DS Lock's Quest (5th Cell)

smash"

What is folding?
15497wz.png

Something strange happened one night while I was in the midst of an extended session of Lock's Quest, the new DS tower-defense title from the team that created the innovative platformer Drawn to Life. I'd just finished a particularly grueling set of battles in the game world's forested eastern front, and I set the DS down to take a breather and hop online for a few. Within seconds of wandering over to my computer, I found myself sucked into an archaic Flash tower-defense game; in stark contrast to Lock's Quest, it's easy to see just how much progress the genre's made. Lock's Quest is the kind of game that makes you appreciate the brilliant simplicity of the tower-defense formula, even as it adds its own subtle complexities. If PixelJunk Monsters moved the genre forward by giving players an in-game avatar who rushes around building the towers and gathering gold, Lock's Quest takes it to the next logical step. Now the bad guys -- mostly of the robotic variety, in this case -- can actually engage and destroy towers, and main character Lock can fight them hand-to-hand or focus on repairing damaged turrets and walls. The game effectively straddles the line between traditional tower defense and full-on real-time strategy, requiring the more fast-paced, on-the-fly tactics of the latter without ditching the addictive, pick-up-and-play nature of the former.

Click the image above to check out all Lock's Review screens.

As a final stroke of genius, Lock constantly mixes things up across his lengthy quest. In addition to a wide variety of tower, trap, and special-attack types that are slowly unlocked, mission objectives shift constantly. From going on the offensive against whole robot armies to recapturing a mine in order to give your walls a new metal coating, tasks that aren't merely defense-focused are doled out at a perfect pace.
One long set of missions at a besieged wall found me holding back a barrage of increasingly dangerous attacks from a huge group of enemies. Each battle sequence ended with the robots gaining ground, followed by a desperate build session where I tried to compensate for my failure with even more towers. Once the robots finally made their way to the last gate holding them back from progressing to the capital city, their powerful leader was revealed. The final mission in this area had me completely ignoring towers and dodging between groups of enemies to hunt down this extra-powerful bad guy before he escaped. I wasn't expecting this kind of variety in a tower-defense game, and it really lends Lock's Quest this essential feeling of never knowing what to expect next.
Even the surprisingly dark plot of Lock's Quest is more unpredictable than the "boy from a small village becomes the world's savior" synopsis would lead you to expect. Unfortunately, that plot just happens to be conveyed through frequent, slightly long-winded, unskippable cut-scenes that you often have to rewatch depending on where you save and restart. Despite that frustration -- and the occasionally inaccurate stylus controls -- the game engaged and satisfied me above and beyond any of my previous tower-defense obsessions. Lock's Quest succeeds as both a love letter to, and an evolution of, the tower-defense genre.

Link

Resumindo é um jogo de estrategia :D, és um arquitecto e tens como objectivo defender os locais por onde vais passando construido muralhas, canhões e armadilhas.

s35633_nds_2.jpg
image07--article_image.jpg

o modo guerra têm dois modos, o primeiro é da construção o outro já é a guerra pura e crua :D

Normalmente as ondas de clockworks (inimigos) duram 3 minutos, depois tens 2 minutos de intervalo para reparar e reconstruir o que foi destruido.

O que mais me da gozo no jogo é que nunca estas parado, durante a guerra ou tas a reparar as muralhas, ou tas a combater com os clockworks (inimigos), estas batalhas são feitas por sequencias, se fizeres a sequencia correcta tiras mais dano ao adversario, existem várias sequencia diferentes .

locks_quest_006.png

É um bom jogo, têm me dado um gozo do catano :D

Por acaso faltava ca uma thread dedicada ao jogo. Se calhar até devia estar nomeado para a thread de jogo do ano... mas tambem são tantos.

Sim, o jogo também é recente, saiu em setembro, so tive conheçimento dele em dezembro e foi graças a minha namorada :D

lol

O jogo está a 20€ na ***** do Vasco da Gama, eu mandei vir o meu pela dvd.co.uk ficou uns euros mais baratos, deve chagar ainda esta semana.

Back