PC Mirror's Edge Catalyst (EA DICE)

Ri-me

"no multiplayer either.”

Como se fosse importante.
EA a cada vez mais merd*sa

Nada contra o multiplayer. Mas essa tendência de o quererem introduzir em tudo o que é jogo... -.-'

Ainda me lembro de haver jogos em que se dedicavam inteiramente ao principal do jogo.

O Mirrors Edge não foi perfeito. Mas foi bonito, e uma agradável experiência nesta geração. Um lufada de ar fresco.

Muito sinceramente acho que o Mirror's Edge 2 teria muito sucesso com Free Roam e Online.

O online não é o mais importante mas há que ver que para muita gente é... E sendo que a DICE sabe fazer bons onlines, estão à espera do que?

No Mirror's Edge 1, criaram o conceito da Empire City... Mas esta nunca chegou a ser exploravel... Porque não faze-lo no Mirror's Edge 2? O Online seria bom para andar a brincar a parcour com amigos, fazer corridas point-to-point a ver quem chegava mais depressa a um certo sitio... Coop também não era mau...

Ideias para tornar este jogo excelente é coisa que não falta.

Junto do RDR são os meus jogos preferidos desta geração... A ideia de não haver ME2 deixa-me em baixo -.-

Última edição:
^ ^ ^ ^

ME2 = Mass Effect 2 e NADA mais. Não me confundas nem a mim nem mais ninguém. :P :-D

- - - -

Não é dos meus jogos preferidos desta geração, embora tenha gostado do Universo em si, mas sinto tristeza que pelo menos por enquanto não irá existir sequela. Acho um erro por parte da EA fazer isto à DICE, ainda mais porque tenho QUASE a certeza absolutamente que isto está relacionado com aquela estratégia da EA para se bater taco a taco com a Activision, em termos de first-person shooters anuais. Enfim... :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Última edição:
Por acaso não me referia ao Mass Effect 2 embora tenha jogado a demo na 360 e na PS3... Estou decidido a comprar, mas primeiro quero o primeiro Mass Effect, e aquando a compra do segundo, de preferência a versão que traga todos os DLC's (se tal versão sair na Xbox360).

A ‘small team’ is working on Mirror’s Edge 2, EA has confirmed.
Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, the outspoken Patrick Soderlund, who as senior vice president at EA Games Europe oversees all European game development, said he was “excited” by what developer DICE, where he is based, will do with the game.
Mirror’s Edge divided opinion on its release in November 2008. While fans applauded the innovative Parkour-inspired first-person action, critics slammed the game for its short length and poor storyline.
When asked for an update on the future of the IP, Soderlund told us: “Mirror’s Edge was a risky move. It was a bold move, a very innovative and inspiring move. The game wasn’t perfect by any means. We would have liked the game to sell better even though the game has sold better than most people think.”
He added: “You will see another Mirror’s Edge for sure. It’s just a matter of when that time is and what we do with it. We have a small team on it and I’m excited about what we do.”
Soderlund’s comments are the first confirmation that a sequel is in development. Up to this point the game had only been mentioned by EA as a title in consideration. During a December 2008 conference call EA CEO John Riccitiello assured fans that the company wasn’t giving up on the IP, despite less than stellar sales.
As reported by Edge, Riccitiello said: "Mirror's Edge is one that was very strongly reviewed, that one's going to go forward. We're probably going to look into some issues around the design to make sure strong IP is married with strong business."
Unfortunately Soderlund couldn't offer any other details or a possible release date on the game.

@videogamer

Venha ele !!

Adorei o 1º !!

:D

Se esses gajos da EA se fossem mas é a m****, o conceito do Mirrors Edge era bom, fresco, e o que fazem os gajo da EA? Cancelam o jogo! :facepalm: Ai EA...

Parece que nos dias de hoje jogos originais não tem lugar em lado nenhum...

