DS My World, My Way (Atlus)

CoolMaster

Power Member
my_world_my_way_box_art.jpg

Elise is a beautiful princess who has been given everything she's ever wanted. Upon turning 15, she realizes there's only one thing in the world she lacks -- a handsome boyfriend. She sets out to remedy this by asking her father to hold a ball in her honor, to which every prince from every kingdom is invited to come and try their hand at wooing her. However, only one young man catches Elise's eye, and, as it turns out, he is no prince, but an adventurer. Knowing that fate itself has ordained him as her true love, she confesses her desire to share in his life ... Only to be flat out rejected, unless she can proves herself to be a worthy adventurer on her own. And so, much to the Kingdom's shock and dismay, Elise, the clueless princess, sets out on her adventure! It's her world, her way, and as long as she can help the weak, slay the monsters, and win enough fame, she'll get her happily ever after!

Este RPG tem um ar feminino, mas penso que agradará tambem ao publico masculino que goste de RPG. O jogo usa o motor do Mazes of Fate e tem bastantes semelhanças.

Os combates são por turnos e têm uma funcionalidade bastante original chamado de "Pout", com PP (Pout Points) suficientes para fazer X tarefa podemos alterar paisagens, ganhar mais exp/dinheiro de inimigos entre outras coisas. O pout pode ser tambem usado fora dos combates de forma a alterar um ambiente que rodeia a personagem.

Conta tambem com um side-kick que em vez de fazer o level up normal, vai ganhando as habilidades dos inimigos. Ou seja, é um verdadeiro copy-cat.

O jogo esta carregado de humor, posso dar o exemplo do comentário que a Elise fez ao conhecer o seu amor (já não sei precisar, peço desculpa): "He's so beautiful, such a high level... level 99". Basicamente o humor consiste em pegar nos clichés dos RPG e transferi-los para o ambiente do jogo.

Algumas imagens:
my-world-my-way-20090203021723762.jpg
my-world-my-way-20090206104236102_640w.jpg

my-world-my-way-20090206104233352_640w.jpg
my-world-my-way-20081218114442306_640w.jpg

Trailer no Gametrailers
Review no IGN

Ainda não há data de lançamento europeia.

Elise is a beautiful princess who has been given everything she's ever wanted. Upon turning 15, she realizes there's only one thing in the world she lacks -- a handsome boyfriend. She sets out to remedy this by asking her father to hold a ball in her honor, to which every prince from every kingdom is invited to come and try their hand at wooing her. However, only one young man catches Elise's eye, and, as it turns out, he is no prince, but an adventurer. Knowing that fate itself has ordained him as her true love, she confesses her desire to share in his life ... Only to be flat out rejected, unless she can proves herself to be a worthy adventurer on her own. And so, much to the Kingdom's shock and dismay, Elise, the clueless princess, sets out on her adventure! It's her world, her way, and as long as she can help the weak, slay the monsters, and win enough fame, she'll get her happily ever after!.

Outro que desconhecia por completo, já são todos a sair que um gajo nem vê metade :/
Achei piada à parte sublinhada :-D

Quanto ao RPG "feminino" :002: parece ter um estilo bastante único, mas para já não pode ficar à frente de tantos outros que ainda me faltam (next is that piece of ____ called Luminous Arc) :coolshad:

Um bom score na IGN:

7.0 Presentation
The menu icons, enemies, and dungeon aspects are identical to Monster Lair. It’s still a well put together game though, with a smart, funny translation, and a few cameos to boot.

7.5 Graphics
Again a mixture of old and new from Global A. The design is original though, and gives the simplistic visuals a reason to be so… well… simplistic. Decent models, and great 2D work.

7.5 Sound
The musical score is pretty average for the system, but there are some catchy tunes in there. No voiceover or elaborate audio work to be found though. :(

8.0 Gameplay
Bottom line, this game is fun. Pouting is unique, supporting characters rock, and the design is anything but conventional.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
It can be repetitive, but its originality, humor, and open-ended design will keep players plugging away at the adventure for dozens and dozens of hours. Simple concept, but very entertaining.

Overall: 8.0

Back