More NV30 Remarks

WarLock

Power Member
Looks like Scott any myself are on the same page in regards to the NV30 story that Reactor Critical made available yesterday. I ran across information from what seems to be a reliable source, but would rather not provide a link since the person mentions being briefed on the status of the NV30.
I appreciate the comments as they were provided as an attempt to clarifiy certain points. I guess there are times when one reads enough nonsense and can set the "record straight" without breaking a non-disclosure agreement. Of course I could be way off here, but my gut-feeling is that this person is telling the truth.

The graphics processor throughput of 200 million triangles per second is not correct. The sources may have mistaken the figure.

The 3DMark performance was exaggerated. As Scott mentions below the results are more than likely based on using extreme graphics settings. However, there's a good chance that the NV30 will significantly outperform the GeForce4 Ti 4600 in the next version of 3DMark.

The Doom 3 performance estimate was based on using the latest NV30 beta board and was not done via simulation.

NV30 beta chips and boards have been around for some time and the final chip should come back any day.

The 48GB/sec of memory bandwith is based on a calculation which includes factoring in overdraw removal (occlusion culling).

Back