My Book (Western Digital)

Dracula

Power Member
Depois de uma semana devolta da drive a tentar que ela fosse reconhecida pelo Windows Vista, EU DESISTO.

No WinXP detecta perfeitamente.
Windows Vista pede para instalar (coisa que nunca foi necessario neste tipo de coisas) e não reconhece a drive nem sequer fica no disk Management.

Eu ja estou tao cansado disto que até vou so fazer quotes das tretas que as pessoas tentam fazer para por esta coisa a funcionar

Unfortunately, the tip from Nikos D. and Mel didn’t work for me:

1. Unplug from power.
2. Plug usb into computer.
3. Plug back in Power.
4. It works.
5. NOT.

Add me to the list of people unhappy with the Western Digital My Book
Now, being in the support world is no easy thing to do .... some inbound phone queue with random callers from all over the world with God knows what problem they are mad about and have been on hold for 45 minutes waiting to explode with all of it focused at you ( because you ARE Western Digital to them) . Well, I'd like to think I am more understanding than that. I dont recall her name - but she asked some basic questions:

Do you see a light on the device? Yes
Is it plugged in a USB port or direct? Direct
Is it making any noises, grinding etc.? No
When you touch it - is it humming silently? Yes
Do you see any popups when you plug it in? Yes.. new HW recognized.
Do you see any yellow bangs in device manager? Yes. Unknown Device under system devices.
Do you see any WD devices under Disk Drives in device manager? No.
Is the device plugged directly ( power cord ) into a wall or a power strip? Power Strip.
OK sir, here is what I'd like you to do. Please go to device manager , and uninstall the "unknown device". Done .

OK. Now - turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the external drive as well as the USB cable from the computer. Done. Now, power on the computer.

Here is the kicker... please plug the external drive into a wall plug instead of a power strip. Then, plug the USB cable back into the computer.

Ummm.. can I ask why? Something about power flucuations and such ... it doesnt get enough juice or something to be recognized. Wild.. but OK I do as commanded.

Lo and behold... comes up fine, recognizes the drive and away we go.

One more thing -- I guess there were a number of bad firewire cables shipped with these, so we will ship you a new one - just toss the one you have.
Fora a quantidade enorme de drives que morrem passado dias.. nem falo de meses! >(>(

Se alguem estiver sem nada que fazer pode sempre ler os mais de 400 comentarios de pessoas num blog a queixar-se das drives Externas da WD.:mad::mad:

http://www.tomrafteryit.net/western-digital-my-book-pro-edition-ii-sucks/

Claro esta que esta drive vai de volta para a loja como produto que n me satisfez no prazo legal de 15 dias para devolver.

Última edição pelo moderador:
Tenho neste momento duas drives externas da Western Digital, um My Book II de 500GB e um Passport (2.5) de 120GB e até agora sempre a bombar sem o mínimo de problema, tanto em XP como em Vista, estou satisfeitissimo com o material.

:x2: aqui esta a funcionar a 100% em todos os S.O desde XP aos Vistas

Não tive que instalar nada apenas conectei o Disco ao pc e dá logo sinal de vida...

Cumps,
Carlos

Deve ser das minhas tomadas n ter energia sufeciente..so pode..

OK. Now - turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the external drive as well as the USB cable from the computer. Done. Now, power on the computer.

Here is the kicker... please plug the external drive into a wall plug instead of a power strip. Then, plug the USB cable back into the computer.

Eu tb tava a ficar maluco a pensar que eu ja n percebia nada d informatica e que me ia dedicar à pesca, mas quando vi o link com CENTENAS de pessoas todas a queixar-s da mesmas coisas.. fiquei descançado e já n vou deixar o meu emprego :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back