Update: A representative for EA offered up a statement to 1UP, calling Mirror's Edge "an important franchise," noting that DICE is currently at work on Battlefield 3 and that it has "nothing further to announce." As expected, it doesn't give us any indication as to whether or not the original report from this past December has any merit. If Mirror's Edge really is an important franchise, though, you wouldn't expect a sequel to be canceled.
1UP

Update: A representative for EA offered up a statement to 1UP, calling Mirror's Edge "an important franchise," noting that DICE is currently at work on Battlefield 3 and that it has "nothing further to announce." As expected, it doesn't give us any indication as to whether or not the original report from this past December has any merit. If Mirror's Edge really is an important franchise, though, you wouldn't expect a sequel to be canceled.
1UP

É mesmo uma pena. Mirror's Edge foi daqueles jogos que me marcou mesmo, ao deslumbrar-me com um ambiente e vistas fantásticas, diferente de tudo feito até a altura, assim como gameplay. Nem parecia "mais um jogo".

De uma forma um pouco mais completa:

On Monday we reported a rumour that originated from VG247, via the Swedish site “Press 2 Play TV” that said a sequel to Mirror’s Edge was ‘on hold.’
It appears that this was a case of ‘lost in translation’ – and proper ‘lost in translation’, not the Valve version in which an employee announces that Half Life 3 will ship next week, closely followed by statement from Valve head office which says “Actually what we meant to say is ‘What a lovely day for a walk in the park”
VG247 were thorough, though, contacting EA for comment even though that comment was the the usual line: that Electronic Arts do not ‘comment on speculation.’
Guess what?
EA have since commented on speculation! They have contacted 1Up and called Mirror’s Edge “an important franchise,” but said that it has “nothing further to announce.”
So, to recap: The rumour was Mirror’s Edge 2 was on hold, the official word is it doesnt even exist. Yet.
Source: 1UP

Fonte: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/02/18/mirrors-edge-still-important/

Ainda posso ter esperança!

Acho que isto é novo em relação ao que o Daimon postou.

On Monday we reported a rumour that originated from VG247, via the Swedish site “Press 2 Play TV” that said a sequel to Mirror’s Edge was ‘on hold.’
It appears that this was a case of ‘lost in translation’ – and proper ‘lost in translation’, not the Valve version in which an employee announces that Half Life 3 will ship next week, closely followed by statement from Valve head office which says “Actually what we meant to say is ‘What a lovely day for a walk in the park”
VG247 were thorough, though, contacting EA for comment even though that comment was the the usual line: that Electronic Arts do not ‘comment on speculation.’
Guess what?
EA have since commented on speculation! They have contacted 1Up and called Mirror’s Edge “an important franchise,” but said that it has “nothing further to announce.”
So, to recap: The rumour was Mirror’s Edge 2 was on hold, the official word is it doesnt even exist. Yet.
Source: 1UP
Fonte: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/02/18/mirrors-edge-still-important/

Ainda posso ter esperança!

Parece que afinal vai para a frente e com Frostbite 2!

EA 2011: Mirror’s Edge 2 to be powered by Frostbite 2?

Mirrors-Edge-thumb.jpg

In a Game Trailers interview at E3, president of EA Games, Frank Gibeau all but confirmed that EA is planning to make Mirror’s Edge 2, adding that it will likely be powered by Battlefield 3′s Frostbite 2 engine.

“We haven’t killed Mirror’s Edge,” Gibeau told Game Trailers. “We’re actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way. We love that franchise. The DICE guys really created something I think special the first time around. You’ve got to have a big idea to be able to do the next one and that’s what we’re working on.”

When asked whether Mirror’s Edge 2 could use Frostbite 2, Gibeau said “you’ll see that combination, I’m sure.”

Gibeau has spoken publicly before about the possibilities of a Mirror’s Edge sequel. He’s previously said that a lack of multiplayer and problems with pace and difficulty held the first game back. On the matter of lessons learned from the first game, he had this to say:

“If you’re going to be bold with that kind of concept, you need to take it as far as it can go in development. You have to execute, you have to spend more time on a game to ensure it’s polished, and you need to have the depth and persistence of an online game.”

Talk of Mirror’s Edge 2 will be music to the ears of fans of the first game. Mirror’s Edge’s startling cityscapes are still some of the most memorable locations in gaming. The idea of seeing them reincarnated in the Frostbite 2 engine lights up a huge neon “YES” sign deep in my soul.

Última edição:
É uma pena terem colocado o jogo de parte, ainda que por uma boa razão. Esperemos que este seja o próximo projecto da DICE, pois adorei o 1º Mirrors Edge. ;)

Back