PC MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

Pure Anarchy

Moderador
Staff

Humanity has expanded to the stars, colonizing a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. Where the Star League once ruled in relative stability, generations of countless wars, alliances, and betrayals have divided the Inner Sphere into five distinct Successor States. These states, also known as the Great Houses, have fought and quarreled for centuries over the remnants of the Star League and control of the Inner Sphere. They are now in the midst of a Third Succession War, one which has been raging for almost 150 years.

While the battlefields of the Inner Sphere burn with an array of devastating weaponry, none is more formidable than the BattleMech. These immense fighting machines, piloted by elite fighters known as MechWarriors, dominate the wars of the future with enough firepower to annihilate entire cities.

In MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries you will adopt the role of a rookie MechWarrior pilot thrust into combat as the Third Succession War continues to fracture the Inner Sphere. Take contracts from the factions of your choosing and engage in tactical, first-person, PvE ‘Mech combat through an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice. Victory, prestige, and profit will not only require skill on the battlefield, but in the acquisition, maintenance, and enhancement of your BattleMechs.

Set for release in 2018, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is under development by a dedicated team at Piranha Games. MechWarrior Online, Piranha’s existing F2P multiplayer-focused tactical ‘Mech combat game, will continue its ongoing live development by the MWO team at Piranha.

Produtora: Piranha Games
Plataforma: PC
Data de Lançamento: 2018
Site Oficial

Boas!

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries hands-on: the series goes back to its roots
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries isn’t just a sequel to MechWarrior 4. It’s a chance to re-establish the series and give its hordes of hardcore fans something that they’ve always wanted. "A significant part of our design philosophy is asking, 'What have players always wanted to do in a MechWarrior game?'" Bullock tells me.
http://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-hands-on-the-series-goes-back-to-its-roots/

https://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5-release-date/

MechWarrior 5 will release in September 2019

After being delayed nearly a year, MechWarrior 5 gets a new release date—and it's looking great too.

The delayed release seems to be working in Piranha Games' favor because I walked away really impressed with what I played of MechWarrior 5 yesterday.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries just looks better and better every time I see it, so I'm real interested in checking it out next year when it releases on September 10, 2019. MechWarrior 5 was supposed to launch this December but was delayed, but Piranha Games president Russ Bullock just announced the new release date during MechCon, where thousands of robot fans pour into Vancouver to celebrate all things BattleTech. To accompany the announcement, Piranha Games revealed an explosive new trailer to showcase some classic mech on mech action.

It's looking good, and it's playing really good too. Yesterday I got a chance to go hands on with a co-op demo of MechWarrior 5, with me and three teammates each playing in our own custom-built "mech pods" complete with HOTAS joysticks, Buttkicker rumble chairs, surround sound, and gorgeous 4K screens. It was quite the experience.

Below: the "mech pods" we played MechWarrior 5 in.

Image 1 of 4
missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

But even playing on just a normal computer, I was having a blast trading long-range missile salvos against enemy mechs. When I first previewed MechWarrior 5 back in 2017, it looked promising but lacked a lot of visual oomph. A few months later, when I played it again, it had improved a bit but I found the AI to be pretty dumb.

RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU...
Fortunately, the delayed release seems to be working in Piranha Games' favor because I walked away really impressed with what I played of MechWarrior 5 yesterday. Not only do the graphics feel significantly better and more detailed—I especially love how lush the foliage looked as I cleaved through forests in my Stalker—but the enemy AI was much more aggressive and fun too. They still had a bit of trouble running into objects and opening themselves up for a fatal strike, but it was a ton of fun picking them off with three other humans by my side.

But make no mistake, MechWarrior 5 is decidedly a singleplayer game. Though there's an option to have friends jump in and help you on missions, there's no real incentive for them doing so—any progress you make together is strictly for the benefit of the host. There also won't be any kind of matchmaking or server infrastructure, so you'll be playing using a peer-to-peer connection, but the option is there if you and three friends want to stomp around in mechs together.

Image 1 of 5
missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

missing-image.svg

Fortunately, going solo with a lance of AI teammates is still fun. It really livened up the battle having a squad of mercenaries chattering in my ear as they pulled off impressive shots or suffered severe damage. But, at this point, I'm really keen on seeing how the meta-game of managing your own mercenary unit will work. It's clear that Piranha Games knows how to make mech battles fun, but it'll be the slow burn of going from greenhorn soldier for hire to deadly warlord that'll keep me invested, and so far Piranha Games hasn't shown much of what that looks like.

Hopefully Piranha Games will start showcasing how that overarching layer of strategy and management works in the coming year. But, for now, I'm happy to see MechWarrior 5 coming together so nicely.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will launch on September 10, 2019.

Boas!

Pelo menos regressaram aos diferentes tamanhos de slots de armas, como era no MW4. No MWO é ridículo tirar um SL e pôr um ERPPC.

Boas!

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Interview – Campaign Length, Epic Games Partnership & More
Let's talk a bit about the campaign of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, since it is the main draw to the game after all. What's the overarching theme and what kind of foes can players expect to encounter?

As a Mercenaries title, the core is focused on building up your mercenary company. Starting with just two ‘Mechs and your DropShip in the wake of the destruction of your family’s mercenary company, you’ll be taking contracts with the various factions throughout the Inner Sphere in your journey to rebuild. Payouts, battlefield salvage, contract negotiations, combing the markets, and maintaining your stock of BattleMechs and MechWarriors are what the mercenary loop is all about. All the while you’ll have that thread of revenge to follow on the story side of the campaign.

The campaign begins in the year 3015 but will extend over the years and potentially decades depending on the pace of the players’ playthrough, and as that timeline advances, you’ll encounter new technologies and new ‘Mechs. With the salvage system, every ‘Mech you face becomes an opportunity to leave the battlefield with a significant reward.

You’ll also be facing off against an array of other enemy vehicles and turret defenses. Some are basically 'cannon fodder' to a fully-equipped BattleMech, but others are significant threats in their own right.
https://wccftech.com/mechwarrior-5-...-campaign-length-epic-games-partnership-more/

Já não piloto um Mech faz tempo, desde o Mech4 Mercenaries, e já andava de olho nisto. Mas agora li que a campanha dá para fazer em Co-op. Despertou-me ainda mais o interesse.

Back