Mandriva 2008.1

esquiso

Power Member
Adam Williamson has announced the first release candidate for Mandriva Linux 2008.1: "The fifth pre-release of Mandriva Linux 2008.1 is here. This pre-release includes the all-new artwork for the 2008.1 release, further improvements to the Mandriva software management tools, WPA-EAP support in the network configuration tools, KDE 3.5.9 and 4.0.1, some new default applications in KDE and GNOME, and the latest pre-release of OpenOffice.org 2.4. The beta is available in Free and One editions, with i586 and x86_64 DVDs for the Free edition and i586, KDE and GNOME CDs for the One edition. As far as testing goes, we are particularly interested in testing the NTFS support, making sure RPMdrake has no problems, PulseAudio, multimedia keyboard support, hardware detection and hibernation support." The release announcement, release notes. Download: mandriva...dvd-i586.iso (3,882MB, MD5), mandriva...dvd-x86_64.iso (3,894MB, MD5), mandriva...GNOME-int-cdrom-i586.iso (700MB, MD5), mandriva...KDE-int-cdrom-i586.iso (696MB, MD5).

Fonte: http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04780

E chegamos à RC2

Adam Williamson has announced the second and final release candidate for Mandriva Linux 2008.1: "The sixth pre-release of Mandriva Linux 2008.1 is here. This pre-release includes support for easy synchronization of Windows Mobile 5+, Blackberry and Nokia devices, the Codeina multimedia codec installation system, support for Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics cards, more improvements to the Mandriva software installation tools, the finalized 2008 Spring theme, a new metapackage for easily installing a complete LAMP setup, and KDE 4.0.2." Read the release announcement and release notes for more information. Download the "Free" installation DVDs from here: mandriva-linux...dvd-i586.iso (4,436MB, MD5), mandriva-linux...dvd-x86_64.iso (4,424MB, MD5).

Fonte: http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04804

Espero que as outras distros sigam o exemplo que a mandriva está a dar, não podemos ficar com software "desactualizado" nas ultimas distros xD

Mandriva, IMHO, precisa de uma "killer app/feature". Não tem o peso que teve antigamente e dúvido que volte a ter se continua assim.

Pelas reviews parece estar a melhorar bastante mas continua sem conseguir atrair muita gente.

Por acaso tenho curiosidade em experimentar o Mandriva assim como, principalmente, o último Fedora. Pode ser que seja este 2008.1 :) Neste momento tenho o Ubuntu mas o bichinho da experimentação anda cá...

Eu sou um noob nisto, mas sempre usei Mandriva e de todas que testei antes, fiquei sempre no mandriva..

Já meti este tambem mal saiu.. o 2008.1

e acho-o uma maravilha :)

Pelas reviews parece estar a melhorar bastante mas continua sem conseguir atrair muita gente.

estranho que penses assim... onde te baseaste para essa teoria ? sempre foi das distros mais usadas desde o tempo em que era conhecida por outros nomes

anda sempre em 3º e 4º lugar no distro watch...(num ranking da 0 a 100) agora por acaso ta em sexto lugar mas se veres as distros que estao a baixo dela...

sempre foi a distro em kde mais rapida a meu ver.

Back