do cinema do tempo dos avozinhos... LINDO!

Back