Wii Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja + Nintendo)

Este jogo promete. =)

É 3D, right?

Lançar o rumor sobre o que penso que poderá ser a storyline:

1- Existem experiências de clonagem usando os Metroid.

2- Samus é resultado de uma dessas clonagens.

3- A personagem (supostamente muito importante para a história), de que Samus é clone, é contaminada com um Metroid numa experiência que corre mal, em laboratório. Resultado: transforma-se na Mother Brain.

4- Isto revela factos do passado sobre o que é a origem da guerra e verdadeiro interesse nos Metroid.

Acham credível? É a leitura que tenho do trailer...

2- Samus é resultado de uma dessas clonagens.
A samus não é resultado de clonagens, os pais dela morreram às mãos do ridley e foi adoptada pelos chozos que fizeram dela um ser humano enhanced dando-lhe parte do seu ADN, o Power Suit e a treinaram.

Quanto muito há um aproveitamento/estudo disso, ou então um clone da samus... Mas a samus em si não é um clone.
3- A personagem (supostamente muito importante para a história), de que Samus é clone, é contaminada com um Metroid numa experiência que corre mal, em laboratório. Resultado: transforma-se na Mother Brain.
Não se aplica. A Mother Brain não mais é que um Supercomputador Aurora Unit que deu para o torto.

Não é clone de ninguém, é um cerebro cibernético. (e este jogo passa-se depois do Super Metroid, logo só se fosse um revivalismo dela "enhanced")
4- Isto revela factos do passado sobre o que é a origem da guerra e verdadeiro interesse nos Metroid.
Mas nós sabemos o verdadeiro interesse dos Metroid.

a historia com ridley a matar os pais da Samus está nalguns jogos? só me lembro de ter lido essa historia no manga de Metroid

a historia com ridley a matar os pais da Samus está nalguns jogos? só me lembro de ter lido essa historia no manga de Metroid
O manga é canónico, foi feito em 2003 antes do Zero Mission sair no japão para cobrir os acontecimentos que levaram a ele (e claro, criar momentum)... teve a participação activa do Nintendo R&D1.

O manga não foi um licenciamento a terceiros e "agora façam o que quiserem", muito pelo contrário.

De resto a mãe e pai da Samus aparecem nas versões japonesas do Metroid Fusion (anterior ao Metroid Zero Mission e subsequentemente, ao manga) a lutar contra o ridley em stills, e no Zero Mission em todas as versões.

EDIT: Still do Fusion Japonês:

2hz5rmd.png

EDIT2: Entrevista IGN:

E3 2009: Metroid: Other M Heavy on Action and Story
Interview: Director Yoshio Sakamoto says the game will be the ultimate Metroid experience. Also, Metroid Dread lives!

Metroid: Other M was a huge surprise for us at E3 2009 and we're really excited for it. We're wondering how the partnership with Team Ninja came about.

Yoshio Sakamoto:
I've been working on Metroid games for quite awhile, but in 2006, having seen the Wii, its capabilities and the features available through it, I wanted to challenge myself to see what I could produce for that particular system and it was at that point that I started mulling other concepts. My team and myself have had experience working on Metroid game, but it's all been in the handheld realm and it's all been in 2D, so we lacked both the experience and the manpower to create a 3D Metroid experience. It was at that time that I realized I needed to find a partner help me realize my concept.

When I was considering what I was going to look for in this partner, I not only wanted to find somebody who was going to understand my concept as it existed, but could also contribute based on their own experience and expertise and I was very fortunate when I proposed this idea to members of Team Ninja and they seemed to really be able to understand and grasp my idea and they were happy to jump on board as well.

During those initial meetings, I did not approach Team Ninja knowing that they were Team Ninja and had that experience behind them. Granted, I appreciated the fact that they did have game development experience, but not specifically with regard to action games. What I was looking for was a partner that could contribute their strengths and possibly balance out our weaknesses, assuming we could do the same for them. We have the experience of creating Metroid games. They have the experience of creating action games. Together, instead of being Nintendo and Team Ninja, we became Project M. And our goal is to create the best Metroid: Other M that we can.

How is Project M separated between the teams? How big is the overall team?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
In addition to the members of the staff from Nintendo and Team Ninja, as you saw in the trailer, there are a lot of cinematics that help us tell the story within Other M so we're also working with a company called D-Rockets, led by a director named Mr. Kitaura. In total, with the the three companies combined that make Project M, we have over 100 people on our staff.

We're all huge Metroid fans. We loved Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. So we're really psyched that we're finally going to get some real back story on Samus. How much in terms of story and cinematics can we expect?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
One thing I need to explain is that I was really not that involved directly in the development of the Metroid Prime series. What I was involved in was the development of the initial NES Metroid, the GBA Metroid, Super Metroid and then finally Metroid Fusion. And within that timeline, the Other M story will take place between Super Metroid and the Fusion stories. What I hope to achieve with Other M is answer those questions -- you know, who is Samus? What is her background? Who are the characters that made her what she is? All these questions and more will be answered. I could tell you a little more about the details of what you might expect, but I don't want to ruin it for you so I'll just leave it at that.

Can we expect a lot of storytelling and cinematics in the game?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
That's actually a really interesting question. A lot of times movies within games are handled as decorations as augment the experience, but my goal is to make the whole experience very seamless. So when you're going from an action sequence where you're controlling it and then the game will naturally progress into the cinematics. So I hope the experience is very seamless and natural.

Has working with Team Ninja brought about a more action-oriented Metroid with less focus on adventure?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
I think Metroid has always been a little bit of action as well as adventure, but because we are teaming up with Team Ninja, I do think that they will bring things to the table that we haven't been able to do in the past. But again, a huge part of Metroid is the adventure aspect and we do want to stay true to that as well.

Can you give us some idea of how the controls work?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
I'm terribly sorry, but I can't give you details on the controls at this time.

How do the third-person and first-person action coexist?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
Unfortunately, I can't give you details on how the perspective is going to be used in the game either, but if you take the time to really dissect the trailer, you should get a pretty good idea of maybe how the game is going to play. Our goal ultimately is to create the ultimate Metroid experience so really pay attention to the trailer and I think it should give you some good impressions. That said, though, development is progressing at a pretty good pace, so I think I should be able to supply a demo for you guys to experience pretty soon.

When you beat the original Metroid, there's a warning of 'another Metroid.' Is that what 'Other M' refers to in the title of the Wii game?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
The NES Metroid? I don't remember.

[Laughing] We guess that answers it then. Okay, we have to ask about Metroid Dread. It popped up on an internal Nintendo release list awhile back and we haven't heard anything about it since.

Yoshio Sakamoto:
This is quite awhile ago. A few E3's back. I can only say right now that this is Other M, it is not Metroid Dread. But as a concept the Metroid Dread idea does still exist within my mind so maybe sometime in the future I will be able to bring that to you.

Are you burned out on the prospect of doing another 2D Metroid, or does the possibility still excite you, maybe for WiiWare or DSiWare, if nothing else?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
It's not as though my team or myself have grown tired of creating 2D games, but I think it's all what the concept is, what the game design is, and what best suits that whether it's on the Wii or DS. So moving forward, if an idea comes up that is best suited for DS then we'll pursue that.

Great. Any final comments on Metroid: Other M that you really want Metroid fans to know about?

Yoshio Sakamoto:
What my team and I are shooting for is the ultimate Metroid experience. Up until now we've created the Samus who, yes, is indeed a strong, charming and very cool heroine. But what we're hoping to create is a Samus now that not just fans of Metroid will appreciate, but everyone who is experiencing the game. So I'm hoping that everyone looks forward to exploring that Metroid world and experiencing Samus as a character.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991793p2.html

Gostei da leitura. Estou mesmo ansioso por por as mãos nisto. Apesar de não ser o maior fã deste tipo de cutscenes que a Team Ninja usa, acho que vou gostar, e parece-me que vai ser mais pesado em termos de história, o que é bom.

Parece fugir um pouquinho ao que é realmente a formula Metroid, e por isso espero que seja só mesmo um projecto à parte.

When you beat the original Metroid, there's a warning of 'another Metroid.' Is that what 'Other M' refers to in the title of the Wii game?

Yoshio Sakamoto: The NES Metroid? I don't remember.

:-D

Que corpo é aquele? Adam?

2e5rvk4.jpg

EDIT: Entrevista com Tomonobu Itagaki: (ex-director da Team Ninja)

Do you feel that your work on the Ninja Gaiden franchise owes anything to what Devil May Cry started on PS2?

Tomonobu Itagaki:
Nope. I actually owe thanks to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

(...)

How do you feel about the Team Ninja-doing-Metroid-reinvention news? Is this something you would have welcomed when you were still there?

TI:
Metroid is a fantastic game that I played a lot on the Disk System when I was a child. I also know Mr. Sakamoto, the producer at Nintendo, very well. He fathered Samus Aran. He's been making games since I was a child, so he's a veteran I really respect. I think [Yosuke] Hayashi will learn a lot working with him. I hope Team Ninja works hard in making a good game.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?pager.offset=2&cId=3174656

Bela entrevista :D I "I don't remember" é awesome :D

O processo de acompanhar o desenvolvimento disto (vídeos, imagens, etc), vais ser épico :)

^ Sim, sinceramente considero isto o megaton da E3... como é que eles conseguiram manter isto escondido durante tanto tempo! (desde 2006)

Só o momento em que aparece Team Ninja no ecrã ao lado da Nintendo dava para os apanhados, ou algo das linhas do "you've been owned/rickrolled", etc.

Espero que isto abra portas a mais cooperações deste genero.

Será que vamos ter pela primeira vez num jogo todo o passado da samus?
Passado em relação a que jogo? :P Porque as origens dela já são bem sabidas, isto claramente vai satisfazer a veia de contador de histórias que o Sakamoto tem vindo a mostrar que sinceramente deixa-me mais de pé atrás do que entusiasmado. Claramente isto dá ainda mais um passo para o estilo anime e ainda para mais usa FMVs e pelos vistos conta a história duma maneira tradicional, ou seja não é muito o estilo de Metroid. Com isto dito, pouco se sabe e sem dúvida que está em óptimas mãos, além disso não sou contra a explorar novos caminhos nestes jogos, vamos lá ver é se não fogem muito.

Metroid co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto has revealed new details on the upcoming new Metroid: Other M for Wii. Sakamoto says Other M will be different than any other Metroid because it will show the human side of Samus.

In an interview with Famitsu, Sakamoto explained why Metroid: Other M will be unique.

"[Metroid: Other M] different from the rest of the series, this time we're strongly depicting the human side of Samus through such things as movies. She's a strong woman, but she also has a fragile side. We want to make a game whose charms can be felt from the story areas and these human touches as well. It's an action game, but it's capable of having a clear emotional side."

Sakamoto went on to say "This Metroid is being developed with the aim of the ideal form of the old Metroid,"

Just how good will this Metroid be? Sakamoto believes the Wii makes a game like Other M possible.

"It's a game that can be realized because of the Wii" he said.
Quero videos

Back